• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex-Sinkie mate in Supreme Court ! We bring honour to Singapore ?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am so proud of this ex-sinkie Ah Beng. Don't play play..

http://manningham-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/court-gives-cars-a-park/

Alex Hoe and wife Kaz are in dispute with council over the number of cars he has on his property.

LOWER Templestowe motor enthusiast Alex Hoe has partially won a Supreme Court battle to keep his collection of 10 sports cars on his block.

But his fight to enjoy his hobby at home looks set to continue with the Manningham Council flagging further legal action.

Representing himself, Mr Hoe - who races and exhibits his cars in auto salon shows - took the council to Victoria’s highest court this month risking a legal bill of more than $35,000.

It followed council action last year ordering his collection of cars - parked at the front, side and rear of his house - to be reduced from 10 to four.

In a monumental decision last week, Justice Robert Osborn ruled the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal decision, on which the council based its order to remove the cars, should be changed. Specifically, Justice Osborn said the declaration that Mr Hoe’s hobby changed his land use from dwelling to “store” under the Manningham Planning Scheme - making it unlawful without a permit - should be deleted.

Justice Osborn said although Mr Hoe does need a council permit, he could be eligible to have his property classified as a “car park”.

Unlike a store, a car park permit would not require Mr Hoe to have his cars in a building and would mean he could live at the site.

But until Mr Hoe gets the car park permit, the council considers his land - with the cars - in breach of the planning scheme, leaving him open to enforcement action.

Council director of planning and environment Paul Molan said it was yet to be tested whether someone in Mr Hoe’s situation qualified for a car park permit.

However in a statement, council chief Lydia Wilson raised the prospect of further legal action.

She said the council was “‘concerned about the precedent that an approval could set”.

“It is not considered in the interests of the community to transform private residential land into car parking,” she said.

Mr Hoe said the Supreme Court ruling proved the council made a mistake.

He called for them to sit down with him and discuss the matter.

“They need to take a sensitive and practical approach rather than a regimental one,” Mr Hoe said.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was called up for Jury duties last year. The case I attended was related to council matters as well.
We were given a quick video on how the legal system works.
2 of us were spare members and not selected.
No lunch provided :(

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I knew a few blokes who are selected for jury duties, I guess you guys are the pure breed - zero & clean records.

A few of us in Melbourne are exempted, due to our heroic track records. Haha..

Our names (i.e. axe168) are in VCAT Tribunal, High Court and Supreme Court.

Some of the council staff don't really know what they are doing.. taking them to Court is an easy task..

In Council, breaching of Planning Act, Local Govt Act and Building Regulations/Bldg Act. You have to be well versed to win a legal battle.

Those fools can't even interpret or apply their Act accordingly, anyhow issuing Show Cause Notice or Enforcement Notice..

Hence, go to for a final decision.

:-)

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kan nin nah, buy so many cars for fuck and use residential property to park his cars. Sure enough caught neighbours attention and complaint to Council. Siow boh! got money to buy so many cars and yet no money to buy a commercial property to park his shit cars!

If I am judge I'll fuck this fucking Hoe shit! Can park 10 cars, next time park 1 747plane lah! Use common sense than behave like an arrogant angmoh!

I knew a few blokes who are selected for jury duties, I guess you guys are the pure breed - zero & clean records.

A few of us in Melbourne are exempted, due to our heroic track records. Haha..

Our names (i.e. axe168) are in VCAT Tribunal, High Court and Supreme Court.

Some of the council staff don't really know what they are doing.. taking them to Court is an easy task..

In Council, breaching of Planning Act, Local Govt Act and Building Regulations/Bldg Act. You have to be well versed to win a legal battle.

Those fools can't even interpret or apply their Act accordingly, anyhow issuing Show Cause Notice or Enforcement Notice..

Hence, go to for a final decision.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. you jealous is it ? He is also doing his chicken business mah. There are plenty of opportunities in Australia !

He has 2 Supras, 3 GTR, Lexus, Land Cruisers etc.. if you are in Melbourne and you are interested, I can get you a discount !

In Mel, you bet we are arrogant enough to be a predator :-)

Kan nin nah, buy so many cars for fuck and use residential property to park his cars. Sure enough caught neighbours attention and complaint to Council. Siow boh! got money to buy so many cars and yet no money to buy a commercial property to park his shit cars!

