• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally some regulation for those e-bikes cocksuckers

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My Pinarello Dogma with Dura Ace Di2 and Mavic Cosmic Carbon tubular wheel set does not come anywhere close to 5kg. It weighs in at about 6.5kg with pedals.

With my normal Alloy wheels it is above 7Kg.

In the market standards, weight includes the seat.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In the market standards, weight includes the seat.

Bike weight in my books refers to a complete bike ready to ride including 2 bottle cages.

My Selle Italia seat weighs 150gms approx. Bottle cages are 50gms each.

A complete bike weighing 5kgs is for weightweenies not the real world eg http://www.starbike.com/galleries/?id=141

Here's a 5Kg bike http://weightweenies.starbike.com/articles.php?ID=51 USES ONE 10gm bottle cage !!!!!

Dynamik Udue '04 (Owner: Cristian Frisoni)

Frame:Dynamik Udue (Dedacciai U2 tubeset) 52 x 53 sloping 4 cm905 g
Fork:Sintema Kuota 1"300 g
HeadsetBrunetti Aheadset 1"70 g
Expander and plug:Brunetti20 g
Headset SpacersCarbon10 g
Stem:ITM The Stem Magnesium 110 mm95 g
Handlebar:Schmolke Carbon140 g
Crank Arms:CAT Carbon 172.5 mm290 g
Chain Rings:Poshbikes Carbon 39/53T.90 g
Pedals:Aerolite Titanium80 g
Seat Post/Saddle:AX-Lightness Combination Ø27,2 mm120 g
Seat Post Clamp:Extralite UltraClamp10 g
Brake Levers:Campagnolo Record Carbon210 g
Shift Levers:Shimano Dura-Ace SL-7700 (down tube)75 g
Brakes:B-T-P C.A.T. USA Claws Titanium Pro with Corima pads180 g
Shift/Brake Cables:Jagwire135 g
Rear Derailleur:Shimano Dura-Ace195 g
Chain:Wippermann ConneX TR Titanium230 g
Bottom Bracket:Aken Titanium 110 mm140 g
Front Derailleur:Shimano Dura-Ace (optimized)72 g
Front Wheel:tune MIG 66, Zipp 280, 28 holes, Sapim Laser spokes, Ergal nipples480 g
Rear Wheel:tune MAG 180, Zipp 280, 28 holes, Sapim Laser spokes, Ergal nipples580 g
Cassette:Effeti 12-23 machined from Ergal monobloc110 g
Skewers:PMP w/out lever, Titanium axles50 g
Tubular Tires:Tufo Elite Jet320 g
Handlebar Tape:Stella Azzura30 g
Bottle Cage:tune Wässerträger10 g
Total:4947 g

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Pinarello Dogma with Dura Ace Di2 and Mavic Cosmic Carbon tubular wheel set does not come anywhere close to 5kg. It weighs in at about 6.5kg with pedals.

Ditch the Di2, get AX lightness components, seat post, saddle and brakes, my China no brand carbon bottle cages are 22gm, lightweight wheels, you should be able to shave off some more weight. 5.9 kg is doable even on my stainless steel XS size Cinelli XCr.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ditch the Di2, get AX lightness components, seat post, saddle and brakes, my China no brand carbon bottle cages are 22gm, lightweight wheels, you should be able to shave off some more weight. 5.9 kg is doable even on my stainless steel XS size Cinelli XCr.

I weigh 59kg. My Kiwi competitors are not even close. The lightest and skinniest guy I've had to do battle with up hill weighs 63kg. I can afford to ride a 7.2Kg bike with Kgs to spare.

I can always throw out a water bottle if I'm being dropped. :smile:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Braggart....