• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forest City

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess they've to make sure that at least it lives up to expectations as this is the pilot project. Thei reputation depends on this

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would be very surprised if Country Garden does not default at some point in the next 5 years. Their CEO who is in the early 30s, is reckless to begin this project. By the way, do you trust a company who falsely advertise the development to be in Singapore?

If even the PRC are aware of the cons, I wonder who else would not have realised the deep shit they dig themselves into. Even S&P has lowered their debt rating to BB from BB+ in Mar this year.

But on a personal note, I am looking at making a loss of close to SGD$500,000 for buying a property in Iskandar... Yes, I am that bleak... I just don't see how I can find tenants and sell the condo given how abundant the supply is going to be...

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would be very surprised if Country Garden does not default at some point in the next 5 years. Their CEO who is in the early 30s, is reckless to begin this project. By the way, do you trust a company who falsely advertise the development to be in Singapore?

If even the PRC are aware of the cons, I wonder who else would not have realised the deep shit they dig themselves into. Even S&P has lowered their debt rating to BB from BB+ in Mar this year.

But on a personal note, I am looking at making a loss of close to SGD$500,000 for buying a property in Iskandar... Yes, I am that bleak... I just don't see how I can find tenants and sell the condo given how abundant the supply is going to be...

Wow....which project did you buy into, if you don't mind sharing?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have already bought the condo at that price? That's a very high price for a condo in Iskandar.

In the worst case, is it possible for you to try to live there yourself?

I'm not sure if it makes sense. Such things are easy to say. But to do it may be another thing. Even for a weekend, 1 hr jam people are already complaining. To do this on a regular basis, it does get very tiring after a while.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have already bought the condo at that price? That's a very high price for a condo in Iskandar.

In the worst case, is it possible for you to try to live there yourself?

I'm not sure if it makes sense. Such things are easy to say. But to do it may be another thing. Even for a weekend, 1 hr jam people are already complaining. To do this on a regular basis, it does get very tiring after a while.

ASSUMING it is me with RM2m to spend on a condo, I would buy one very near to CIQ. I would skip the jams by taking a train across, or maybe even walk across the Causeway. Beat the jam, save time, more certain timing depending on how fast the walking pace, and get to exercise. Over at Singapore side, hop on to parked bike and ride to work. Riding a bike to work in Singapore means cutting time caught in peak hour jams too, especially on BKE and PIE. :biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well I was right again, investing in Johor is really bleak, xixxix seems to be rich enough to take the hit, for me, I only have one life to live and cannot afford such mistakes.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
ASSUMING it is me with RM2m to spend on a condo, I would buy one very near to CIQ. I would skip the jams by taking a train across, or maybe even walk across the Causeway. Beat the jam, save time, more certain timing depending on how fast the walking pace, and get to exercise. Over at Singapore side, hop on to parked bike and ride to work. Riding a bike to work in Singapore means cutting time caught in peak hour jams too, especially on BKE and PIE. :biggrin:
If it is just next to CIQ, no so bad la. No need to be so bleak. This one is surely better than those clustered concrete towers. Different owners, different affluence.