• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finance Minister without Phd (Economics) Wins Award

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never mind the Phd's...or whatever economic experts they are all....one thing is clear all other FINANCE ministers are not PUPPETS...to give an award to a puppet, is an insult to the people of the country...

George Osborne of the UK is a puppet of David Cameron. Jacob Lew of the US is within the Obama circle. How do you classify all?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tharman is worth at least $8 million a year. if he be a banker, he sure can earn much more.

That is why he is a bargain!!..he sacrificed a lucrative banking career to serve us!! can be the head of IMF also..psst! ( I am Farkeed)...:smile:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't recall an acquittal. He was convicted, paid his fine and moved on. If the govt wants a man dead, sure, no problem. If they want to resuscitate a person's career, no problem too. They call all the shots!

This precisely why the rot has stemmed so deep that cronies can self praise cronies, award foreign cronies the sweeteners in return for praises and the entire system from kangaroo courts to what's not all are festering with rot.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This precisely why the rot has stemmed so deep that cronies can self praise cronies, award foreign cronies the sweeteners in return for praises and the entire system from kangaroo courts to what's not all are festering with rot.

I have changed header. I call it Ex Convict Finance Minister

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so what is reward for being voted Best Finance Minister? is it another whose-dick-longer contest?

another zero behind his paycheck? get nominated for IMF / World Bank chairman?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
the timing is curious. 1982 boom time justified. ah neh did what recently to deserve it? best entries for him this year was all repeating orders in shit times. anyone recall any remarkable feat of his? other than reverse robin hood?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
the timing is curious. 1982 boom time justified. ah neh did what recently to deserve it? best entries for him this year was all repeating orders in shit times. anyone recall any remarkable feat of his? other than reverse robin hood?

Singapore is doing far better today than it was in 1982.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
then wither the 20year gap in between? if it is just a matter of rotation then i expect the prize to return only when we achieve something great. you already left when tharman took over. i dont see how you are even familiar with him. blind loyalty does no one any good

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Kim Leong, Ng Boon Gay was acquitted but he was no re-instated. any reason?

He is waiting to be sacked! If got betting odds, win 10 cents for every dollar bet on his dismissal, sell house and car also can. Sure to win if bet on dismissal. He was acquitted in court for PCA charges. Internally, he faced misconduct charges.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Past Euromoney's Finance Minister of the Year:

• 1981 Turgut Özal of Turkey
  • 1982 Hon Sui Sen of Singapore
  • 1983 Jesús Silva Herzog of Mexico
  • 1984 Paul Keating of Australia
  • 1985 Roger Douglas of New Zealand
  • 1986 James Baker of the United States of America
  • 1987 Edouard Balladur of France
  • 1988 Nigel Lawson of the United Kingdom
  • 1989 J. B. Sumarlin of Indonesia
  • 1990 Philippe Maystadt of Belgium
  • 1991 Carlos Solchaga of Spain
  • 1992 Domingo Cavallo of Argentina
  • 1993 Manmohan Singh of India
  • 1994 Iiro Viinanen of Finland
  • 1995 Roberto de Ocampo of the Philippines
  • 1996 Robert Rubin of the United States of America
  • 1997 Anatoly Chubais of Russia
  • 1998 Leszek Balcerowicz of Poland
  • 1999 José Ángel Gurría of Mexico
  • 2000 Brigita Schmögnerovà of Slovakia
  • 2001 Shaukat Aziz of Pakistan
  • 2002 Milen Veltchev of Bulgaria
  • 2003 Ibrahim bin Abdulaziz Al-Assaf of Saudi Arabia
  • 2004 Ivan Miklos of Slovakia
  • 2005 Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala of Nigeria
  • 2006 Sri Mulyani Indrawati of Indonesia
  • 2007 Mlađan Dinkić of Serbia
  • 2008 Xie Xuren of China
  • 2009 Jim Flaherty of Canada
  • 2010 Alexei Kudrin of Russia
  • 2011 Wayne Swan of Australia
  • 2012 Cesar Purisima of Philippines

Euromoney is not a credible source. How is it possible Loong was never on the list?

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why he is a bargain!!..he sacrificed a lucrative banking career to serve us!! can be the head of IMF also..psst! ( I am Farkeed)...:smile:

he is a puppet.

the first major thing he did was to remove the estate.
you mean on the first day of office he start to study the
possibility of removing estate duty ? or other issues
are less important ?

what did 80% of sillypooreans gain from this ?

which finance minister in the world do this as his first priority ?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so what is reward for being voted Best Finance Minister? is it another whose-dick-longer contest?

another zero behind his paycheck? get nominated for IMF / World Bank chairman?

remaining a pappie as dpm would pay more although the perks for travel, accommodation, diplomatic passport etc in imf would be better.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

He was convicted by a Court of Law......... so if no govt job, which institution will hire him after conviction?