• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

final score : Bionic Vehicle 1 - Land Over 0

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bye bye, Liu Kai! We will take good care of your sister! I've told her that she is always welcomed at my RC.

45643853_10155688793452115_252135767348871168_o.jpg

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN is this case considered over let's move on ? KNN

It's over for the deceased.
It's not over for the family of the deceased.
It's definteLEE just the beginning for MINDEF, the unit and the servicemen involved.
Whatever LEEcisions arrived at and actions to be taken concern all Singaporeans and permanent residents.
There is the need to account, clarify and refine or redefine accordingLEE.
To a family, it's definitely not about percentages or how many mishaps per month/quarter/year.
To the family, it has to be ALL, NOT PART or NONE.
If the PAP LEEders cannot ensure and guarantee zero accident, then it is irresponsible and unjustifiable of the PAP-led Government to force parents to let their sons undergo military service. With today's and future technological advancement, the existing national service policies which were formulated many moons ago are ridiculousLEE outdated and SHOULD BE relooked into.

Last edited:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am always amazed that SGreans will kuai kuai accept conscription without demanding full service pay, adequate life and health insurance from the government. This is the least they could do for forcing your sons to undertake risks that carry a high probability of death or serious injury.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am always amazed that SGreans will kuai kuai accept conscription without demanding full service pay, adequate life and health insurance from the government. This is the least they could do for forcing your sons to undertake risks that carry a high probability of death or serious injury.

I second. Allow me to voice it out loudly.

"SPOCK: I am always amazed that SGreans will kuai kuai accept conscription without demanding full service pay, adequate life and health insurance from the government. This is the least they could do for forcing your sons to undertake risks that carry a high probability of death or serious injury."

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

9:00 and 15:10
"Pls only trust MINDEF's official account of story! Dun go and anyhow listen to what the online ppl's rumors!
We believe authority will give us justice!"
What a stupid comment, even her face look like an idiot

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I second. Allow me to voice it out loudly.

"SPOCK: I am always amazed that SGreans will kuai kuai accept conscription without demanding full service pay, adequate life and health insurance from the government. This is the least they could do for forcing your sons to undertake risks that carry a high probability of death or serious injury."
KNN the actual person that is forcing others to accept that is the person's own parents and his friends and comrades KNN. time's up if he never go parent will kpkb that mata which is also nsf will come and catch him KNN

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why the fuck we need NS for anyway?

The real threat from the Melayus & Indons after the separation is now over and gone.

If they really want to still keep NS...then in this modern era, please also include the Singapore womenfolk as part of the defence force.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Oh please, look at how bo chap. The entire tank already run over. He didnt even stop!! @Papsmearer comment?

I am wondering why someone mentioned my name. LOL.

Ok lah, here is my analysis as mentioned in my postings on other forums. Which since has been somewhat confirmed by SAF Brass.

Looking at the pictures of the site of the accident, I noticed that this was a "dry" run. i.e. there was no use of live ammo or blank ammo or even smoke grenade discharges. The ground around the vehicle was clean, no evidence of cartridges or residue from smoke grenades. This was a movement to contact training run where the instructor follows behind and over the radio, tells the VC where the contact is. The standard procedure when contacted by enemy is to tell the driver to stop, reverse, and at the same time, VC discharges smoke grenades. The instructor following behind the Bionix is looking to hear over the radio the proper commands, given in the proper sequence. I have done this drill hundreds of times, either as a tank commander or as an instructor. Most of the time, I have to say that the tank is already in reverse and moving before I even look behind to direct the driver. Therefore, in the few seconds when the AFV first starts reversing, its reversing blind. The vehicle commander just does not have the time to check behind to make sure its clear before ordering the driver to reverse, there just is no time to do this in an actual combat situation. The VC always assumes that there is no one behind him when he reverses, because this is a closed course, and no one else is supposed to be there.

So what actually happened here? My theory is that in the old days, every SAR had its own organic motor transport support company. When we went out into the field for training, we will indent a B vehicle according to our needs. A B vehicle can be a Jeep, Land Rover, Unimog or 3 Tonner. i.e. a soft skin vehicle. There was an MT line and in the same camp as the SAR. The drivers of these B vehicles only supported the SAR that they are based in, and because of this, most of them knew how to deal with armoured vehicles and tanks in the field. When you mix B vehicles and AFVs/Tanks in the field, its a dangerous combination. But what has happened now is that all MT lines and B vehicles are now centrally located in Transport Hubs. I guess they were all taken out of their respective units and centralized in these transport hubs, of which I think they are 2. The victim was from SAF Transport Hub West. So, when a SAR needs a B vehicle, I guess they just indent one from the Transport Hub. But the driver assigned to the training for the day might not have had any experience with AFVs in the field. Whereas drivers in the old days with the SAR know to give the AFV a wide berth during such drills, these drivers randomly assigned from the Transport HUb might not know to do this. And hence they parked too close to the Bionix and was crushed when it reverse. The Instructor in the LR should have told the driver to keep his distance or maybe he assumed the driver knew to do that.

Why did they centralize these B vehicles?Again, an educated guess here. When the MT line was located in the SAR, the camp commander, usually a Major rank was also in charge of it. The MT line was usually run by a SAF Regular with a Cpt rank, which made him the equivalent rank as a company commander. By creating an entirely new camp and organization, such as Transport Hub West, the SAF can put in a new commander with a Major rank to run it, while the SAR still will have its own CO. Therefore a new position is created. The SAF needs to do this because it has a backlog of SAFOS that need to have units to run.

So, if you want, you can blame the death of this inexperienced driver on the SAF scholar Genital policy. Just my 2 cents.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hey then where are the ex army guys hanging out? I will be interested in tgeir dissecting of saf cases

No specific places. There is someone who always know something that posts on CNA, Shit Times, etc. Once these military related incidents get published by these mainstream news outlet, u will find a lot of gong kias who know shit, posting on it. But there will be one or 2 who are knowledgeable. Then u just comment on their posts and before you know it, we are breaking down what we think the accident was like. Here on SB, Stuffycunt is what passes for military expert. LOL. Because these news media outlets have a larger audience, some one will come in and refute u, or confirm what u said. But done with some background in the about the units involved. This specific accident is so specialized that only AI or Tankees can knowledgeably comment on it. And these people are a small percentage of the SAF. Here on SB, i think u can count on one hand the number of people who might make inform comments.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why the fuck we need NS for anyway?

The real threat from the Melayus & Indons after the separation is now over and gone.

If they really want to still keep NS...then in this modern era, please also include the Singapore womenfolk as part of the defence force.
NS is there to give the scholars a job. If no conscription u know how many civil serpents will be out of work?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
No specific places. There is someone who always know something that posts on CNA, Shit Times, etc. Once these military related incidents get published by these mainstream news outlet, u will find a lot of gong kias who know shit, posting on it. But there will be one or 2 who are knowledgeable. Then u just comment on their posts and before you know it, we are breaking down what we think the accident was like. Here on SB, Stuffycunt is what passes for military expert. LOL. Because these news media outlets have a larger audience, some one will come in and refute u, or confirm what u said. But done with some background in the about the units involved. This specific accident is so specialized that only AI or Tankees can knowledgeably comment on it. And these people are a small percentage of the SAF. Here on SB, i think u can count on one hand the number of people who might make inform comments.
I cannot go to those shitholes. The lapdogs and the shitbrains will ruin my day