• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Food delivery and food deliverymen

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Foodpanda Customer Allegedly Gets Only White Rice After Frogs Are Sold Out, Demands Refund​

By Jonathan Yee
5 Aug 2021

Foodpanda Customer Struggles To Get Refund After Side Dish Becomes Unavailable​

With dine-ins suspended during P2HA, food deliveries have become an easy option, though maybe not so much for a Foodpanda customer who had problems with her order. Her attempt to cancel and get a refund was met with what appeared to be philosophy instead — that “we all have bad days”.
foodpanda-frog-1.jpg
Source
In the end, the lady may have received a delivery for an order of white rice, sans frog.
We summarise the story below.

Customer tries to get refund & cancel order on foodpanda​

The viral post was shared by OverShare SG on 4 Aug.
Screenshots show that the restaurant had insufficient frogs to fulfill the customer’s order.
foodpanda-frog-2.jpg
Source

However, the restaurant allegedly said that it won’t perform a refund.
foodpanda-frog-4.jpg

Source
Apparently, foodpanda will only do a refund if the delivery is completed. However, for the delivery to be completed, they’ll have to send over the remaining items which are available.
This turned out, per the 1st screenshot, to be rice.
Yes, rice without a main dish to go along with.

Customer service says we all have bad days​

As the protocol was explained to the customer, she appeared to get increasingly frustrated over what seemed to be a lack of flexibility.
After all, it seems illogical to deliver a single packet of plain rice.
foodpanda-frog-8.jpg
Source

But the order needs to be fulfilled before a refund can be made, apparently.
foodpanda-frog-9.jpg
Source
It’s unclear if the lady did receive the delivery in the end, but the customer service officer did leave her with the line “we all have bad days”.
foodpanda-frog-12.jpg
Source
’twas a bad day indeed.

Netizen points out option to cancel order​

While the experience was definitely one that the customer would prefer to forget, netizens seemed amused by the “we all have bad days” line.
Someone pointed out that there’s an option to cancel the order prior to making it.

Screenshot_79-1.png
Source
However, it’s rare that we’d enable it by default. It’s a useful option for group orders though.

Hopefully solution can be reached for customer​

We’ve reached out to foodpanda for a statement and will update the article when they respond.
While we do have bad days, it does appear odd that the order sans the main dish has to be completed before there can be a refund.
Hopefully there’s an amicable solution to such issues and that the customer can have an easier time.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Food deliveryman jailed for assaulting security guard over motorcycle parking​

Food deliveryman jailed for assaulting security guard over motorcycle parking

File photo of the State Courts in Singapore. (Photo: Calvin Oh)

Lydia Lam

@LydiaLamCNA
27 May 2021

• SINGAPORE: A food deliveryman who was dropping orders off at a condominium assaulted a security guard who told him he had not parked his motorcycle properly.
  • Muhammad Nerrohman Abu Bakar, 27, was jailed for a week on Thursday (May 27) after pleading guilty to one count of voluntarily causing hurt.

The court heard that Nerrohman received two food delivery orders on the night of Dec 13 last year that were to be sent to The Waterina condo in Geylang.
He collected the two orders and rode a rental motorcycle to the condo. When he arrived there, he was told to park his vehicle at basement 2 of the car park according to the condominium's management rules.
However, as he was in a rush and had spent some time trying to locate the delivery block, he wound up parking along a lift lobby entrance at basement 1 instead.
The victim, a 44-year-old security officer at the condo, saw from the closed-circuit television footage that Nerrohman had parked his motorcycle improperly.
He went to the basement intending to tell Nerrohman to park his vehicle properly, but Nerrohman had headed up with his deliveries by then.

The security guard waited for Nerrohman to return. He then told Nerrohman that he had not parked his motorcycle properly.
Nerrohman was unhappy and the pair began quarrelling. They were at a distance from each other when Nerrohman walked towards the victim and began punching his body and head and kicking him.
The victim did not retaliate physically and tried to fend off the assault, which lasted about seven seconds and was caught on CCTV.
Nerrohman left the condo after this and the victim called the police. He sought medical attention the next day and was noted to have suffered neck strain and bruises to his wrist and thigh.
Deputy Public Prosecutor Melina Chew asked for a short jail term, leaving the exact duration to the court. She said the attack was entirely unprovoked when the victim was merely performing his duties.

