• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreign Workers making themselves heard

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the FTs are to be accorded the same status and privileges of a local worker at a cost...then might as well employ locals and cut the social issues.

Exactly!!! Hire locals, at least the money stays in the country.

1 million foreign workers repatriating $5000 a year each, is 5 billions dollars lost each year.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkie poodles' finest moment.

1585497003500.png

lee hsien loong | edmw animated gif

Emoji Laugh GIF - Emoji Laugh Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

Laughing Emoji GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its only one month saving hiring citizens.
So definitely bosses will not switch over to hiring locals
bro, do you believe sinkies will want to work at the construction sites, stay under the sun for 8 hrs a day?, ... or work as sweepers in our hdb estates .. :geek:

unclemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think some dorms the condition not as jialat as those highlighted. I guess is dependent on their own employer to ensure good living conditions...

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, do you believe sinkies will want to work at the construction sites, stay under the sun for 8 hrs a day?, ... or work as sweepers in our hdb estates .. :geek:
Is the income is attractive why not?
Everything have a starting point.
The mindset must change.
Government or employer must make the first step

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tommy Koh: The way Singapore treats its foreign workers is not First World but Third World

Singapore—Retired diplomat Tommy Koh, who made some irate last year with the comment that ‘Singapore is a first world nation with third world citizens,’ has used the same words to describe how Singapore treats the country’s migrant workers.

On his Facebook page on Monday morning (April 6), he wrote,
“The way Singapore treats its foreign workers is not First World but Third World. The government has allowed their employers to transport them in flat bed trucks with no seats. They stay in overcrowded dormitories and are packed likes sardines with 12 persons to a room. The dormitories are not clean or sanitary. The dormitories were like a time bomb waiting to explode. They have now exploded with many infected workers. Singapore should treat this as a wake up call to treat our indispensable foreign workers like a First World country should and not in the disgraceful way in which they are treated now. I feel angry when I see foreign workers sitting on the ground eating their lunch. I see exhausted foreign workers stretched out on the ground to rest.”

hope Prof Tommy Koh will do more

for all Foreign Workers in Singapore especially during this CB Period.

20200407_131102.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly!!! Hire locals, at least the money stays in the country.

1 million foreign workers repatriating $5000 a year each, is 5 billions dollars lost each year.

Unless of course, you make deals with those foreign countries in exchange for their nationals to work here. Deals that the public doesn't know anything about. :wink:

horny

Alfrescian
Loyal
I worry that they will rape the female mata at their dorm due to 2 weeks quarantine.to them 2 weeks no sex is very long