• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forget pay size, this govt's value for money

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apr 9, 2011

Forget pay size, this govt's value for money
IT REALLY does not matter to me what government ministers are paid, but I care what I pay them.

Based on this matrix, the Singapore Government is cheap.

For every dollar earned, a Singaporean tax resident pays roughly 13 per cent in income tax. On every dollar spent, we pay 7 per cent in goods and services tax.

Assuming one spends all one earns, the Government will take 20 per cent of our income.

By the same measure, the United States government swallows 40 per cent via income, state and consumption taxes, for a comparable income bracket.

In Britain, the government rakes in a whopping 56 per cent in income tax and value-added tax (VAT).

While Western governments charge between 40 per cent and 60 per cent of income, they run budget deficits and are unable to pay themselves adequately.

The Singapore Government charges a low rate, runs chronic surpluses and is able to pay themselves well.

So, I do not really care what the ministers are paid. For 20 cents of my dollar, they keep the streets clean, relatively free of crime and provide a basic infrastructure of which New York and London would be envious.

Bryan Goh

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
___________Telling Citizens to accept paycuts and forgo increments....whilst raising their own salaries by 30% and giving 8 months bonus to civil serpents and themselves?

Just 2 words.......LUNG CHEOW. Will use by VOTE to vote accordingly.

I also now tell them to forgo my vote at the ballot box.[/SIZE]
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another Stoopid Sinkie comparing an apple with an orange...

No wonder we need more FTs in Sinkiland..

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moronic, selfish and simplistic mindset that shamefully sets back all the progress mankind has made since time immemorial. Of course, he can easily pull out his dollar and pays the ministers 20 cents of it because he has lots of dollars. But to those poor and unemployed struggling at the bottom of the society 1 dollar is hard to come by and is barely enough to help them survive to see the next day. I just hope this guy will not join politics else we will be in deep trouble.

Last edited:

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
121283363_11n.jpg

You can nominate this one I'll also vote, becos it got some balls, PAP no balls!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This Bryan Goh is symptomatic of the stupid fucked up sinkies running around the country. No wonder the PAP is raping them in the assholes every day. Bryan here can't figure out the many hidden taxes that exist in singapore and not in these western countries he mentions. Some of which are as follows:-

1) The American and British govt. does not force u to park a portion of your salary in their care and pay u 2.5% or less. If you have $100K in your CPF, and every year, you received $2500 in interest only. If you had the same $100K invested to earn 5% (not too difficult to do) you have lost $2500 in interest. Even worse, if the govt. makes 10% and only gives you 2.5%, than you have lost $7500 in interest. This is a tax on your CPF.

2) When u buy a car, expect to pay $50,000 and more in taxes. Can u imagine the US govt, adding $80,000 in taxes to every Honda Civic sold in the US? If they did, they would have no budget deficits whatsoever.

3) The US and British govt. does not own 90% of the land in their respective countries, and hence are not able to force you to buy a lease at highly inflated prices. The govt. easily earns $200K and up on a typical HDB flat. How many years of taxes would an ordinary sinkie have to incur to end up pay $200K?

There are many more examples, but i am guessing this idiot bryan goh is brain dead.

minibond

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a Singaporean voter I am will to pay any capable persons or group 5X more than PAP cabinet just to do this job of removing them for once and for all! :wink::cool::smile:

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right, indirect tax such as GST, COE, ERP, road tax, stamp duty, not to mention mortgage could easily exceed 50% of our income.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
...... But to those poor and unemployed struggling at the bottom of the society 1 dollar is hard to come by and is barely enough to help them survive to see the next day.....

Really? How come the gahment gave "those poor and unemployed" more growth divident and bonuses? Why they bother to "grow and share" with these people costing billions?

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? How come the gahment gave "those poor and unemployed" more growth divident and bonuses? Why they bother to "grow and share" with these people costing billions?

Do you think that amount of "growth and Share" is seriously enough to tide through? I seriously do not think so. Only this group of people left behind will know if the money can stretch for how far. Anyway, let the votes speak for themselves. They are the voices of whether they agree with what the incumbent has performed so far. It's the peoples' choice that matters. It's the peoples' government.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Does he not realise that the term "value for money" is essentially a function of effectiveness and efficiency vs cost?
How is it possible to talk about value and money and at the same time forget pay size?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bryan has a point. Other dictators are getting billions instead of millions. The government is indeed value for money in that regards.