Nerrohman's reaction was "wholly disproportionate and uncalled for", she said.
Nerrohman, who was unrepresented, claimed the security guard had pointed at the CCTV camera and told Nerrohman to "come and beat me".
He said that the guard had shouted at him and talked "very rudely" and started the argument.
The prosecutor said the verbal provocation as stated by Nerrohman was not borne out by investigations, but accepted there was a dispute.
The judge told Nerrohman that he was trying to justify his actions when there is "no justification at all".

For voluntarily causing hurt, he could have been jailed up to two years, fined up to S$5,000, or both.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Food deliveryman jailed for riding e-scooter at high speed into woman on footpath, causing fractures​

Food deliveryman jailed for riding e-scooter at high speed into woman on footpath, causing fractures

Screengrab from Google Street View of Kangkar LRT Station.

Lydia Lam

@LydiaLamCNA
05 Jul 2021

• SINGAPORE: A Grab delivery rider was jailed seven weeks and fined S$500 on Monday (Jul 5) after he rode his electric scooter along a path in Sengkang last year and collided with a woman, injuring her.
  • The victim, who is a hairstylist, fractured her pelvis and elbow, and said she felt "handicapped" at work as she was not able to carry out routine jobs nor stand for too long.
Samuel Lim Yong Choon, 38, pleaded guilty to a charge each of causing grievous hurt by a rash act endangering personal safety and riding a motorised personal mobility device (PMD) on a footpath.
A third charge was considered in sentencing.
The court heard that Lim was riding the e-scooter on a footpath along Rivervale Drive at about 1.50pm on Apr 29 last year.
The victim, 35, walked down the staircase from Kangkar LRT station and stepped onto the path along Rivervale Drive.
She saw Lim riding his motorised PMD at a very fast speed. He failed to keep a proper lookout and did not reduce his speed, even though he was on a footpath for pedestrians.
As he neared the victim, he tried to brake but flew forward instead, colliding with the woman. The woman fell to the ground and began crying, court documents stated.
A crowd gathered around the victim and the accused. The victim asked Lim for his NRIC, but he refused to give it to her.
He tried to leave at about 2pm on his device, but was stopped by the victim and a member of the public. He eventually showed the victim his NRIC.
Later, Lim admitted that he did not give her his particulars as he was afraid of losing his job as a Grab delivery rider.
Helped by a member of the public, Lim assisted the victim to a nearby clinic and paid her S$50 bill. The victim was taken to hospital and diagnosed with fractures of her elbow and pelvis.
She was given 93 days of outpatient and hospitalisation leave, and incurred S$937.67 in bills, which Lim repaid.
In a statement given in January this year, the victim said developed a fear of walking along pavements as there were still many bicycles and e-scooters around.
She said she had to undergo six sessions of physiotherapy and felt "handicapped at work" as she could not carry out routine jobs such as drying or cutting hair and mixing hair dye.
She also said the stiffness in her pelvic area made her unable to stand for too long, which was required in her work, and that she was told she would only be able to run and exercise in a year's time.
The prosecutor asked for seven weeks' jail and a fine, noting that the accused had tried to flee. However, she acknowledged that Lim had pleaded guilty and made full restitution.
For causing grievous hurt by a rash act, Lim could have been jailed up to four years, fined up to S$10,000 or both.
For riding a motorised PMD on a footpath, he could have been jailed up to three months, fined up to S$2,000 or both.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even where condos, and that is most of them, have provided parking lots for delivery motorcycles, the deliverymen do not use them. The deliverymen do not want to go through the hassle of signing in, checking in using SafeEntry, entering the car park and parking the motorcycle.
They prefer to park along the road, along the pedestrian pavement, along the driveway of the condo, or anywhere in the condo.
When the security guard or residents tell the deliverymen that they are not allowed to park along the driveway, the deliverymen often feign ignorance and said it is their first visit to the condo.

