• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing your good experience with Cimb, I have opened the saving account in Cimb in Sg and Msia and just received the token yesterday and today made a transfer at 2.5338...the highest so far for me and I am very happy with the rate haha..

I am planning to change at 2.57 next week.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to all the pioneers who shared the lobang on the CIMB free fund transfer.

Just to confirm, the CIMB Sg and My account doesn't have to be the same account holder, right? Meaning if I want, I can perform a free fund transfer from my CIMB Sg account to my brother's CIMB My account?

And for the iBanking for CIMB Sg account, it takes another 3-5 working days for the token to be sent to us? But in the meantime, we should be able to transfer funds to the newly opened CIMB Sg account, right?

Thanks.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah can transfer to third party Cimb Msia account..took more than a week to receive the token..can transfer funds in the meantime to Cimb Sg account

Thanks to all the pioneers who shared the lobang on the CIMB free fund transfer.

Just to confirm, the CIMB Sg and My account doesn't have to be the same account holder, right? Meaning if I want, I can perform a free fund transfer from my CIMB Sg account to my brother's CIMB My account?

And for the iBanking for CIMB Sg account, it takes another 3-5 working days for the token to be sent to us? But in the meantime, we should be able to transfer funds to the newly opened CIMB Sg account, right?

Thanks.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If got 2.57 I will exchange another $10. Love getting better and better rates. It beats changing a large amount at one go.

And it is at your own convenience instead of making our way to money changer, find car park lot and joining the queue or carrying lots of cash and kenna rob.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And it is at your own convenience instead of making our way to money changer, find car park lot and joining the queue or carrying lots of cash and kenna rob.

Yeah very good method, Maybank ought to reflect and scrap the $15 service charge and give better rates haha..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah very good method, Maybank ought to reflect and scrap the $15 service charge and give better rates haha..

so no other banks other than CIMB give this 'sg-my' internet bank exchange service at a similar (free transfer* + good exhange rate?

and what token is that you talking about? is it the same kind used by ocbc / posb /dbs which need to be used to login to internet banking (i.e press a few buttons to get a secret number code type)?

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ouch, the ringgit is still falling! 2.58 now ....

Suspect George Soros is the culprit! Looks like another Asia financial crisis started...

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CIMB definitely the bank we can trust. It doesnt matter who the Chief is related to. Its to our advantageous anyway. 2nd largest bank.

I support CIMB!

Kopikong, tks for the sharing. 6 kopi O coming ur way.:smile:

Malaysia Boleh!

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
CIMB definitely the bank we can trust. It doesnt matter who the Chief is related to. Its to our advantageous anyway. 2nd largest bank.

I support CIMB!

Kopikong, tks for the sharing. 6 kopi O coming ur way.:smile:

Malaysia Boleh!

Actually thanks to snowbird for sharing on this before I add on.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows what are the exchange rates for cash withdrawal using DBS or Citibank ATM cards?

Thanks.

Hi,realised there are free oversea-Msia cash withdrawals via ATM for Maybank sg and Citibank sg account besides UOB sg account. May I know how are the rates as compared to CIMB TT? Saw from cari Chinese forum saying that UOB cash withdrawals is 2.541 in Msia yesterday If so, cash withdrawal is another good option for small sum.

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just activated my UOB (SG) atm card for overseas cash withdrawal. Hope there is no 2.5% service charge impose as claimed by other forumers...

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the UOB FAQ answer.

How do I know what is the exchange rate used for my cash withdrawal transaction?

You may view the foreign and home currency withdrawal details in your statement of accounts.

Is there a way to know in advance what's the forex rate on the day of withdrawal?

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is only 1 Citibank branch in JB.

Johor Bahru
City Plaza, 21, Jalan Tebrau, 80300 Johor Bahru.
Mon-Fri: 9.30am - 4pm
1st & 3rd Saturdays: Closed
2nd, 4th & 5th Saturdays: 9.30am to 12.00pm