• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
CIMB MY min to open savings acct. - RM1000 (that was almost 3 years ago, now not sure)
CIMB SG - above 500, like all other banks, no monthly service charge.
Limited branches in SG though, one in Raffles Place and the other in Orchard Rd, but then you only need to visit the branch once to open the acct. and activate internet banking at the same time.
It beats keep going to the money changer with cash and line up while you can also check the exchange rate online anytime before deciding to transfer.
As for internet transfer to and from own accounts between banks in SG, its free.

Wow, I just transfer at 2.5206 from CIMB Sg to CIMB MY. Did'nt knows until today that I can get better rate using this than going to Dollar Dex. Dollar dex quoted me TT at 2.49 and I have to pay additional $10.00 service charge for every RM9,900. However the daily limit is capped at RM20,000 which is still better than Dollardex.

Thanks Snowbird for the sharing.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, I just transfer at 2.5206 from CIMB Sg to CIMB MY. Did'nt knows until today that I can get better rate using this than going to Dollar Dex. Dollar dex quoted me TT at 2.49 and I have to pay additional $10.00 service charge for every RM9,900. However the daily limit is capped at RM20,000 which is still better than Dollardex.

Just open account with CIMB sg, but CIMB my account not open yet. Sg branch say can help with paperwork, but need to go to MY branch to put money in and collect the card, tokens etc.....

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
so how does it work? you issue them a cheque in SGD , they convert based on the rate at the time of your transaction, you provide them your bank accout no., then they take a couple of days to send the money over ? And the fee is $10 for any amount?

I brought cash to them and they counted it. So conversion was based on Friday's rate. I had to provide my personal and company details, give them my IC and provide a reason for remitting so much money. The $10 fee was waived in my case because I exceeded RM50k.

I stated that it was for home renovation payment and they asked me for a copy of the invoice. There's no invoice, so I just emailed a photo of the quotation and photo of the wet works done to verify the need for the payment.

That was last Saturday; they said Tuesday money will be in. Today at 2.10pm the money is not in yet. But it should be in by tonight.

Last edited:

Desire61

Just a note caution about my experience with this CIMB online transfer service.
Sometimes transaction is done smoothly while sometimes the transaction might fail but your Sg account is deducted while Msia side don't receive the fund transfer.

It happen to me not once but twice in a span of a few days.
Had to keep calling the customer service the whole day to get it resolved *&^&%$##

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a note caution about my experience with this CIMB online transfer service.
Sometimes transaction is done smoothly while sometimes the transaction might fail but your Sg account is deducted while Msia side don't receive the fund transfer.

It happen to me not once but twice in a span of a few days.
Had to keep calling the customer service the whole day to get it resolved *&^&%$##

I had just checked via cimbclicks. The money is credited immediate to my Malaysian account.

And for CIMB, if your account has more than MR$100,000, it is a preferred account where you don't need to queue to be served through their counter. Also their checking services have no daily limit.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had just checked via cimbclicks. The money is credited immediate to my Malaysian account.

And for CIMB, if your account has more than MR$100,000, it is a preferred account where you don't need to queue to be served through their counter. Also their checking services have no daily limit.

hi, do they have any limits to the amt of TT to a Singaporean account in CIMB (M) ?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, do they have any limits to the amt of TT to a Singaporean account in CIMB (M) ?

The max daily limit they allow me to set is MR$20,000 for CIMB (S) to CIMB (M). For other bank to CIMB (Singaporean account), I thought is a standard MR$10,000.

Last edited:

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just open account with CIMB sg, but CIMB my account not open yet. Sg branch say can help with paperwork, but need to go to MY branch to put money in and collect the card, tokens etc.....

Hi, I just opened my MY CIMB current account thru S'pore CIMB br on Sat and was informed that I can transfer the min M$1000 using I-banking once I received the confirmation letter from them. If you are not applying for the ATM card, then you don't have to go to the MY branch. They can also send you your cheque book at a cost of M$10. :smile:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats for those managed to buy RM at this low rate.

BY RANJIT SINGH
July 30, 2013
Latest Update: July 30, 2013 11:55 pm
M Chronicles

The Malaysian ringgit fell to a 15-year low when it slipped further to hit RM2.586 against the Singapore dollar today, media reports said.

On a yearly basis, the ringgit had fallen by 5.5%, seen as a cheer for Malaysians who work in the island republic.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried internet and walking in transaction with UOB.

Internet you get normal blanket rate the bank set twice daily.

Walk in can give banker instruction and better exchange rate.

Only to City Sq's UOB and back home straight. Seldom shop in JB.
Prefer ION and Takashimaya in Singapore.

There is a huge food court in City Square. (I think it is on the 6th floor)
DAPURKITA Food Mall, should be around 20,000 sq ft with more than 15 food stalls at least.
http://bendingbackwards.blogspot.sg/2013/06/lunch-hour-dapurkita-food-mall.html

View attachment 11440View attachment 11441View attachment 11442

Need car then can cheong mly.
Big food court @ CS. Not a food court goer..

Found my new makan haven in e east. 干一杯! titter.gif

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
thks kopikong. btw, do they charge u any admin fee to trf from CIMB (S) to CIMB (M) ?

It is free.

In fact for my Sg home loan is with CIMB (S) and I have the best rate and service compared to the other Sg bank.

My CIMB (M) is more for issuing cheques and the FD for MM2H. For account above RM $100 K, you are a preferred customer, no need to join queue. So far my experience with them has been good and they have lots of branches and ATM, also in KL. Super convenient with one branch in GP near home and work place.

Now that they have this new TT where they also allows you to link to your MY account where you can also pay/transfer to other bank through Internet is super convenient.

And every cheque that I issued they would call back and confirm before releasing the money. In this respect they are better than Sg bank.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow so good rate, I've no CIMB account and so tried transfer via Maybank today, rate only 2.518 and need to pay $15 service charge. It is not instant transfer but received within the same day.

Dora21

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is free.

In fact for my Sg home loan is with CIMB (S) and I have the best rate and service compared to the other Sg bank.

My CIMB (M) is more for issuing cheques and the FD for MM2H. For account above RM $100 K, you are a preferred customer, no need to join queue. So far my experience with them has been good and they have lots of branches and ATM, also in KL. Super convenient with one branch in GP near home and work place.

Now that they have this new TT where they also allows you to link to your MY account where you can also pay/transfer to other bank through Internet is super convenient.

And every cheque that I issued they would call back and confirm before releasing the money. In this respect they are better than Sg bank.

Is it true, its free no admin charge for tt cimb(s) to cimb (m)?