• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Far East Plaza ceiling collapses, three hospitalised

EnBloc

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - Three people were injured after pieces of concrete fell from the ceiling in the atrium of Far East Plaza on Friday evening.

The Singapore Civil Defence said it received a call for help at 9.22pm. Three shoppers, including a pregnant woman, were conveyed to Singapore General Hospital, SCDF said.

On-site investigations are taking place. The public is advised to keep clear of Far East Plaza until rectification and repair works are complete.

RELATED REPORT: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ar-east-plaza-ceiling-injuring-3/3189014.html

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was just there a few days ago:eek:

Nowadays I am no longer surprised with all these mishaps in Orchard Road or anywhere else in Spore. The PAP has allowed too many unskilled workman into Spore & allowed their kakis to cut corners.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowadays I am no longer surprised with all these mishaps in Orchard Road or anywhere else in Spore. The PAP has allowed too many unskilled workman into Spore & allowed their kakis to cut corners.

Will a new building collapse soon due to unskilled, unqualified, fake foreign talents?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I understand that far east plaza is plagued with sleazy activities from those so-called massage parlours and other vice shops. Decent shoppers have no business being near that place. Shoppers who get hurt there can only blame themselves for their sins.

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pregnant woman also involved in sleazy activities? Why this place always have problems? Is the structure of this old building being compromised due to illegal kopimoney renovation works?

If the inside is shitty, doesn't help if you make the outside pretty.

Last edited:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand that far east plaza is plagued with sleazy activities from those so-called massage parlours and other vice shops. Decent shoppers have no business being near that place. Shoppers who get hurt there can only blame themselves for their sins.

All that jackhammer humping activities has caused the ceiling to drop. My last visit years ago showed that it was infested by pinay roaches at that area.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
now this.......... watz wrong with this cuntry of highest paid ministers and CEO Temasek who does little work for super remuneration??????????

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Pregnant woman also involved in sleazy activities? Why this place always have problems? Is the structure of this old building being compromised due to illegal kopimoney renovation works?

If the inside is shitty, doesn't help if you make the outside pretty.

Must be filipino woman.

Protector Cromwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
We wonder is there any Workplace Safety and Health committee overseeing the safety and security aspect of this building? WSHA applies to all buildings since 2011.....

jw5

Loyal

What were you doing in Far East Plaza? :eek::biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What were you doing in Far East Plaza? :eek::biggrin:

A pretty girl asked me if I wanted a massage but I turned her down because I was there only to visit the Ayam Penyet Restaurant there :smile:

I used to visit the book store there but it closed down many years ago & I notice that the location is now vacant. If I recall Metro used to be at the basement of Far East Plaza but that was in the past. Nowadays I rarely visit the Orchard Rd area. The reason I visited was because Tangs & Takashimaya are good places to see what is available in kitchen appliances in Spore.