• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Flames878

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just did TT at 2.43 at Raffles Clifford.

Today is one day you get a better rate at moneychanger than at PBs or even the interbank rate !

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea if this rate is set to go up further against us or stabilise around this level? I hope not.Am hoping it will revert to old levels of at least 2.48. I have a loan to service and while I have gained on what I've paid so far, my condo has suddenly gone up in price as in remaining portion( unpaid) now will cost more in SGD. I took a loan from a Malaysian bank. Am wondering if we borrow from a Singapore bank, are we cushioned against Forex as in do we lock in rates as we pay in SGD? For future purchases I may want to do that if that is so.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea if this rate is set to go up further against us or stabilise around this level? I hope not.Am hoping it will revert to old levels of at least 2.48. I have a loan to service and while I have gained on what I've paid so far, my condo has suddenly gone up in price as in remaining portion( unpaid) now will cost more in SGD. I took a loan from a Malaysian bank. Am wondering if we borrow from a Singapore bank, are we cushioned against Forex as in do we lock in rates as we pay in SGD? For future purchases I may want to do that if that is so.

That is because ringgit strengthened... but it could have gone other way.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean if results had gone another way? Not much chance of that . I hope this is just knee jerk reaction although I understand analysts are expecting it to remain higher than it was pre-election. For big ticket items , its gonna make a big difference.