Condos Should Provide Parking Lots For Delivery Riders, We Want To Work Responsibly Too​

Delivery riders deserve respect too.
By The Must Share News Team

21 Aug 2021, 11:27 am

MustShareMail: Management & Security At Condos Should Be Kinder To Delivery Riders​

Being a food delivery rider is a physically and emotionally taxing job, which I think many would know by now. Besides challenging customers, we also have to deal with obstacles like unconducive working environments.
What I mean is the lack of parking lots at condos, where many stories of riders getting into disagreements with management have surfaced.
The problem is, I’ve been to many condos where the management doesn’t allow riders to bring our vehicles in.
Without any parking lots outside, we only have 2 choices — the footpath or the side of the road. Both aren’t ideal as not only can riders get fined, we might obstruct the path for others like parents with young children in strollers and people in wheelchairs.

delivery-riders-parking.jpg
Image for illustration purposes only

We can’t get customers to collect the food at the guardhouse either since they paid for it to be delivered to their doorstep.
And when we do follow instructions to park our vehicles outside, we end up getting into trouble with the customers.
Despite arriving on time, the order reaches them late because we have to:
  • Walk in
  • Check in using SafeEntry
  • Sometimes fill up a form
  • Walk up to the lift lobby
  • Wait for the intercom if someone else is using it
It’s frustrating that we as riders have to put up with all these inconveniences simply because of poor management.

If condos have the capacity, I’d suggest that they allocate parking lots for riders to leave our vehicles at while we quickly drop off orders.
Otherwise, letting us wait at a corner of the drop-off point could work too, while we request for customers to collect their orders from us. That way, we can still move our vehicles if we happen to be in anyone else’s path.
These aren’t huge requests from us. We just want to be able to fulfil our jobs responsibly as delivery riders and law-abiding road users.
Before this, everyone hailed us as ‘delivery heroes’. Why can’t you treat us with kindness now too?

Alan Choo

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Foodpanda rider refuses to deliver food to customer's unit, duo proceed to hurl insults at each other via text​

Farah Daley
Posted on 22 September 2021

A Foodpanda customer and delivery rider hurled insults at each other via text over a disagreement on Sep 16.
A Stomper shared with Stomp her unpleasant experience after ordering a meal from Alt. Pizza using the app.
"I ordered from Foodpanda and encountered a rude rider," she said.
"The rider asked me to go down to collect the food myself.
"I disagreed because she was supposed to be the one to deliver the food to my unit.
"She called me and after I refused to go down, she hung up on me and started texting me."
In the text exchange, the rider used a Tagalog swear word and said there was 'no parking'.
text-1.jpg

The Stomper replied in frustration that there was parking behind the building and said, "I will make sure you will lose your job".
"You cannot do your job properly."
The rider retaliated and said the customer is "not even local", intending it as an insult.
Despite the Stomper saying she would report this to Foodpanda, the rider insisted she come down to collect the food herself.
"I complained to Foodpanda as well but I’m not satisfied by their action, as they didn’t give me any clarification for what course of action or penalty they should do with the rider," said the Stomper
"I don’t want anybody else to experience what I have experienced.
"She was so rude.
"She is not suitable for her job."

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sigh. Everyone so nasty rude angry quick to insult threaten bash.

I also encounter this quite frequently.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh. Everyone so nasty rude angry quick to insult threaten bash.

I also encounter this quite frequently.
This is due to poor property management.
They should assist their tenants and owners in getting food as quickly as possible. Thst means setting aside 5 motorcycle parking for deliveroos near condo main entrance where lifts are located.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the company should have a training on common sense and customer service skills. I too suffer from this when it comes to jacking up the cost price because my boss needs to pay my salary.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your picture: Reduce the Covid-19 transmission risk posed by groups of smokers​

27yourpic.jpg

PHOTO: LIM TECK KOON

SEP 27, 2021

I have recently seen groups of food delivery workers gathering at a non-smoking area at Bukit Panjang Plaza for long smoke breaks and chats, ignoring the "No Smoking" sign prominently displayed on the pillar next to them.
There is a TraceTogether token vending machine just in front of that spot, where people often queue.
That non-smoking area seems to have become the regular smoking area for food delivery workers.
First, the National Environment Agency should fine the errant smokers and the building management for not enforcing smoking prohibition rules at its premises.
Second, a more serious issue is how the smoking behaviour of many food delivery workers may be aiding the transmission of the coronavirus.
These workers often gather in groups to wait for their delivery orders. In the meantime, they smoke close to one another, with their masks off.

