• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FIFA World Cup 2014

SpaceTruckin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lehmann: Germany to reach final, England to struggle

8 May 2014

449125header.jpg

Former Germany goalkeeper Jens Lehmann believes his nation will reach the FIFA World Cup final, and he expects England to struggle.

Joachim Low's Germany are among the favourites to win Brazil 2014 but were drawn in a tricky Group G with Portugal, Ghana and the United States.

Lehmann, a 61-time international who was Germany's first-choice shot-stopper at the 2006 World Cup, said Low's men would reach the decider.

"I think we will reach the final but everything has to run optimally," he said.

"And then in the final one never knows. Brazil against us would be a good final."

England face an even tougher task in Group D, which includes Roy Hodgson's men, Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica.

Former Arsenal goalkeeper Lehmann said he expected very little from England.

"From the English, I do not expect much," he said.

"They've also had a strenuous season. The players are looking forward to not really going to the England team, I think.

"This is even more stress because they know anyway, they cannot win anything."

Belgium are Lehmann's dark horses, with the likes of Eden Hazard, Vincent Kompany and Thibaut Courtois to be part of Marc Wilmots' squad in a Group H including Russia, South Korea and Algeria.

"They are the dark horses. They have strong players, especially from the English league," Lehmann said.

"A couple playing in the Spanish league. You have a generation that can achieve a lot."

SpaceTruckin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga quartet in South Korea´s World Cup squad

8 May 2014

449143header.jpg

Four of South Korea's five Germany-based players have made Hong Myung-bo's FIFA World Cup squad with Park Joo-ho left out through injury.

Park lost a race against time to prove his fitness following foot surgery at the start of April and was, as expected, left out of South Korea's 23-man squad for Brazil 2014 - a bitter blow for the left-back, who played 27 matches in the Bundesliga for Mainz this season.

But there was good news for Son Heung-min (Bayer Leverkusen), Ji Dong-won (Augsburg), Koo Ja-cheol (Mainz) and Hong Jeong-ho (Augsburg), who were all picked by Hong.

Outside of the local K-League, the Bundesliga provided the most players in Hong's squad alongside the Japan's J.League.

Kim Jin-su (Albirex Niigata), Hwang Seok-ho (Sanfrecce Hiroshima), Kim Chang-soo and Han Kook-young (Kashiwa Reysol) are the J.League-based contingent, while there are five players from the top-two tiers of English football - Ki Sung-yueng (Sunderland), Kim Bo-kyung (Cardiff), Park Chu-young (Watford, on loan from Arsenal), Yoon Suk-young (QPR) and Lee Chung-yong (Bolton).

Hong, who led South Korea's Under 23 team to a bronze medal at the London Olympics two years ago, has shown faith in a large group from that side with his squad having an average age of just 25.

South Korea have been pooled with Belgium, Algeria and Russia in Group H of this year's World Cup finals and will start their campaign on June 17 in Cuiaba against the Russians.

That game will be followed by a clash with Algeria in Porto Alegre on June 22 before they take on Belgium in Sao Paulo four days later.

Squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Jung Sung-ryong (Suwon Bluewings), Kim Seung-gyu (Ulsan), Lee Bum-young (Busan IPark)

Defenders: Kim Jin-su (Albirex Niigata), Kim Young-gwon (Guangzhou Evergrande), Yoon Suk-young (QPR), Hwang Seok-ho (Sanfrecce Hiroshima), Hong Jeong-ho (Augsburg) Kwak Tae-hwi (Al Hilal), Lee Yong (Ulsan), Kim Chang-su (Kashiwa Reysol)

Midfielders: Ki Sung-yueng (Sunderland), Ha Dae-sung (Beijing Guoan), Han Kook-young (Kashiwa Reysol), Park Jong-woo (Guangzhou R&F), Kim Bo-kyung (Cardiff City), Lee Chung-yong (Bolton Wanderers), Ji Dong-won (Augsburg), Son Heung-min (Bayer Leverkusen)

Forwards: Koo Ja-cheol (Mainz), Lee Keun-ho (Sangju Sangmu), Park Chu-young (Watford), Kim Shin-wook (Ulsan)

Last edited:

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My former teamate is correct, England is there just to make up the early numbes

Lehmann: Germany to reach final, England to struggle

Former Germany goalkeeper Jens Lehmann believes his nation will reach the FIFA World Cup final, and he expects England to struggle.

Lehmann, a 61-time international who was Germany's first-choice shot-stopper at the 2006 World Cup, said Low's men would reach the decider.

"I think we will reach the final but everything has to run optimally," he said.

"And then in the final one never knows. Brazil against us would be a good final."

England face an even tougher task in Group D, which includes Roy Hodgson's men, Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica.

Former Arsenal goalkeeper Lehmann said he expected very little from England.

"From the English, I do not expect much," he said.

"They've also had a strenuous season. The players are looking forward to not really going to the England team, I think.

"This is even more stress because they know anyway, they cannot win anything."

Belgium are Lehmann's dark horses, with the likes of Eden Hazard, Vincent Kompany and Thibaut Courtois to be part of Marc Wilmots' squad in a Group H including Russia, South Korea and Algeria.

"They are the dark horses. They have strong players, especially from the English league," Lehmann said.

"A couple playing in the Spanish league. You have a generation that can achieve a lot."

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This would be my team for an outside bet. Real quality in their ranks, don't be surprised if they can go all the way. I'll be surprised if they don't make it out of the group stages. Group H doesn't look that strong.

As for England...the less said about them, the better.