• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
TT small amount last month on 27th, rate 2.398.

Now suddenly 2.50.

But I am not complaining as I need to remit every month. Hope it can hit 2.55. :p

Last edited:

SageC

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just called up Raffles MC at Jurong Point, their remittance rate now is 2.478. Yesterday it was 2.475, but yesterday I managed to get 2.478 when I was remitting ringgit 30,000. Can bargain with them for large amounts. So today probably can get 2.48 at least.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
A sign that there are many redemptions taking place. As evident in the regional bourses.

I was advised by a friend that a good way to convert SGD into Ringgit is by using a Derivative account. We will be paid interest ( as much as 5% ) on our SGD deposit till it reaches its strike price, then converted. Has anyone done this? Am wondering what other costs are there? I understand we have to TT the money over. Am thinking of doing it from UOB here to UOB in JB. I need to convert a big amount now, a few hundred K so thought this may be a good time.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you transfer funds from your account under CIMB Spore to your Malaysia account under CIMB Malaysia online, there is no transaction/admin charge involved.

Rate is quite . Today is 2.472.