Not only do they risk infecting one another, but they could also infect food and beverage staff when they collect their orders, as well as the many customers who might come into contact with them at the eatery.
Smokers seem to have become a "protected class" during this pandemic. As long as they smoke, which they do many times a day, they can remove their masks with impunity.
Singapore has recorded more than 1,000 new cases every day for almost a week, and its healthcare capacity is under serious threat.
Moral suasion and advisories do not seem to have made an impact on getting people to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission by not smoking in groups.
More needs to be done to curb this frequent non-mask-wearing risky behaviour during the pandemic.

Lim Teck Koon

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Food delivery apps under fire as US restaurateurs accuse them of eating into profits​

Food delivery platforms are increasingly finding themselves under fire, with politicians seeking to regulate the industry.

Food delivery platforms are increasingly finding themselves under fire, with politicians seeking to regulate the industry.

PHOTO: AFP

Oct 10, 2021

NEW YORK (AFP) - Meal delivery services became essential during the Covid-19 pandemic, when millions of Americans were under lockdown and restaurants were shut to visitors.
But these days, the platforms are increasingly finding themselves under fire, with politicians seeking to regulate the industry and restaurateurs accusing the likes of DoorDash, Grubhub and Uber Eats of freeloading.
And they are looking for ways to do without them.
In just the first nine months of this year, DoorDash has likely filled over one billion orders, most of them in the US, where the company is the market leader.
But Mr Mathieu Palombino, founder of the New York-based pizza chain Motorino, calls the boost provided by delivery apps a "big illusion" because more orders don't bring bigger profits to restaurants.
"When you receive 30 or 40 orders a day, you are happy. But the problem is that it does not translate into profits," Mr Palombino told AFP.

Food delivery services can charge restaurants fees of up to 30 per cent of the bill for a meal, according to their websites.
To address that problem, in August, the New York city council passed a law, capping third-party delivery fees at 15 per cent.
"Small businesses should not be pressured into accepting these fees in order to remain viable and competitive," said New York City councilman Francisco Moya, who initiated the Bill.
A similar law was passed in San Francisco in June.

Food delivery giants have challenged the laws in courts, and some analysts think they have a point.
"We believe DoorDash will have a strong legal case against the permanent fee caps," Bank of America said in a research note last month.
DoorDash, Grubhub and Uber Eats argue that the cap is unconstitutional and that restaurants are free to negotiate their commissions with delivery platforms.
The delivery giants also say they have made huge investments during the pandemic that led millions of customers who had never ordered meals online to get started.
And DoorDash says that restaurants that used its platform during the pandemic had a survival rate that is eight times higher than the industry average.
The company also says that even before the laws were passed, it already offered a 15 per cent fee formula.

mi_doordash_101021.jpg
DoorDash says that restaurants that used its platform during the pandemic had a survival rate that is eight times higher than the industry average. PHOTO: AFP

But Mr Palombino, the pizza chain founder, is unconvinced.
"The problem is that they have become so established that there no longer is a way back," he said.
"If you're not on Seamless (one of the most popular delivery services in New York), you no longer exist."
As for the 15 per cent commission, Mr Palombino said that a successful restaurant can "only hope" for a profit margin of 15 or 20 per cent.
"So at the end of the day, they take it all."

'The only real solution'​

In court, the food delivery platforms have argued that the cap will trigger higher fees for consumers, who have been relatively spared for now.
Mr Collin Wallace, the managing director of the marketing firm ZeroStorefront and former head of innovation at Grubhub, says that so far it's the restaurants who have had to bend.
"The only way to get this resolved is going to be by the technology platforms, using the same engineering and innovation they used to get their companies to this point," Mr Wallace said.
Some businesses are already trying to get around the all-powerful delivery apps by creating their own platforms.
One such start-up, ChowNow, helps restaurants launch their own order-taking applications so as not to have to pay any commissions at all.
Another company, LoCo, creates delivery cooperatives owned by restaurants, where they get to choose their own commissions, often half of what delivery giants charge, said LoCo founder Jon Sewell.

Mr Sewell, himself an owner of a restaurant in Iowa, added that this arrangement also allows restaurants to keep their clients' data to themselves.
LoCo has launched franchises in Virginia, Nevada and Nebraska, and is looking to expand further.
But Mr Sewell admits that the concept is not easy to sell.
"It's difficult to get the people convinced that they need to start to work as a collective."
But, he added, "to me, that's the only real solution".

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

E-bike hits woman, 37, along Hougang Ave 9, police impounds device​

The pedestrian was conveyed to hospital.
Belmont Lay
November 16, 2021

hougang-ave-9-ebike-accident-pedestrian.jpg

A 37-year-old woman was sent to the hospital after she was hit by an electric bicycle along Hougang Avenue 9 on Nov. 13 morning.

The e-bike rider was suspected of speeding on the road, and had allegedly ran a red light, 8 World reported an eyewitness at the scene.
The eyewitness told 8World: "I saw an electric bicycle rider hit a passer-by. At that time, the pedestrian traffic light was green, and the pedestrian had the right of way."

Food delivery rider involved​

At least three people were seen in a photo, taken in the aftermath of the incident, assisting the fallen passer-by.
One of those who rendered help was a person believed to have been a food delivery rider on the e-bike.
A woman was seen seated on the ground with her left hand supporting the back of her head, seemingly injured.
A video uploaded online showed the police at the scene, and had apparently impounded the e-bike by taking it along with them in a van.

The Singapore police said they received a report at 11:04am on Saturday morning involving a case of negligent act causing hurt along Hougang Avenue 9.
The woman was conveyed conscious to Sengkang General Hospital.
Police investigations are ongoing.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is due to poor property management.
They should assist their tenants and owners in getting food as quickly as possible. Thst means setting aside 5 motorcycle parking for deliveroos near condo main entrance where lifts are located.

U think mgmt so generous. Most of them dont even have a room for Security jaga to rest!

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Delivery rider headbutted boy multiple times following tiff​

yq-limkokc-11012022.jpg

Lim Kok Chong repeatedly headbutted the boy's left cheek. ST PHOTO: KELVIN CHNG
shaffiq_alkhatib.png

Shaffiq Alkhatib
Court Correspondent

Jan 11, 2022

SINGAPORE - Upset with a 15-year-old boy following an encounter on a pedestrian footpath, a man tailed the minor before flashing the teenager an obscene hand gesture.
A dispute ensued, following which delivery rider Lim Kok Chong repeatedly headbutted the boy's left cheek.
The 51-year-old Singaporean pleaded guilty on Tuesday (Jan 11) to assaulting the teenager, who cannot be named as he is below the age of 18.
Lim was riding his power-assisted bicycle on a pedestrian footpath in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 at around 11.30pm on Aug 21, 2020, when he had to jam on his brakes to avoid colliding with the victim and his friends, who were standing on the pathway.
He told them to move and the group complied.
Lim, who was fulfilling a food order, stopped his bicycle a few metres from the group.
The boy's friends then made their way to a nearby coffee shop.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Shenna Tjoa said: "The victim continued walking along the footpath. The accused was upset and followed the victim.
"When the victim turned his head around to look at the accused, the accused (flashed him an obscene gesture). A verbal dispute ensued."
At around 11.40pm, Lim approached the boy and headbutted his left cheek once.

Lim did not reply when the teenager asked him why he reacted in such a manner.
Instead, the delivery rider continued to headbutt the minor's left cheek about three more times.
Court documents did not state who alerted the police, but officers arrived at the scene soon after.
Paramedics, who also turned up, noticed some swelling on the boy's left cheek.
He was given a cold compress before he was released to his father's care.
The boy did not go to a hospital to seek medical treatment, the court heard.

