• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That means i have to login every month to execute my payments to relevant beneficiary eg payments of electric/water bill, etc? Unlike Spore, Msia is big. I am an alien. Dont even know where to go and pay my bills. So no choice. Go for I-Banking. Even though i be getting my keys end next year.

Yeah just login when you need to execute payment for bills or transfer funds to your own account, no worry very easy.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
That means i have to login every month to execute my payments to relevant beneficiary eg payments of electric/water bill, etc? Unlike Spore, Msia is big. I am an alien. Dont even know where to go and pay my bills. So no choice. Go for I-Banking. Even though i be getting my keys end next year.

You can go to POS or other bill payment outlets to pay excess cash (say $100-200 RM) into your account. The actual expenditure will be deducted monthly, then you top up again like virtual cashcard.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can go to POS or other bill payment outlets to pay excess cash (say $100-200 RM) into your account. The actual expenditure will be deducted monthly, then you top up again like virtual cashcard.

Thanks FHBH. Btw can i use Msian Bank ATM cards to top up cash into my a/c?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks FHBH. Btw can i use Msian Bank ATM cards to top up cash into my a/c?

At AEON in Bukit Indah, you can use your card to draw money from the 3 types of ATM machines (should cover most banks) just outside the POS, then queue up to pay the bills. This is what I normally do.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys.. I summarised the UOB cash withdrawal in Malaysia UOB ATM, another way to get a better rate
http://sgmoney-xchange.blogspot.sg/2013/08/uob-cash-withdrawal-in-malaysia.html

The exchange rate table in your blog refers to UOB Malaysia's website, but there's no Ringgit exchange rate in the UOB Singapore's website. So, it may be tricky as we don't know if eventually, they will use the UOB Malaysia's rate or the (unlisted) UOB Singapore's rate, since the source of the fund is originally from UOB Singapore.

I don't trust our local banks (DBS, UOB, OCBC, etc) as I had experienced before that their foreign exchange rates were usually not competitive. However, if the amount concerned is just a few hundreds (for spending locally), then it's not really significant.

Anyway, just did an instant online funds transfer tonight from CIMB Singapore to CIMB Malaysia at RM2.5271 rate. You can even conveniently check your CIMB Malaysia's latest balance and statement directly from the CIMB Singapore's Internet Banking website as they are both linked.

Last edited:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow....the rate is fantastic! and its free! omg.

The exchange rate table in your blog refers to UOB Malaysia's website, but there's no Ringgit exchange rate in the UOB Singapore's website. So, it may be tricky as we don't know if eventually, they will use the UOB Malaysia's rate or the (unlisted) UOB Singapore's rate, since the source of the fund is originally from UOB Singapore.

I don't trust our local banks (DBS, UOB, OCBC, etc) as I had experienced before that their foreign exchange rates were usually not competitive. However, if the amount concerned is just a few hundreds (for spending locally), then it's not really significant.

Anyway, just did an instant online funds transfer tonight from CIMB Singapore to CIMB Malaysia at RM2.5271 rate. You can even conveniently check your CIMB Malaysia's latest balance and statement directly from the CIMB Singapore's Internet Banking website as they are both linked.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
At AEON in Bukit Indah, you can use your card to draw money from the 3 types of ATM machines (should cover most banks) just outside the POS, then queue up to pay the bills. This is what I normally do.

Sorry. Really alien here. When u say use "my card" to draw money. U mean my bank's ATM card?

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do note CIMB TT transfer is not available from 9pm to 5am daily.

Even if its available, i wouldnt dare execute any transaction during that period of time. Afraid S$ deducted but M$ not credited. Difficult to contact them when its outside office/business hours.

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why Maybank SG still charge $15 service fee for online TT whereas his counterpart (CIMB SG) provide free service? Sigh, looks like I need to open CIMB MY for future transfer ..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why Maybank SG still charge $15 service fee for online TT whereas his counterpart (CIMB SG) provide free service? Sigh, looks like I need to open CIMB MY for future transfer ..

Maybank rate was not as good too, Tues rate (in the afternoon) was 2.514 only..

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybank rate was not as good too, Tues rate (in the afternoon) was 2.514 only..

I have used CIMB for close to 3 years both SG (home loan) and MY (saving, current and FD) and no complaints in term of internet banking, ATM, issuing cheques and 3rd party and interbank transfer. Good bank.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have used CIMB for close to 3 years both SG (home loan) and MY (saving, current and FD) and no complaints in term of internet banking, ATM, issuing cheques and 3rd party and interbank transfer. Good bank.

can i walk into any CIMB branch in SG and ask them to open both a SG account and a MYR linked account ?