• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time to remit funds from abroad.
Plenty of cheap properties to grab.
Knife sharpening time. Chop! Chop!

Machete-sharpening.jpg

Last edited:

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fed raise rates is 1 factor. Forex shark will weakened it as long as the in-fighting among the prominent parties iare alive & kicking. 1MDB/Goldman Sacs questionable bond deal are under investigation by FBI/US DOJ and also our MAS investigation on BSI for money laundering will ensured weakness.

Plenty of juicy news ahead.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fed raise rates is 1 factor. Forex shark will weakened it as long as the in-fighting among the prominent parties iare alive & kicking. 1MDB/Goldman Sacs questionable bond deal are under investigation by FBI/US DOJ and also our MAS investigation on BSI for money laundering will ensured weakness.

Plenty of juicy news ahead.

Both the Swiss and the MAS had completed their investigation on the BSI which was found guilty of abetting serious money laundering of billions$$$ for their client 1MDB.
The Swiss authority had fined BSI US$95.89 million, the amount equivalent to the profit the bank made from this client. (Can you imagine how much those rascals spend on the rogue bankers to help them and this is only one of the banks).
MAS had already fined the BSI branch in SG for US$9.6 million and ordered the branch shut and had also recommended 6 bankers to the AG Office for prosecution.
The court trial, which was brought forward to the coming weeks, are on the main culprit, Yeo, the banker who handled the accounts linked to 1MDB.
For the mega amount involved, this guy will be in for big trouble unless he bargain for lighter sentence by turning star witness.
If not, when found guilty, he may be jailed for life because this is the most serious money laundering case involving billions in the SG's history, setting a precedent warning future wannabes.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian bank lending rate will increase also?

Anyway, if RM drops further, it's a good opportunity NOW to get more Iskandar properties. Well, at least according to the advice of the usual speakers at Malaysian property talks.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyway, if RM drops further, it's a good opportunity NOW to get more Iskandar properties. Well, at least according to the advice of the usual speakers at Malaysian property talks.

Some people says that some time after the summer holidays in Europe and the US, the courts there will be proceeding with the money laundering case involving 1MDB.
Wonder will these coming events affect the RM, the market and the political scene in MY?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why only Iskandar properties? Why residentials only? Why only buy to rent? Why not buy land and keep?
Why not buy facotries to let? Why not buy Penang or KLCC?

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why only Iskandar properties? Why residentials only? Why only buy to rent? Why not buy land and keep?
Why not buy facotries to let? Why not buy Penang or KLCC?

Forgot to add:

No money, don't buy.
Do not think you can use borrowed money to make lots of money.
Maybe can make little bit after paying back bank interests and don't complain as that money is not yours in the first place.
You are just making money for the bank and taking lots of risks.

You put FD in Spore, the rate is 1.6%
You put FD in Malaysia, the rate is 4.5%
You borrow money in Malaysia, the rate is 8%
Your rental yield in Iskandar, <5% if you are lucky.

So do what you want.

Last edited:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. No money don't buy. Don't buy to say bye to your properties at Auctions

Forgot to add:

No money, don't buy.
Do not think you can use borrowed money to make lots of money.
Maybe can make little bit after paying back bank interests and don't complain as that money is not yours in the first place.
You are just making money for the bank and taking lots of risks.

You put FD in Spore, the rate is 1.6%
You put FD in Malaysia, the rate is 4.5%
You borrow money in Malaysia, the rate is 8%
Your rental yield in Iskandar, <5% if you are lucky.

