• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh , someone snipped my reputation pts for this thread . so if u hope for 2.5 rate , am sure he will snip yr pts n leave unpleasant remarks.
he called me cheapskates loser , haha ! but he have no guts to leave down his nick for me to reply him ...

Hi Crystal_tiong, thank you for upping my rep :smile:
Will up you back when I have the power to do so because you've contributed a lot in this thread. Thanks for your sharing of FX rates.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's really low. When in JB, u need to be selective. Some give much higher rates than others. And rule of thumb, avoid money changer at commercial buildings including all shopping malls and CIQ :smile:

Another rule of thumb, always add +3 to their display rate to have a better gauge of the actual exchange rate ... If u cant get the +3, always verify with other changers be it in JB or SG to double check if you are exchanging the best value. No issue if the amount is small tho.

Was in JB yesterday 29 Mar.
Rate was RM2.40

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious, do you all really change money so frequently and in such large amounts?

I typically change at one of the money changers at Bukit Indah near HH. Got a rate of 2.42 on Mon and perhaps I could have gotten a slightly better rate of 2.427 in SG but the difference over SGD10k is only SGD70. Is this penny wise pound foolish considering the petrol/parking/time factor?