On Tuesday, DPP Tjoa asked for the court to sentence Lim to a high fine.
She said that the harm caused was low and the offence was not premeditated.
The prosecutor, however, said that Lim had struck an vulnerable part of the boy's body - his face. Lim will be sentenced on Jan 25.
For assault, an offender can be jailed for up to two years and fined up to $5,000.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Man jailed for driving car into fellow food deliveryman who tried to take photo of his vehicle​

Man jailed for driving car into fellow food deliveryman who tried to take photo of his vehicle

Kong Tong Ngok seen outside the State Courts on Jan 27, 2022. (Photo: TODAY/Lim Li Ting)

Lydia Lam

@LydiaLamCNA
27 Jan 2022

SINGAPORE: When the driver of a car parked by the side of the road ignored his request to move forward, a motorcyclist took out his phone to take a photo of the vehicle.
Fearing that he would receive a traffic summons, the driver moved his vehicle forward, colliding with the motorcyclist and causing him to fall and fracture his wrist.
Kong Tong Ngok, 64, was sentenced to four weeks' jail and banned from driving for 18 months on Thursday (Jan 27) for his actions.
He pleaded guilty to one count of causing grievous hurt to the motorcyclist by a rash act endangering human life.
The court heard that Kong was working as a food deliveryman at the time of the incident on Jun 9, 2020.
He was waiting in his car for a food order along Kadayanallur Street in Tanjong Pagar when the victim came along on his motorcycle.
The victim, a 58-year-old delivery rider, noticed at about 11.55am that the road ahead was jammed with traffic. He realised that the congestion was due to several cars parked by the side of the road.
The opposite lane was clear, except for Kong's car. The victim alighted from his motorcycle and approached Kong, intending to ask him to move forward and not block the road.
Kong did not wind down his window to speak to the victim. The victim signalled to Kong to move on, but Kong continued to ignore him.
The victim walked to the front of Kong's car and took out his phone to take a photo of the vehicle. Before he could do so, Kong drove his car forward towards him, the prosecutor said.
The victim extended his hand towards the bonnet to protect himself, but Kong continued to drive forward, colliding with him.
The victim fell backwards on the ground, landing on his right wrist. A security guard on duty at a nearby building witnessed the collision and called for an ambulance and the police.
The victim went to hospital and was determined to have a fractured wrist and tenderness over his shoulder. He had to wear a splint and was given 14 days of hospitalisation leave.
The prosecutor sought three to four weeks' jail for Kong and 18 months' disqualification from all classes of driving. He said Kong was fully aware that the victim was in front of his car, and that there was a real risk of collision if he drove forward.
Even after the victim extended his hand towards the car bonnet, Kong did not immediately engage his brakes, said the prosecutor.
Kong's lawyer Tang Gee Ni asked for one to two weeks' jail instead, saying his client was remorseful and was in extremely poor health.
He said Kong did not drive off when the victim asked him to as he thought the food would be ready for collection at any moment.
When the victim was about to take a photo of Kong's car, Kong assumed the picture would be forwarded to the traffic police for an enforcement summons, so he decided to drive off as he feared getting a summons, said Mr Tang.
He could not afford paying a fine, and thought the victim would step away from the vehicle in time, but his judgment was "erroneous", said the lawyer.
Mr Tang said his client bore responsibility for the incident, readily admitting to the police that he was guilty and saying he wanted to apologise to the victim.
Kong's wife recently divorced him, and his health condition has taken a turn for the worse, said Mr Tang. Kong suffers from epileptic seizures and frequent fainting, such that he can no longer work.
The judge told Kong that it was very fortunate that the victim did not sustain more serious injuries.
"There was absolutely no excuse for you to drive the car forward when he was clearly in the path of your motor car," she said.
For causing grievous hurt by a rash act endangering human life, Kong could have been jailed up to four years, fined up to S$10,000, or both.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Employment prospects for Sinkies will improve. Sinkies will have more choices of food delivery companies to work for.
Top jobs for foreign talent, food delivery jobs for Sinkies. Majulah!

