• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreigners need only pass the Basic Theory driving test to ‘convert’ their driving li

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Let us list out the preferential treatment dished out to the Foreigners by the FAP:[/h]
  • [h=2]SGs serve NS while Foreigners donch need to. [/h]
  • [h=2]SGs need to borrow money to go to Uni while free scholarships + living allowance are given to Foreigners.

SGs are denied uni admission on the basis of their language grades while secondary school going Foreigners are allowed to enrol in primary schools and given additional language tuition.
    [/h]
  • [h=2]SGs will be given heavy sentences for minor offences while Foreigners are let off or given ridiculously light sentence
    [/h]
  • [h=2]SGs need to queue while Foreigners are given priority to jobs, education, housing, in eating places, etc.
    [/h]
  • [h=2]SGs are told to embrace Foreigners while Foreigners are funded to keep their 'culture' (aka filthy habits) alive.

SGs are labelled as xenophobic when outraged by Foreigners maiming and killing them while Foreigners are glorified by the FAP and 154th when they maim and kill SGs.
    [/h]
  • [h=2]And now, SGs need to spend a bomb of driving lessons and are expected to take the driving test several times before passing while Foreigners can convert their dubious driving licences with ease.

Granted that Traitors are in power, but why do the 60% see no need to take them down and bring them to justice?
    [/h]
[h=2]

Foreigners need only pass the Basic Theory driving test to ‘convert’ their driving licences into Singapore ones
[/h]Posted by temasektimes on May 19, 2012
While Singaporeans have to fork out over $2,000 dollars to pass two theory driving tests (Basic and Advanced) and a practical driving test, foreigners need only pass the Basic Theory test to automatically ‘convert’ their foreign driving lessons into Singapore ones.
The recent tragic accident at Bugis caused by a PRC driver Ma Chi has raised questions on whether foreigners are adequately trained and equipped to drive on Singapore roads.
In China, the direction of traffic is different from Singapore and their driving tests are not upheld to the same high standards as ours.
According to a Discovery Channel programme, China has one of the highest road fatality rates in the world at 460.5 per 100,000 population. The programme interviewed a 30 year old driving instructor who just conducted a driving test for a 50 year old woman:
“She cannot drive, veering left and right and nervous etc, but I have to pass her out of respect for older people! She is also VERY RICH,” he smiled when asked why he passed her.
Statistics from the Traffic Police reveal that only 1 percent of foreigners in Singapore takes up Singapore’s driving lessons mostly because they are required to do so by their companies.
When interviewed by Channel 8, one PRC man in his 20s Mr Huang opposed the idea of introducing mandatory driving lessons and tests for foreigners:
“It will be very troublesome for us. We come here to work and are required to drive on the roads immediately,” he said.
A Caucasian Richard Baldric tried to learn driving in China and created an ‘instructional video’ on how to pass a practical driving test there.
In a space of 7 minutes you see crazy drivers on the wrong side of the road and others just pull out without looking.
<IFRAME class=youtube-player height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vPxinqO3f8o?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent" frameBorder=0 width=640 type="text/html"></IFRAME>​
It is crazy! Pedestrians nearly getting run over, cyclists nearly getting hit, people driving on wrong side of road, pulling out into traffic without looking or slowing down!
His conclusion:
“Driving in China is totally insane.”
<IFRAME class=youtube-player height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D36eisnZ3A4?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent" frameBorder=0 width=640 type="text/html"></IFRAME>​

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Foreigners need only pass the Basic Theory driving test to ‘convert’ their drivin

tessa.jpg

"It's bad, careless driving and irresponsible behavior that causes fatal accidents, not nationality."

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Foreigners need only pass the Basic Theory driving test to ‘convert’ their drivin

In Western Australia, a Singapore License only needs to take the Computer Based Theory Test to convert.

Of the entire Asia, only converting SINGAPOREAN and JAPANESE drivers license have the least hassle. All other countries need to retake the driving test. Bangla and India licenses used to need only consulate letters, but even now, most cases are turned down.

If it is true then that mothercheebye bastard tiongs only have to take basic theory to convert, then very soon, the reputation of a Singapore license will turn worthless, and will soon be as dubious as a China license!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Western Australia, a Singapore License only needs to take the Computer Based Theory Test to convert.

Of the entire Asia, only converting SINGAPOREAN and JAPANESE drivers license have the least hassle. All other countries need to retake the driving test. Bangla and India licenses used to need only consulate letters, but even now, most cases are turned down.

If it is true then that mothercheebye bastard tiongs only have to take basic theory to convert, then very soon, the reputation of a Singapore license will turn worthless, and will soon be as dubious as a China license!

Exactly the same theory when it comes to English language in examinations and the floodgate open to non English speaking PRC.

