• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Failiip Yeo: My greatest fear now is...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Philip Yeo: My greatest fear now is...</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt_89_ <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">2:02 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>54084.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt id=msgtxt_1>Philip Yeo: My greatest fear now is that the Government is terrified of the people

PostDateIcon.png
July 15th, 2011 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Temasek Review |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

The late former US President Thomas Jefferson once said: 揥hen the people are afraid of the government, there is tyranny. When the government is afraid of the people, there is democracy.?However, former EDB Chairman and Special Adviser for Economic Development in the Prime Minister抯 Office Philip Yeo is afraid that the PAP regime will become 憈errified?of the people after losing a GRC in the recent general election.
In an interview with the state media, Mr Yeo said:
揂fter the last elections, the ruling People抯 Action Party realises that it抯 no longer infallible. My greatest fear now is that the Government is terrified of the people. You cannot have a system where the people are pampered.?/STRONG>
He added that the repressive regime has run Singapore 憊ery rationally?for the last 45 years though it has imposed draconian laws along the way to suppress the civil rights of Singaporeans and to entrench its political hegemony:
慣he intentions have always been good but we forget that some people were hurt along the way. We need to work with our heads and our hearts. The key is not to swing totally the other way.?
Mr Yeo also reiterate his earlier stance to name and shame Singaporean bond-breakers:
揟hat抯 why I say bond-breakers squander the people抯 money. You break your bond, you break the future of someone else who was on the reserve list.?/P> However he was quick to give scholarships to foreigners and admit readily that a 慻ood percentage?of his EDB and A*Star scholars and staff were from Malaysia, China, India and Vietnam.
揗any were given secondary scholarships at age 15. They grew up here. Many became new Singaporeans. They have become indistinguishable from his Singaporean scholars.?/STRONG>
The number of foreign scholars who break their bonds and leave Singapore for good yearly is not revealed to this very day.

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trouble with him is he is passe, as passe as the Old Man. Who else will listen to him? Both old man's PM son and psycho neurotic surgeon LWL do not have listen to him. He is already an anachronism.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was and still is a very arrogant man. He prides himself as "daring to speak his mind". I've been hearing of his "phenomenal" contribution to encouraging foreign investments in Singapore... but i have not verified myself how true this is. I recall years back when SG and Indonesia was co-operating on a number of projects one of which was developing North Bintan into a resort area... this Anthony Salim came to meet him for some discussion. I heard from my bosses then that he "gave Anthony Salim a good lashing" for whatever issue which i wasn't clear... but what i do know is the Indonesian side was the main beneficiary in the project whereas the baby companies under Temasek was losing big time...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is one son of the bitch who loves to suck the balls of those Foreign thrashes.

An arrogant fuckin loudmouth elite bastard...:mad:

This is one PAP dog that must be castrated..!!! :mad:

seiyup warrior

Alfrescian
Loyal
Phillip Yeo formerly of EDB is one big balls-breaker.Any EDB scholars who break his bond,he will make sure he will break his balls

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This asshole spent so much time and money on research in AssStar, but did not show any significant output. Useless bugger.