Airasia launches delivery service in Singapore​

AK_aa_160222.jpg

Airasia xpress delivery services will be run by Teleport, the logistics venture of Capital A, which also owns budget airline AirAsia. PHOTO: REUTERS
adelinetan.png

Adeline Tan

Feb 16, 2022

SINGAPORE- Digital platform airasia launched its delivery service in Singapore on Wednesday (Feb 16), offering low-cost, on-demand deliveries within Singapore to users here.
This adds one more service to the airasia Super App, a mobile application which already allows users to book flights and hotels, and order food delivery, airasia told The Straits Times.
Mr Lim Ben-Jie, head of delivery for airasia Super App, said, small businesses and social entrepreneurs can benefit from the new service to grow their business and save costs.
Mr Lim said: "We also believe, as we move forward with post-pandemic recovery, those who have been dependent on on-demand delivery services will also appreciate airasia xpress' efficient and great value service."
The delivery service, airasia xpress, joins the crowded logistics market here, which is already dominated by larger last-mile delivery providers such as Ninja Van and Lalamove.
Airasia xpress delivery services will be run by Teleport, the logistics venture of Capital A. Formerly known as AirAsia Group, Capital A also owns budget airline AirAsia and launched the airasia Super App, which has about 51 million users, in October 2020.
According to management consultancy firm McKinsey & Company, the Asia-Pacific e-commerce logistics market is expected to grow by about $165 billion from 2020 to 2025.

Customers of airasia xpress can get their parcels and documents delivered in less than one hour via its instant delivery service which uses motorcycles and cars. Deliveries within four to six hours will be available in the near future.
To use the service, consumers can click on the Xpress icon on the mobile app, fill in the delivery pickup point and drop-off point details, select payment method and confirm the booking.
Apart from Singapore, airasia xpress also operates in seven cities in Malaysia, including Johor Baru, Penang and Ipoh. It is also available in Bangkok, Thailand.
On Wednesday, airasia also launched a partnership with the Singapore Tourism Board to promote travel to Singapore.
As part of this partnership, travellers from the region can access a wide range of attractive travel deals to Singapore on the airasia Super App.
Both parties will also work together to pilot digital solutions to improve visitor experience in Singapore, as well as exchange knowledge and insights that will deepen understanding of travellers from South-east Asian markets.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

E-bike rider fined S$4,000 for headbutting boy, 15, along footpath in Ang Mo Kio​

E-bike rider fined S$4,000 for headbutting boy, 15, along footpath in Ang Mo Kio

TODAY file photoLim Kok Chong, who worked as a food-delivery rider at Grab, had pleaded guilty to one charge of voluntarily causing hurt to the victim.

BY

LOUISA TANG

Published February 17, 2022

SINGAPORE — A 52-year-old man was on Thursday (Feb 17) fined S$4,000 in court for headbutting a 15-year-old boy several times in Ang Mo Kio.
Lim Kok Chong, who worked as a food-delivery rider with technology company Grab, pleaded guilty last month to one charge of voluntarily causing hurt to the victim.
The boy cannot be named because he is a minor protected under the Children and Young Persons Act.
The court earlier heard that the boy had been with his friends on a pedestrian footpath along a block of flats at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 on Aug 21, 2020.
While on the way to collect a food order, Lim rode his electric bicycle along the footpath towards the group around 11.30pm.

As he neared them, he braked to avoid an accident and told them in Hokkien to move.
The group moved aside and Lim continued cycling before stopping a few metres away. The boy’s friends walked towards a coffee shop, while the boy continued heading down the footpath.
Upset with what had happened, Lim followed the boy and pointed his middle finger at him when the boy turned his head.
They argued before Lim headbutted the boy’s cheek once.
When the boy asked Lim why he did that, Lim did not reply and instead headbutted the boy several more times.
Police officers later arrived at the scene and observed that the boy's cheek was slightly red. Paramedics were called in to attend to him.

On examination, he was noted to have sustained some swelling and redness where Lim had attacked him. He was given a cold compress to ice his cheek and released into his father’s care.
Deputy Public Prosecutor Shenna Tjoa sought a high fine, with the exact amount left to the court.
She argued that the fact that Lim hit a vulnerable part of the boy’s body and assaulted a teenager unfairly was aggravating, but the assault was not premeditated and lasted a short time.
The prosecutor also noted that he was last dealt with in June 2020 — about two months before this incident — for disorderly behaviour and using abusive words against a public servant.
Before that, his last violence-related case was in 2010. He was also convicted of robbery and fighting in public prior to that.
For voluntarily causing hurt, Lim could have been jailed for up to three years or fined up to S$5,000, or punished with both.

