• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forlan, Mueller get Gold

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forlan, Mueller get Gold

Associated Press

JOHANNESBURG -- Uruguay striker Diego Forlan has been awarded the Golden Ball as the World Cup's best player, and Germany forward Thomas Mueller won the Golden Boot as the tournament's top scorer with five goals.

Forlan was voted the most outstanding player of the tournament by accredited media after leading his team to the semifinals.

The 20-year-old Mueller helped Germany take third place with his five goals and three assists, and also won the Best Young Player award. Forlan, Spain striker David Villa and Netherlands playmaker Wesley Sneijder also scored five times but each had only one assist. Villa and Sneijder both failed to score in Sunday's final, won 1-0 by Spain.

Spain's Iker Casillas won the Golden Glove as the top goalkeeper.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these are good teams, they can score.
not like the spainese.
they will kill the game.
they only win 1 goal each game.
what kind of fxxk is that for world cup champ.
they will kill the game if every game is 1-0

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these are good teams, they can score.
not like the spainese.
they will kill the game.
they only win 1 goal each game.
what kind of fxxk is that for world cup champ.
they will kill the game if every game is 1-0

I do not agree.

The number of goals do not matter. To judge a game by the number of goal is to judge the quality of a book by the number of pages.

The Spaniards played a beautiful game plan by attacking, unlike many teams that play defensive.

There are excellent passing, a flexible midfield and if you noticed, they are play an adapted Dutch style. This really killed Holland in the end.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not agree.

The number of goals do not matter. To judge a game by the number of goal is to judge the quality of a book by the number of pages.

The Spaniards played a beautiful game plan by attacking, unlike many teams that play defensive.

There are excellent passing, a flexible midfield and if you noticed, they are play an adapted Dutch style. This really killed Holland in the end.

I dont agree that Spain played an attacking game, if they play an attacking game.. there should be more goals in their matches.

However, I do agree that Spain is the best team in this WC, and deserving winner. They play to their strength, which is technical abilities to control, to pass, until the opponent got giddy and loop hole appear in defence. In fact, they are best in controlling the game, and wait for the right moment to kill.

The Dutch are deserving runner-up too.. they too play to their strength. To prevent any space for opponent to come near their penalty area. They have 2 very good defensive midfielders in De Jong and Van Bommel.

Those teams that cannot control the game, are those africans team and Hondurus and North Korea. They cheong without much purpose.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
spain suck, i hate their country, hate their football, hate their economic, but at least the world cup is finish now, no more vuvuzela.

peace and quiet at last.

Germany for Euro 2012 or Netherlands will do too.