• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FACT - this is why the PAP government is the BEST

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Well done to the PAP

FACTS AND RANKINGS

Singapore has many accolades pegged to its brand, bolstering the Republic’s reputation as a key regional and global hub for companies to do business. Discover key facts and rankings about Singapore today.

ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE
No. 1 city with the best investment potential
Singapore now outranks the world as an investment destination, after coming in second for 16 consecutive years.

In its BERI Report 2014-I (April 2014), US-based research institute Business Environment Risk Intelligence (BERI) ranked Singapore first out of 50 major investment destinations in a ranking that assesses operations, politics and foreign exchange. With no restrictions on the repatriation of profits and the import of capital, along with the most favourable operating conditions and strong diplomatic ties, Singapore’s stable political and economic climate creates an ideal environment to invest in.

1_Best-investment-potential_v3.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Top 3 in the world for foreign trade and investment

The nation’s standing in the economic world, ideal geographic location and vibrant lifestyle are among reasons for foreign interest in Singapore.
Rankings

According to the Globalisation Index 2012, Singapore came in after Hong Kong and Ireland as the country preferred for foreign trade and investment. A number of factors have contributed to this achievement, namely the country’s strategic geographic location, connected networks with the rest of the world, strong legal system and attractive tax system.

globalization-index.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
COMPETITIVENESS AND BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT

The world’s easiest place to do business

The ease of setting up a company in Singapore is a clear advantage when it comes to choosing the best place to do business.
The world’s easiest place to do business

According to the Doing Business 2014 Report by the World Bank, Singapore is the easiest place in the world to conduct business, partly due to the hassle-free way in which administrative matters are handled. Singapore helps simplify the process of setting up by making it simple to incorporate a company and register for taxes by using the same online form. Forms for construction permits, new workplace safety and healthcare regulations can also be submitted online. In addition, Singapore eased property registration by improving on its computerised system.

3_Easiest-place-to-do-business-v5.1.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

Top 2 most competitive city in the world
Singapore leads the pack among the rest of the global economies when it comes to maintaining its competitive edge.

According to the Global Competitiveness Report 2014 – 2015 by the World Economic Forum, Singapore is the best in Asia in terms of lack of corruption and high government efficiency. It is also recognised for the strength of its goods and labour markets; leading globally in terms of financial market development. The country’s competitiveness is further reinforced by world-class infrastructure with excellent transportation facilities and a strong focus on education that provides personnel with the skills needed for a rapidly changing global economy.

4_-Most-competitive-countries-in-the-world-v5.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

Best business environment in Asia Pacific and the world
Singapore has the most conducive environment for business as compared to the rest of its neighbours – and the world.
Rankings

According to the Economist Intelligence Unit, Country Forecasts Report in 2014, the country was ranked the most attractive as an investment location, both regionally and globally. Factors taken into consideration for ranking purposes were supportive government policies, attractive labour market conditions, a sound infrastructure and financing efficiency.

5_Best%20business%20environment_v2.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

Asia’s most network-ready country

Singapore enjoys the most seamless connectivity in Asia with one of the widest telecommunications networks in the world.
Asia’s most network-ready country

Based on the The Global Information Technology Report 2014 as conducted by the World Economic Forum, Singapore has the best network-ready environment in Asia in terms of market, political and regulatory infrastructure for connectivity. There are also high levels of individual, business and government readiness and usage of technology; making the country the most conducive place for business as compared to the rest of the region.

6_Most-network-ready-V2.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

Asia’s No.1 for best logistics supply chain performance
Singapore is the top in Asia for logistics performance.

Based on a worldwide survey of global freight forwarders and express carriers, the Logistics Performance Index is a benchmarking tool developed by the World Bank that measures performance along the logistics supply chain within a country. Allowing for comparisons across 160 countries, the index can help countries identify challenges and opportunities and improve their logistics performance. The World Bank conducts the survey every two years.

The international LPI analyzes countries in six components:

The efficiency of customs and border clearance (“Customs”).
The quality of trade and transport infrastructure (“Infrastructure”).
The ease of arranging competitively priced shipments (“Ease of arranging shipments”).
The competence and quality of logistics services—trucking, forwarding, and customs brokerage (“Quality of logistics services”).
The ability to track and trace consignments (“Tracking and tracing”).
The frequency with which shipments reach consignees within scheduled or expected delivery times (“Timeliness”).

19-best-logistic-supply-chain.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
BUSINESS LEGISLATION AND EFFICIENCY

Asia’s best intellectual property protection
Singapore recognises intellectual property (IP) as an invaluable asset in shaping a knowledge-based economy.

In its Global Competitiveness Report 2013 – 2014, the World Economic Forum has ranked Singapore as having the best IP protection in Asia based on the infrastructure and incentives put in place by the government to encourage innovation by existing and emerging industries.

7_Best-protection-of-intellectual-property-v5.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
BUSINESS LEGISLATION AND EFFICIENCY

Asia’s least bureaucratic place to do business
Businesses who plan to invest in Singapore need not worry about the hassle of red tape or the slowing down of operations.

The IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook in 2013 has deemed Singapore to be the least bureaucratic country in Asia – making it the perfect place to set up an operations base or business. Rankings were based on government interference, attractive policies, transparency and accountability.

8_Least-bureaucratic-place-v4.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
GOVERNMENT

Top 3 in the world for least corruption in the economy
The Singapore government practises an open and transparent approach when it comes to all business matters.

According to The Global Competitiveness Report 2013–2014, Singapore is the least corrupt country in the region where transparency is valued highly; due to clear and strict laws and legislations imposed by the government over business dealings and transactions.

9_Least-corruption-in-its-economy-v2.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Government

Most transparent country in Asia
Government policies in Singapore are clear and transparent when it comes to business.

The Global Competitiveness Report 2013–2014 recognises Singapore as a country with sound political infrastructure and policy-making procedures; leading to its ranking as the most transparent country in Asia that enjoys a stable business environment.

10_Most-transparent-country-in-Asia-v3.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Top of BERI’s Labour Force Evaluation Measure

Singapore has a consistently productive and skilled labour force that makes it a conducive place for growing businesses.
Rankings

Based on the Business Environment Risk Intelligence (BERI) Report 2014, Singapore enjoys the highest ranking for labour force in terms of workers’ productivity and general overall attitude; as displayed by superior business performances with advanced technology and low labour unit costs in relation to the value of goods and services produced.

11_BERI%27s-Labour-Force-Evaluation-Measure-v3.jpg

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seven out of twelve are not in top spot.

With their multimillion pay packet, you only get incremental / marginally better than the next in both the other top spots.

You call them the BEST??

You can have all of the above for less than half their pay.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Top 10 in Asia for most motivated workforce
The mind-set of Singaporean talent is generally positive and makes for a productive working environment.

According to the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook in 2013, Singapore’s workforce is highly motivated; making for one of the most productive labour forces in the region. This ranking is due to effective company policies in place, a generally conducive working environment and attractive living conditions in the country.

12_Most-motivated-workforce-v2.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Top 10 in Asia for best skilled labour

Singapore’s focus on a knowledge-based economy has led to an influx and growth of skilled labour from around the region and within the city itself.
Top 10 in Asia for best skilled labour

The IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook in 2013 states that Singapore has one of the most skilled labour pools in the region due to sound education policies, the ready availability of training programmes and attractive incentives for local and foreign talent.The mind-set of Singaporean talent is generally positive and makes for a productive working environment.

13_best-skilled-labour-v2.jpgp

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Top 5 in the world for most business conducive labour regulations

Singapore’s government policies make it easy and convenient for businesses that set up operations to attract and retain skilled labour.
Rankings

As found in the Global Competitiveness Report 2011 – 2012 by the World Economic Forum, Singapore’s labour regulations are one of the most effective and flexible in Asia when it comes to hiring talent as compared to the rest of its neighbours. These include an attractive tax system and effective manpower regulations.

14_most%20business%20conducive%20labour%20regulations.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Top 2 in the world for best labour/employer relations in Asia

The relationship between employee and employer in the average Singapore workplace is the best in the region.
Top 2 in the world for best labour/employer relations in Asia

According to The Global Competitiveness Report 2013–2014, Singapore enjoys better working conditions and higher rates of productivity due to more open communication channels and camaraderie between employee and employer.

15_best-labour-employer-relations-in-Asia-v2.jpg

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is the most expensive city in the world - Now you happy?

Yes we are Number ONE!! Yippee hurray!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/03/06/the-worlds-10-most-expensive-cities/

The world’s 10 most expensive cities

Singapore is the world’s most expensive city, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.

The island is Southeast Asia’s financial hub and, in recent years, has seen growth in the private banking industry that has attracted foreigners to highly-paid positions with global companies’ regional offices. It is the most expensive place to own a car and buy clothes.

This is the second straight year Singapore topped the Economist Intelligence Unit’s World Cost Of Living Survey. Every two years, the survey compares prices in roughly 160 different service and product categories such as transportation, rent and food.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Asia’s best country to work in

As voted by its labour force, Singapore is the best country to earn a living in Asia.
Rankings

Based on the Global Competitiveness Report 2011 – 2012 by the World Economic Forum, besides the city’s standard of living, Singapore’s working conditions are the best in the region as employees are deemed to be better taken care of due to effective labour policies and a general employer mind-set that allows for employees to enjoy a balance in life.

16_best%20country%20to%20work%20in.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Top 2 in Asia for best quality of life

Singapore has been ranked the 2nd place to live, work and play as compared to its neighbouring countries.
Country with best quality of life in Asia

Based on the Quality of Living Worldwide City Rankings in the Mercer Survey 2014, Singapore has the 2nd best environment, facilities and infrastructure available for citizens to enjoy a good quality of life due to a stable political climate, world-class transportation and healthcare system as well as entertainment variety.

17_-in-Asia-to-live-work-and-play-v3.jpg