So do what you want.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
According Asian Nikkei Review's report, Malaysian public debt had swelled to 54.5% of its gross domestic product in 2015, up from 40% in 2008 and near a state-imposed ceiling of 55%.
This rate is the highest since 1992, and far above Indonesia's 29% and Thailand's 31%.
The government's guarantee of 1MDB's debts will be adding US$7.5 billion, or 2.5% of GDP to its balance sheet.
The RM and stock market have been under pressure from funds outflow, with foreign selling for the sixth consecutive week through June 3.
Foreign net inflows have been reduced by half to 1.28 billion RM so far this year.
There is fear that there might be a ratings downgrade that could trigger a sell-off in the country's equity and bond market and add pressure on the RM.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Markets/Capi...ger-Malaysia-credit-downgrade-analysts?page=1

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
According Asian Nikkei Review's report, Malaysian public debt had swelled to 54.5% of its gross domestic product in 2015, up from 40% in 2008 and near a state-imposed ceiling of 55%.
This rate is the highest since 1992, and far above Indonesia's 29% and Thailand's 31%.
The government's guarantee of 1MDB's debts will be adding US$7.5 billion, or 2.5% of GDP to its balance sheet.
The RM and stock market have been under pressure from funds outflow, with foreign selling for the sixth consecutive week through June 3.
Foreign net inflows have been reduced by half to 1.28 billion RM so far this year.
There is fear that there might be a ratings downgrade that could trigger a sell-off in the country's equity and bond market and add pressure on the RM.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Markets/Capi...ger-Malaysia-credit-downgrade-analysts?page=1

Very chim for me leh. Pubic debt high vs gdp good or bad?

World position No. 1. Japan 226.1%, No. 4. Italy 133%, No. 12 Singapore 105.5%, No 19 United kingdom 91.1%, No. 56 Malaysia 54.6%, No. 129 Rwanda 23.5%......

Must be higher better..strong country high debt ratio, weak country low debt ratio.

Veli confuse.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very chim for me leh. Pubic debt high vs gdp good or bad?

World position No. 1. Japan 226.1%, No. 4. Italy 133%, No. 12 Singapore 105.5%, No 19 United kingdom 91.1%, No. 56 Malaysia 54.6%, No. 129 Rwanda 23.5%......

Must be higher better..strong country high debt ratio, weak country low debt ratio.

Veli confuse.

If Government no money, just borrow more and more. Japan so high in debt, do you see them bankrupt?
Sell more bonds and if not enough, print more bonds and sell lagi.

Most important is I must have money :smile: Other people no money, it is their problems.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Government no money, just borrow more and more. Japan so high in debt, do you see them bankrupt?
Sell more bonds and if not enough, print more bonds and sell lagi.

Most important is I must have money :smile: Other people no money, it is their problems.

This is where you don't understand!

Every country has different ratings based on many factors and there are several international ratings on a country's credibility.
Some has high grading like Singapore, UK, Switzerland at AAA in the Fitch rating against MY's A-.
AAA are the best quality borrowers, reliable and stable and international banks will fight tooth and nail to service this country..
Once you are on a lower scale, the interest on the borrowing will usually be much higher and maybe only certain banks are willing to service.
Take a big loan and you'll be in big trouble.
Good example 1MDB, the interest generated is as much as USD300 million/annum which means about USD1 million per day!!!!!
And worse, 1MDB had already defaulted TWICE this year and this is definitely bad for the country's future borrowing and its rating!

Hope you now understand better.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is where you don't understand!

Every country has different ratings based on many factors and there are several international ratings on a country's credibility.
Some has high grading like Singapore, UK, Switzerland at AAA in the Fitch rating against MY's A-.
AAA are the best quality borrowers, reliable and stable and international banks will fight tooth and nail to service this country..
Once you are on a lower scale, the interest on the borrowing will usually be much higher and maybe only certain banks are willing to service.
Take a big loan and you'll be in big trouble.
Good example 1MDB, the interest generated is as much as USD300 million/annum which means about USD1 million per day!!!!!
And worse, 1MDB had already defaulted TWICE this year and this is definitely bad for the country's future borrowing and its rating!

Hope you now understand better.

I only understand when I have money or no money.
I have no liking for how the country is run. I might be selfish but in the end of the day, I look after my own pockets.

You can look after other country's monetary policies.