• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, CIMB accept Singapore mobile number.

And you will need to show the bill with your name on it.

CIMB is very responsive even via email. I am very impressed with them.

CIMB Malaysia does accept Sinkie HP number but it'll take about 1 week to activate because they'll need to send to their HQ in KL for approval. If using Malaysian HP number, activation will be immediate.

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok one thing I want to share is if your MY banking account dormant for 1 year ( meaning no transactions ), you will be charge RM10 for the dormant fee...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok one thing I want to share is if your MY banking account dormant for 1 year ( meaning no transactions ), you will be charge RM10 for the dormant fee...

actually the CIMB Airasia savings account in malysia will pay you RM5 for every month your account is dormant, subject to a certain minimum balance limit (i think 5k RM). it's on their website. that's why i'm going to enquire on this and the moneymultiplier acct when i drop by JB CIMB soon.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CIMB Malaysia does accept Sinkie HP number but it'll take about 1 week to activate because they'll need to send to their HQ in KL for approval. If using Malaysian HP number, activation will be immediate.

Yes. CIMB accept Sinkie HP for internet banking. But other banks may not.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amount : RM100.00
SGD Amount : SGD39.26
Avail Bal: .............

Calculated the exchange rate myself, 100/39.26 = 2.54712175
No service charge. So it is indeed true!! Awesome....

I had an account with OCBC Sinkieland. But they told me there will be service charges each time we make withdrawal at their Malaysian branches. Very likely i may close my OCBC local account altogether. May switch to UOB cos latter dont charge additional service charges on their customers when withdrawals are made in Malaysia. Thumbs up for UOB.

Equinox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had an account with OCBC Sinkieland. But they told me there will be service charges each time we make withdrawal at their Malaysian branches. Very likely i may close my OCBC local account altogether. May switch to UOB cos latter dont charge additional service charges on their customers when withdrawals are made in Malaysia. Thumbs up for UOB.

Yes Bro, go and make the switch. OCBC really cut throat!
OCBC
Revision to Foreign Currency Withdrawal Fees
With effect from 18 January 2013, the foreign exchange fee for overseas withdrawal on your OCBC ATM card will be revised to 2.8% of the withdrawal amount.
http://www.ocbc.com.sg/personal-banking/notices.html

UOB
http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/ebanking/atm/cash_withdrawl.html
http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/ebanking/atm/atm-regional_faq.html (No 15)

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually the CIMB Airasia savings account in malysia will pay you RM5 for every month your account is dormant, subject to a certain minimum balance limit (i think 5k RM). it's on their website. that's why i'm going to enquire on this and the moneymultiplier acct when i drop by JB CIMB soon.

* Cash rebate of RM5 will be given if minimum average monthly balance of RM5,000 is maintained with no-over-the counter transaction in any day of the month.

---> no over-the-counter transactions. i.e deposit cash, withdraw cash with bank teller at the counter.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
* Cash rebate of RM5 will be given if minimum average monthly balance of RM5,000 is maintained with no-over-the counter transaction in any day of the month.

---> no over-the-counter transactions. i.e deposit cash, withdraw cash with bank teller at the counter.
Yes, that's it!

franklkk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, CIMB accept Singapore mobile number.
And you will need to show the bill with your name on it.
CIMB is very responsive even via email. I am very impressed with them.

Last week I applied TAC code to be send to my sg Hp by emailing them the application form, Hp bill & my passport. Within 3 days, CIMB replied & informed I have to call their customer service to verify my Hp no. Afterwhich, it takes 5 working days to activate my sg Hp. Now I can using my Internet bank to do all kind of services. They are so efficient. Most important thing is I don't not need to go to My CIMB brand to submit my application.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just did a CIMB sg to CIMB my transfer to test the account, quoted rate of 2.5394....... not bad. the live rate breached 2.590 today but drop back to 2.57xx when i transferred.