Bacccarat

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is an option to
"Cancel all orders if one is not available".

I always get my refund within 48hrs.

So far, no issues with Panda.

[bcos i eat shoots and
Leaves?].

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Newly-wed with pregnant wife dies in accident in Gambas Avenue while delivering food​

mi_jasontan_110422_0.jpg

Mr Jason Tan was pronounced dead at the scene by a SCDF paramedic. His wake was held on April 11, 2022. PHOTOS: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS, KEVIN LIM
Samuel Devaraj

Apr 11, 2022

SINGAPORE - Mr Jason Tan woke up late on Sunday (April 10), so his wife told him not to go to work that day.
But Mr Tan, a food delivery rider and soon-to-be father, was hoping to earn an incentive offered to riders and needed to fulfil just 13 more orders to obtain it.
While out fulfilling orders, however, the 24-year-old was involved in an accident in Gambas Avenue, and died.
The police told The Straits Times that they were alerted to the accident involving a van and two motorcycles at about 1pm.
Mr Tan, who was on a motorcycle, was pronounced dead at the scene by a Singapore Civil Defence Force paramedic, while the other motorcyclist - a 20-year-old man - was taken to hospital.
The 36-year-old male van driver was arrested for careless driving causing death and police investigations are ongoing.
Mr Jason Tan's brother, Mr Jeremy Tan, 33, told ST on Monday that his family was very shocked by the sudden death of his brother, who was going to be a father in a few months' time.

Speaking at his brother's wake in Woodlands, Mr Jeremy Tan, a property agent, said: "Usually if his wife is not working on the weekend, my brother would take a day off as well. She also told him since he had woken up at 9am instead of 7am, that he might as well not go.
"But because of the incentive, he decided to go. He has a kid coming soon and (he thought) if he had extra (money) it would be good. Nobody wants to have a kid and not be able to provide for them."
According to Mr Jeremy Tan, Mr Jason Tan and his wife, who is about three months pregnant, had planned to visit a pasar malam in Ang Mo Kio on Sunday before coming home to play mahjong.

The couple lived in Woodlands with Mr Tan's parents and his two siblings.
They had known each other since they were classmates in Fuchun Primary School and were together for about six years.
They were married on March 5, at a wedding attended by about 100 people at HomeTeamNS Bukit Batok.
photo_2022-04-11_21-13-56.jpg

Mr Jason Tan, 24, during his wedding on March 5, 2022. PHOTO: JEREMY TAN
Mr Jason Tan's widow, who is also 24 and works in administration, is distraught, said Mr Jeremy Tan.
His parents, who are in their 60s, have also been inconsolable. They had been planning to go on a cruise in June with their son and daughter-in-law that was meant to be a honeymoon for the young couple.
Mr Jason Tan was their youngest child and the favourite. His child will be their first grandchild.
mi_accident_110422.jpg

A male van driver was arrested for careless driving causing death and police investigations are ongoing. ST PHOTOS: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS
Mr Jeremy Tan said the close-knit family would get together on the weekends to play mahjong, their favourite pastime.
He added: "My brother always brought the most happiness to the family and would always make us laugh. He would come into the room and do some funny poses. All his friends say that too."
Mr Jeremy Tan said his brother had been working as a full-time food delivery rider with Foodpanda for a few years and that he and his wife were looking to buy their own place in the next two or three years.
mi_accident2_110422.jpg

The police were alerted about the accident involving a van and two motorcycles at about 1pm on April 10, 2022. PHOTO: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS
wgt-gambasaccident-110422.jpg

A woman crying near the scene of the accident, on April 10, 2022. PHOTO: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS
A foodpanda spokesman said: "We are extremely saddened by the passing of our rider, and wish to send our deepest condolences to his family. We are also doing everything we can to support his family, while assisting the police with any information they might need for the investigations."
Mr Jeremy Tan is also hoping that a witness can come forward to provide video footage of the accident.
He said: "At least I want to know what happened to him so (we) can get some closure."

Last edited: