• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
He means to TT directly from CIMB SG account to CIMB MY acc......yes, the rate wouldnt be gd, but its quite convenient

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
He means to TT directly from CIMB SG account to CIMB MY acc......yes, the rate wouldnt be gd, but its quite convenient

Checked with CIMB banker. He said no fees also apply for TT to 3rd party CIMB MY account. Of course transact at Bank TT FX rate for the day. He also mentioned if have large transfers, the bank can "block buy" the amount 1st, something like that. I didn't asked further as I am only kucing kurap.

Last edited:

SiriusA

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I meant is TT directly from CIMB SG acc CIMB MY acc.
Below is the extracted info from CIMB SG site.

This account is a statement-based account and it provides you with:

Attractive interest rates
Access to internet banking services (CIMB Clicks)
Free funds transfer to CIMB Malaysia account

http://www.cimbbank.com.sg/index.php?ch=sg_per_st&pg=sg_per_st_sav

Although lower rate compared with TT via Raffles Money/Dollar Exchange, it does provide a very convenience way to TT.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, I called Crown Exchange at 11:40am, was quoted TT at 2.503, so happy....when reach there at 12:15pm, I was told the TT rate is 2.50 only. They have to break the amount that I wish to remit at MYR10K per day. Althought they need to break into number of transactions, I was charge for a single TT transaction rate of SGD10.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, can we have the address and tel no of the Bedok money changer. Thank you so much.

GREEN POINT MONEY EXCHANGE
(Buying And Selling Of All Foreign Currency, Please Visit Us, Block 204, Bedok North Street 1, #01-415, Singapore 460204, Telephone: 64444742, Contact Persons: Mohamed Nasar And Mubarak, Handphone Numbers: 94509475 And 98498224)

Do note that what they quote to you over the phone may not be accurate. I got played out a few times already. So just take it with a pinch of salt.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
GREEN POINT MONEY EXCHANGE
(Buying And Selling Of All Foreign Currency, Please Visit Us, Block 204, Bedok North Street 1, #01-415, Singapore 460204, Telephone: 64444742, Contact Persons: Mohamed Nasar And Mubarak, Handphone Numbers: 94509475 And 98498224)

Do note that what they quote to you over the phone may not be accurate. I got played out a few times already. So just take it with a pinch of salt.

i called them yesterday, over phone quote 2.495. didn't manage to go as something came up at work

so would you say, generally, their verbal phone quotes are higher?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
i called them yesterday, over phone quote 2.495. didn't manage to go as something came up at work

so would you say, generally, their verbal phone quotes are higher?

I did encounter higher quotes over the phone, but when I went to them (within 1 hour), it turned out to be untrue and they won't honor what had been transpired over the phone.

I'm just sharing what I had experienced from their services. It may or may not be their usual practice.

Last edited:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raffles moneychanger is professional and honours it. Sometime can get even better rates when go down.
I did encounter higher quotes over the phone, but when I went to them (within 1 hour), it turned out to be untrue and they won't honor what had been transpired over the phone.

I'm just sharing what I had experienced from their services. It may or may not be their usual practice.