• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Made enquiries with Standard Chartered Malaysia. If you have a loan, saving, FD from them and it's more than Rm800K, you are then able to upgrade to Priority Banking. One of the benefits is having a Dual Currency account. Can have base as M'sian and SGD or pair other currencies. The RM, will do it for you. You would also be able to open a Priority Banking account in Singapore without the need to deposit a Large sum of money. Minimum transacted amt. i.e. per transaction per year to keep account from being terminated due to lack of use is Sgd$20K per transaction. No Inbound or Outbound charges. No maintenance charges ( well you've would be paying some kind of charge on your loan or in the case of the savings, SCB would have made money on your deposited money....)
There is NO limit on the amount of money you can remit over to the M'sian account!!

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news for Singaporean. Just TT MYR100K at Parkway (they liaise with bank - no amt limit!) @ 2.503, and with no charges! :smile:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no limit if you TT to your developer housing account. Raffles has no charges from RM50000 onwards. RM10000 limit if you send to your non-Malaysian personal account.
Good news for Singaporean. Just TT MYR100K at Parkway (they liaise with bank - no amt limit!) @ 2.503, and with no charges! :smile:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no limit if you TT to your developer housing account. Raffles has no charges from RM50000 onwards. RM10000 limit if you send to your non-Malaysian personal account.

It was to my personal account, as mentioned they liaise with bank, so no limit :smile:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I posted at length on how to do this earlier. Other banks- UOB, HSBC etc also offer this.The advanatge is you can choose to convert at a good rate and get paid interest at the same time. But there is a minimum amount for dual currency accounts, at UOB its 25)Ringgit or equivalent. Although I have priority banking at Stanchart I havent asked them what their minimum is as I am comfortable with my UOB banker. Do you know what the minimum amount is with Stanchart?
Made enquiries with Standard Chartered Malaysia. If you have a loan, saving, FD from them and it's more than Rm800K, you are then able to upgrade to Priority Banking. One of the benefits is having a Dual Currency account. Can have base as M'sian and SGD or pair other currencies. The RM, will do it for you. You would also be able to open a Priority Banking account in Singapore without the need to deposit a Large sum of money. Minimum transacted amt. i.e. per transaction per year to keep account from being terminated due to lack of use is Sgd$20K per transaction. No Inbound or Outbound charges. No maintenance charges ( well you've would be paying some kind of charge on your loan or in the case of the savings, SCB would have made money on your deposited money....)
There is NO limit on the amount of money you can remit over to the M'sian account!!

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to everyone interested, it is SINO Money Changer @ Parkway (near to the entrance of the mall facing the main road). Actually there is another one (liaise with bank) I know of at Arcade, but it's rate is not as good as this one at Parkway. Raffles quoted TT 2.502 at the same point of time. SINO used to only can remit MYR10K, only lately they have such lobang. Hope many other Money Changers follow so that SINO will not be "flooded" by cash after this post....hehe :smile:

Last edited:

SiriusA

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those with CIMB acc.. TT can be done from SG acc to MY acc without any charges. Daily limit is MYR20K, ~S$8K++

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
first time i saw in acrade money changer offer RM1 note for the rate of 2.5 , not bad .
I was wondering whats wrong ? the monecy changer told me just that they want to get rid as they have a lot ....
anyway , today rate is 2497 .

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those with CIMB acc.. TT can be done from SG acc to MY acc without any charges. Daily limit is MYR20K, ~S$8K++

sorry if this is silly question, but.. how does it work? Withdraw from CIMB SG Acc, go to moneychanger with best rates (say.. parkway p), then go back to CIMB and ask them to TT over for free? Is that how it works?

Or TT directly from CIMB SG Acc. But then , the bank interest rate would suck , right?

Last edited: