• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foo Mee Har leaves job to focus on MP duties

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how things are in Singapore.

When an MP leaves her job to be a fulltime MP, it gets into print in the news.

Shouldnt it instead be when an MP does NOT leave her job to be a fulltime job that it becomes news?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How stupid to believe she left to focus on MP duties...
/QUOTE]

It's quite a matter of common sense. If indeed FMH is so indispensable, would they let her go to focus merely on her MP duties. It would be different if she was a Cabinet Minister.

ben213us

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/12/05/mp-foo-mee-har-ive-decided-to-leave-standard-chartered/

December 5th, 2012 | Author: Contributions
(4 Dec)

After 19 wonderful years with Standard Chartered Bank, I have decided to leave as the Global Head for Priority Banking and International Banking to pursue other interests. I am pleased to take on a non-executive role and to continue contributing to the Bank in Asia in this capacity.

It has been an exciting and fulfilling journey with the Bank, which has taken me across many functions, many businesses, and many countries. There is no better time to do this – the businesses are doing well, and strong teams are in place across the network.

I look forward to keeping in touch with the good friends and colleagues whom it has been my privilege to know and work with over the years, as we grew the Bank from strength to strength.

I am excited about this new direction in my life. Amongst other things, I am looking forward to spending time on a number of initiatives in the pipeline for the Ayer Rajah constituency.

(5 Dec)

My heartfelt thanks to everyone for your well wishes and kind words. Many of you wanted to know what my plans are for the future. Amongst other things, I am looking forward to spending time on a number of initiatives in the pipeline for the Ayer Rajah constituency.

At the same time, I have agreed to take on a non-executive role at Standard Chartered, to continue contributing to the Bank in Asia. I am also considering other opportunities that will draw on my corporate and international experience. May I take this opportunity to wish everyone Happy Holidays for the Festive Season.

Foo Mee Har

[Source]: http://www.facebook.com/MPFooMeeHar

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am confused and hope some learned bros in this forum can help me figure out what is happening. Recently, some MPs became full-time, giving up their lucratice careers in the service of their nation. They claimed they had to do so to focus on the role as MPs. Yet we have some MPs who not only have full time jobs but also involved in many others, like directorship etc etc. How to reconcile this huh? Could it be because some have better time management skills and that's the reason why they can be super humans?

M

Mdm Tang

I am confused and hope some learned bros in this forum can help me figure out what is happening. Recently, some MPs became full-time, giving up their lucratice careers in the service of their nation. They claimed they had to do so to focus on the role as MPs. Yet we have some MPs who not only have full time jobs but also involved in many others, like directorship etc etc. How to reconcile this huh? Could it be because some have better time management skills and that's the reason why they can be super humans?

its Public unhappinesness ?