• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
changed 1 atm card only use it for few mths (RM18), just bcoz the bank renewed the chip, so cannot use. 10+ kopi gone.. heart pain pain.

Oh you mean the bank changed the chip on ATM card and customer got to pay for the new card? Sg banks mail out such new cards all free...

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ginfreely is right; it's free fund transfer between different Singapore banks via iBanking.

Today TT at Raffles JP at 2.501. Cash rate was 2.487 and Superlink in NB quoted 2.492 over the phone. I wish Raffles Arcade didn't close so early.

It looks like CIMB could be a viable option for long term convenience. I wonder how they make money from the free inter-country fund transfer. Anyone knows if there is a minimum amount to maintain in CIMB Sg every month like DBS/POSB? Or else $2 will be charged.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ginfreely is right; it's free fund transfer between different Singapore banks via iBanking.

Today TT at Raffles JP at 2.501. Cash rate was 2.487 and Superlink in NB quoted 2.492 over the phone. I wish Raffles Arcade didn't close so early.

It looks like CIMB could be a viable option for long term convenience. I wonder how they make money from the free inter-country fund transfer. Anyone knows if there is a minimum amount to maintain in CIMB Sg every month like DBS/POSB? Or else $2 will be charged.

Bank makes good money from the spread between buying and selling and the spread is usually higher than money changer in addition to a service fee. But for CIMB between Sg and My branch, it seems to be just the spread.

For my OCBC account, even with more than $500, the $2 is deducted every month but CIMB no such deduction.

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bank makes good money from the spread between buying and selling and the spread is usually higher than money changer in addition to a service fee. But for CIMB between Sg and My branch, it seems to be just the spread.

For my OCBC account, even with more than $500, the $2 is deducted every month but CIMB no such deduction.

OCBC need to be maintain above $1k to avoid the $2 fall below fees/charges.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, Spore banks don't even charge a cent for inter bank transfer. Actually, I appreciate Spore banks alot more nowadays, everything free like ATM card (Rm8 for Msia banks), bank transfer, credit card etc

malaysia bank sucks.

Last edited:

joegoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can i just open a singapore CIMB account and TT to Malaysia public Bank. What are the charger for different bank.

Hopeful

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monthly average daily balance >$1k should be no charges.

OCBC 360 savings acc, Minimum balance S$3,000 Otherwise, S$2 fee applies.

Current account with a cheque book Minimum balance S$3,000
S$7.50 monthly service fee applies if average monthly balance falls below S$3,000

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, Spore banks don't even charge a cent for inter bank transfer. Actually, I appreciate Spore banks alot more nowadays, everything free like ATM card (Rm8 for Msia banks), bank transfer, credit card etc

Now then i know. Me seldom do I-Banking. Prefer to queue to pay bills. Never believe in GIRO. Got overdeducted several times.

But since i have a property at JB, and for convenience and better TT rate, i decided to go for I-Banking. CIMB seems to be the better choice. Called HL (s) and OCBC (s), both dont impress me at all. Especially OCBC.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry, this GIRO transfer in Msia is different from the Spore GIRO auto deduction. Different bank maybe call it differently, eg Maybank Msia call it GIRO inter bank transfer, HSBC call it local beneficiary (MEPS GIRO), both refer the same thing i.e inter bank transfer of funds from one local Msia bank account to another. Need to initiate the funds transfer and not auto deduction. However, probably also can set standing order instruction to auto transfer at regular interval but I've not tried this before.

Now then i know. Me seldom do I-Banking. Prefer to queue to pay bills. Never believe in GIRO. Got overdeducted several times.

But since i have a property at JB, and for convenience and better TT rate, i decided to go for I-Banking. CIMB seems to be the better choice. Called HL (s) and OCBC (s), both dont impress me at all. Especially OCBC.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine above $1,000 still charge the $2. Being thinking of closing the account as in no time, will eat away my money without doing anything by the bank.

I think the charge could be service fee for the monthly statement they send you.
Change to paperless e-statement and there will be no more charges.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry, this GIRO transfer in Msia is different from the Spore GIRO auto deduction. Different bank maybe call it differently, eg Maybank Msia call it GIRO inter bank transfer, HSBC call it local beneficiary (MEPS GIRO), both refer the same thing i.e inter bank transfer of funds from one local Msia bank account to another. Need to initiate the funds transfer and not auto deduction. However, probably also can set standing order instruction to auto transfer at regular interval but I've not tried this before.

That means i have to login every month to execute my payments to relevant beneficiary eg payments of electric/water bill, etc? Unlike Spore, Msia is big. I am an alien. Dont even know where to go and pay my bills. So no choice. Go for I-Banking. Even though i be getting my keys end next year.