• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally return to M-Cup after 18 years of denial.

maxpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
''..BPL,Serie A,La Lge didn't kiil us blah,blah..''

Wow, still in denial.

Singapore domestic match once had 36000 att at National stadium they
thought they don't need Malaysian football.

S-Lge att reduced to 235 people and 1 dog [relatives didn't turn up too]

Please open your eyes!.

Malay schools boys will now take up football again in the hope of making the M-Cup
team -instead of dancing at the basement of T3 of playing Frisbee like some Bapok.

This is how it's been since 1950s.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It will never go back to the good old days. It probably be another failure. We do not even have a big stadium now.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S-League is a prick-waving, foreigner importing, ego-boosting pet project from Goh Chok Tong, Mah Bow Tan and the gang of lapdog bureaucrat clowns in FAS.

Has the standard of Singapore football improved with the introduction of the S-League?

What has the S-League brought? Corruption, mediocrity, violence, and failures.

In fact, the sponsors of S-League (Yeo's, Great Eastern, Tiger Beer etc.) should all withdraw their financial support immediately and let it die a faster death.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If every political party in Singapore sponsors 1 team and send 2-3 of their members as the players, I'm sure the S league will heat up and attracts the thousands.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why everyone hate sleague? even in the past, there a domestic league around which act like a feeder system to the singapore team in the malaysia semi pro league/mleague. so what wrong with maintaining the sleague as up and coming players can be discover to be select for the lionx2.

do they have season ticket? i think season ticket will help to maintain crowd level due to singaporean mentality of kiasuism.

maxpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why everyone hate S-Lge?

1.Extreemly poor standard -1970s NFL,business houses league better quality

2.Players with attitude,dyed blonde hair.no skill,not fit [41 year old beat 19 year olds during beep test.

3.Scores like 8:5,9:4,7:4,5:5,9:2,7:4 how can this be a semi-pro lgd?

4.During telecast dubbing in crowd cheering noise to give impressing more than 223 fans in stadium

5.Tall players like Precious,Bahaikki scared to head the ball

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U turn syndrome. S League fail. Why no one from gov/sport admit that is a bad decision and fail.
Really hate stupid gov hiding all the fact when problem happen.
Why cannot just public announce that is fail and apology .

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old uncle today wake up early, so let old uncle tell you all some history. In the 60s and 70s there were two Cups, Malaysia Cup for interstate and Merdeka Cup for international. That time, Malaysia Cup was mostly about Selangor, Singapore, Penang and Perak. Note that these are the states of the horse racing circuit. The other states are still blur blur didn't really know how to play football properly, always prepared for 0:5 and above defeats.

Merdeka Cup top horses were South Korea and Thailand. After South Korea qualified for World Cup and not interested anymore, Merdeka Cup was terminated. Then in 90s MBT and GCT came up with idea for S-League after quarrelling with Malaysian states over share of gate receipts.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
U turn syndrome. S League fail. Why no one from gov/sport admit that is a bad decision and fail.
Really hate stupid gov hiding all the fact when problem happen.
Why cannot just public announce that is fail and apology .

No democracy, no accountability. Saying sorry is an admission of weakness. Admitting weakness to the herd of sheep is the fastest way to be booted out of power in Sinkieland. Since the people are muffled, why bother saying sorry? It's not like Sinkies can take to the streets and protest. :smile:

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
saying sorry is one thing but with all the $$ spend, who is actually paying for cost of failure? the person in charge would still be happily counting his millions inside his acct.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In case anyone forgets, ass league was created to further the goal2010 world cup project.
2010 came and gone....how much nearer are we to a world cup slot?
This must be sporting joke of the century!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remembered Woody launching the Ass League with a bang back in 1996... He and Mabok Tan then so yaya trumpeting the Goal 2010 aim... Many Sporeans so excited with the Ass League back then.. Geylang Utd had their Iranian World Cup stars in their team... KNN to escape paying, I even climbed the fencing of the Tampines stadium with my neighbourhood mates just to see my hometown club Tampines Rovers in action against Geylang Utd.. That was in 1997 while I was still in Poly.. In fact that was the first and the last time I ever been to a Ass League game again.. But the fever lasted only a few years.. By the beginning of the decade, the crowd slowly dwindled... Lets see whether this Malaysia Cup reunion will be a success or not... I don't think we'll ever qualify for a World Cup.. For fuck's sake we can't even qualify for the Asian Cup... :o

Qualifying For a World Cup is No Longer a Priority... Kicking Out Those Scums In White Should Be The Main Priority in the Coming Future...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why no one from gov/sport admit that is a bad decision and fail.

Lose face. Politicians and bureaucrats hate to lose face.

In Singapore's case, money is a close second.