• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Expert panel to review rules on cycling on the road

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has been argued to death and you won’t get anywhere with this. I pay 3k road tax a year, my car has more rights than those who pay 1k? By the way, no one forces you to buy a car and pay all the charges. It is your choice to pay, just us it is the cyclist choice to go green. You are paying tax not just for the use of the road, but also for the damage you do to the environment. Thus the punitive diesel tax.

The entire spirit of road pricing applied in Singapore is to reduce congestion on the roads.

Cyclists taking up 1 lane on the roads add to congestion.

Even motorcycles are subjected to COE & ERP.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful and heightened your awareness when the word "Expert" is used. especially when comes to science, medical and current affair issues.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The entire spirit of road pricing applied in Singapore is to reduce congestion on the roads.

Cyclists taking up 1 lane on the roads add to congestion.

Even motorcycles are subjected to COE & ERP.
Hmmm... this is the first time I hear that cycling causes congestion. For me I’m ok if cycling is prohibited during peak hours. However, I’m inclined to believe 4 wheel vehicles causes a lot more congestion, especially when half of them have one person inside.