FUCK PAP! FUCK THE 60.1%! FUCK THEIR MOTHERS PHUA CHEE BYE!:oIo:

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lots of unfair treatment in singapore :(

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thats why we have so many ah nehs driver mah, all they need to do is pass the basic theory...

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's hope the next victim is a MIW. The price for treason is death.

bluewolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tightening of Rules for Driving License Conversion ?

In light of the recent traffic accident, we should petition the government to tighten rules on driving license conversion.

According to the traffic police web site, apparently, ANY driving license can be converted to a Singapore one as long as you pass the basic theory test. This is ridiculous as driving licenses from some country are notoriously easy to get (e.g. China, India). Most developed countries only allow driving licenses from certain countries to be converted, while others will have to take ALL tests to gain a full driving license.

I personally don't see the reason why foreigners should be allowed to easily convert their driving licenses regardless of where they got their licenses from. It most certainly increases the number of traffic accidents, if those kopi licenses are allowed to be converted. Also, if they implement stricter controls, they will have gained an additional way of making money, from all the test fees. Now, its just a free for all. Today, its a cabby and his passenger, tomorrow, it could be your loved ones.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Tightening of Rules for Driving License Conversion ?

We got to go thru all lessons in local driving school and some need few times to pass the tp. The money and time spend its a lot :( Ft just one chee by test? What a joke:(

IamHandsome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We got to go thru all lessons in local driving school and some need few times to pass the tp. The money and time spend its a lot :( Ft just one chee by test? What a joke:(

Ah Bo, is like that one bro, here we call them Trash, "the others" will call them talent.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Times up for the Papaya gahmen and its stupid policies!!

Sickapoorean should wake up by now, hope they are not sleeping!!

Kick them OUT!! every thing they created have failed miserably, Stop at 2 boy or girl!( to control human population) used your hand campaign (how stupid can it be?) PARF & ARF? failed miserably than create COE to control car population failed, ERP to control traffic flow failed! out source f*&^%king warden, 60% sick peasants better wake up b4 being screwed deeper!

Now that Ferrari has killed ppl, Stupid ppl say must banned fast car, tomorrow a Kancil knock down pedestrian this car also BANNED!
Ah Pek cycle knock down another person, Ah Pek bicycle also BANNED!! what stupid polices is this??? Pay million and get monkeys! I rather
gave them peanuts...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Australia varies from state to state but they basically have a list of countries which includes Sinkieland and allow for converting from sinkie licence without driving test.
Sinkieland used to have a list of countries as well now maybe too much work for our TPs so dun practice that anymore.
I think sinkie licence is accepted in lieu of an international driving permit in quite a few countries, Thailand is one.
But like our passports, now the easy conversion of our driving licence by foreigners might cheapen its value soon.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tiong bus driver mows down old woman in Sengkang.
Tiong Ferrari ah sia kia/erdaifu bangs into taxi and motorbike in Bugis.

How much more must we put put with such nonsense?

No foreigner is allowed to convert his/her driver's license by taking a theory test.

Especially those from China.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Australia varies from state to state but they basically have a list of countries which includes Sinkieland and allow for converting from sinkie licence without driving test.
Sinkieland used to have a list of countries as well now maybe too much work for our TPs so dun practice that anymore.
I think sinkie licence is accepted in lieu of an international driving permit in quite a few countries, Thailand is one.
But like our passports, now the easy conversion of our driving licence by foreigners might cheapen its value soon.
Hehehe. NW, Sinkee license only valid if staying in LOS for less than 3 months. More than 3 months need IDP or LOS driving license. If nothing happen, then it's good. If something happen, can be very troublesome with the insurance companies. The same rule also applies to Malaysia and LAOS driving license.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hehehe. NW, Sinkee license only valid if staying in LOS for less than 3 months. More than 3 months need IDP or LOS driving license. If nothing happen, then it's good. If something happen, can be very troublesome with the insurance companies. The same rule also applies to Malaysia and LAOS driving license.
noted. expat advice for tourist :biggrin:

i cannot complain as i got my sinkie licence without taking the driving test as well. but that got disqualified later and at the age of 40plus i had to take the driving test for the first time in my life to get back my licence....

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

noted. expat advice for tourist :biggrin:

i cannot complain as i got my sinkie licence without taking the driving test as well. but that got disqualified later and at the age of 40plus i had to take the driving test for the first time in my life to get back my licence....
Hehehe, Guess what? I am thinking of converting my LOS motorbike license to Sinkee class 2b. if can get 2a even better. Think will try on my next trip to SG. Will post FR. :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sinkie drivers are no better than ah tiong drivers. both groups need new and tougher driving lessons, especially cab drivers.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sinkie drivers are no better than ah tiong drivers. both groups need new and tougher driving lessons, especially cab drivers.
Both groups are bad drivers but in different ways...
Ah tiongs are reckless while sinkies are slow and kiasi.
sinkie cabbies is a different kettle of fish, some do share reckless traits with ah tiongs