• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FEMINIST MENTOR ..... lol

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone tell me wtf is the definition of FEMINIST MENTOR?

No wonder she got ridiculed front-back-left-right....and centre.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone tell me wtf is the definition of FEMINIST MENTOR?

No wonder she got ridiculed front-back-left-right....and centre.

She said she is a feminsit mentor becuase she was the first female dean of law faculty in nus and also because someone mentioned her name in a book about women.

honestly, not making this up, she said it during the EAGM.

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://evolveandconquer.blogspot.com/2009/05/get-out-feminist-mentor.html

The Lair

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Get out, 'Feminist Mentor'!

If you want to spread religious teachings, hijacking an organisation, misunderstanding the situation and making absurd claims is one of the worst ways to do it. (Another bad way is to build museums showing Noah putting dinosaurs onto the Ark and trying to brainwash 5 year old kids who are two young to think for themselves.)

There are some very common themes shown by such people, who tend to argue based on faith rather than sound logic. A very common one is shutting people out despite the fact that they can substantiate their claims a lot better than you can substantiate yours.

'SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN' (response by new AWARE exco to people who don't agree with them)
'If you have any other viewpoints I don't want to hear them' (Ken Ham in response to arguments against his creationist brainwashing)

Another one is finding fault with the dissenter's 'inability' to comprehend certain issues.

'You don't understand the constitution!' (TSM in response to criticism about the new AWARE exco's policies)
Creationist argument along the lines of 'You're supposed to read Genesis as fact, not interpret it as a metaphor!'

And of course my favourite gripe about them - misunderstanding the situation and/or arguing from one's misguided assumptions:

(I don't have time to find the exact quote, but to paraphrase the new AWARE exco's stance: 'the old guard is promoting a gay lifestyle by teaching children that homosexuality is accepted in schools')

'If humans evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys around?'
'I can't believe how the bacterial flagellum/vertebrate eye/(insert complex feature) evolved through a RANDOM process' (N.B. Selection is NOT random)

Thank GOODNESS they're out. Good riddance to Thio(sulphate) and Josie whatever-her-surname-is. I must admit that after a whole host of incidences this week that made me lose a lot of faith in a lot of people, Singapore's women have shown that they have a voice (and more importantly a brain) and are willing to use it.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://evolveandconquer.blogspot.com/2009/05/get-out-feminist-mentor.html

The Lair

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Get out, 'Feminist Mentor'!

If you want to spread religious teachings, hijacking an organisation, misunderstanding the situation and making absurd claims is one of the worst ways to do it. (Another bad way is to build museums showing Noah putting dinosaurs onto the Ark and trying to brainwash 5 year old kids who are two young to think for themselves.)

There are some very common themes shown by such people, who tend to argue based on faith rather than sound logic. A very common one is shutting people out despite the fact that they can substantiate their claims a lot better than you can substantiate yours.

'SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN' (response by new AWARE exco to people who don't agree with them)
'If you have any other viewpoints I don't want to hear them' (Ken Ham in response to arguments against his creationist brainwashing)

Another one is finding fault with the dissenter's 'inability' to comprehend certain issues.

'You don't understand the constitution!' (TSM in response to criticism about the new AWARE exco's policies)
Creationist argument along the lines of 'You're supposed to read Genesis as fact, not interpret it as a metaphor!'

And of course my favourite gripe about them - misunderstanding the situation and/or arguing from one's misguided assumptions:

(I don't have time to find the exact quote, but to paraphrase the new AWARE exco's stance: 'the old guard is promoting a gay lifestyle by teaching children that homosexuality is accepted in schools')

'If humans evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys around?'
'I can't believe how the bacterial flagellum/vertebrate eye/(insert complex feature) evolved through a RANDOM process' (N.B. Selection is NOT random)

Thank GOODNESS they're out. Good riddance to Thio(sulphate) and Josie whatever-her-surname-is. I must admit that after a whole host of incidences this week that made me lose a lot of faith in a lot of people, Singapore's women have shown that they have a voice (and more importantly a brain) and are willing to use it.

So who is the real God!

sgczar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Straits Times cannot spell.. They spell salah.. should be :

Feminist Mental coz she delusional macham those you find in Woodbridge.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...said she is a feminsit mentor becuase she was the first female dean of law faculty in nus and also because someone mentioned her name in a book about women.
Tormentor shd have been a better fit.:p:rolleyes: So full of herself. People deserving of respect do not need to blow own trumpet:(

jw5

Loyal
She said she is a feminsit mentor becuase she was the first female dean of law faculty in nus and also because someone mentioned her name in a book about women.

honestly, not making this up, she said it during the EAGM.
Sounds like a good name for a new brand of sanitary napkins.

sgczar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think she living a life of delusions liao.
At 71 (think I saw her age in ST) she going through 2nd childhood la.. see M&M chocolate and link it with Lau Lee's frigfrag title of Minister Mentor (also M&M) so she create her own Feminist Mentor lo since BOTH of them are also going through 2nd childhood.. but salah spelling la.. should be Mental as in Mental Problems.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are five types of people.

1. Those who believe in God
2. Those that don't
3. Those that don't know
4. Those that don't care
5. Those who play God

There is no god but Allah. and muhammad is his prophet and messenger.
ALLAH UAKBAR. ISRAEL UAKBAR.