If I am judge I'll fuck this fucking Hoe shit! Can park 10 cars, next time park 1 747plane lah! Use common sense than behave like an arrogant angmoh!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being called up for Jury duty is a strange experience. It is like getting a Mindef letter asking you to report for NS. After living so carefree from Singapore compulsary "nation serving" duties, this jury letter is like an attack on my freedom. It is hard to turn down jury duties.

Nothing to do with pure breed. It is more like servanthood. I suspect that they like calling (ex) public servants who have police clearance.

Local council planning laws are stupid. What else can I say. How many corruption cases have my local council (City of Stirling) staff and elected councillors committed. They are forever getting themselves in trouble.

DUTIES
This is only 1 of the 4 duties a citizen needs to serve.

Australian citizens enjoy the following rights (subject to certain exceptions):
  • entitlement to an Australian passport and to Australian consular assistance overseas
  • entitlement to leave Australia and return at any time without any immigration restrictions
  • immunity from deportation
  • entitlement to register overseas born children as Australian citizens by descent (subject to some additional criteria)
  • entitlement to seek employment by the Federal (Commonwealth) Government, or in the Australian Defence Force (where citizenship is normally required)
  • entitlement to vote and stand for public office (dual citizens cannot stand for office in the Federal Parliament unless they have taken all reasonable steps to renounce their foreign citizenship. Most states do allow dual citizens to stand for State Parliaments).

The following responsibilities are expected of Australian citizens:
  • obey the law
  • defend Australia should the need arise
  • enrol to vote, and vote at all elections and referenda (unless there is a reasonable excuse such as a religious objection, being overseas or illness on polling day)
  • serve on a jury, if called upon

AUSTRALIAN JOKE.

A rather well educated pretty Sydney Uni Professor decided that she would take a bit of time out in the country and went to a place advertising for lemon pickers. It was a lovely day when she spoke to the managing fruit grower who asked her if she had ever had any experience in picking lemons before; her answer was thus .. "Well, as a matter of fact, I have! I've been divorced three times, owned 2 Holdens, supported South Sydney, and I voted for Julia Gillard."

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, what a lemon !!

AUSTRALIAN JOKE.

A rather well educated pretty Sydney Uni Professor decided that she would take a bit of time out in the country and went to a place advertising for lemon pickers. It was a lovely day when she spoke to the managing fruit grower who asked her if she had ever had any experience in picking lemons before; her answer was thus .. "Well, as a matter of fact, I have! I've been divorced three times, owned 2 Holdens, supported South Sydney, and I voted for Julia Gillard."

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha.. you jealous is it ? He is also doing his chicken business mah. There are plenty of opportunities in Australia !

He has 2 Supras, 3 GTR, Lexus, Land Cruisers etc.. if you are in Melbourne and you are interested, I can get you a discount !

In Mel, you bet we are arrogant enough to be a predator :-)

There is this Old Money tudor style house on the other side of Mt Lawley where I live that has many cars as well. Mostly vintage Rolls Royce, Bentley & Mercedes-Benz. I use this road to get into the city and once, while waiting for the traffic to clear, a slim lady in her 40s dashed across the garage naked into the house. That set the car behind me into a honking franzy. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Birds and cars make great company. honk honk!
But not the house, a bit ran down.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is this Old Money tudor style house on the other side of Mt Lawley where I live that has many cars as well. Mostly vintage Rolls Royce, Bentley & Mercedes-Benz. I use this road to get into the city and once, while waiting for the traffic to clear, a slim lady in her 40s dashed across the garage naked into the house. That set the car behind me into a honking franzy. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Birds and cars make great company. honk honk!
But not the house, a bit ran down.

I gotto to be honest Bro, he has a superb wife ! Typical Japanese submissive wife that a successful man needs ! A predator lion needs his partner by the side to do great stuff - fully supportive.

I helped him to fight a VCAT case for placing satellite dish on his roof, as usual we won again. Hehe.

Manningham Council has tasted 2 lost battles, I guess they will leave him alone for now on.. Happy ending !

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Over in Stirling Perth, the residents are too rich to take bus. So rich that they do not want public buses to enter the estate. :biggrin: IT is all cars cars cars. Mazda 6 is very popular. Buses are too dangerous for pedestrians, but no complaints over my speeding car :smile: Miss Lenzo sound like Italian. Her suburbs have Italian drivers, can tell from the burnouts on the roads. :biggrin:
This is Perth comfy thinking. :biggrin:

How to explain to my Singaporean visitors why there are so few bus routes here???

The TransPerth 428 bus service was launched last month, providing a 16-hour-a-day service that travelled through Roselea Estate on its trips between Stirling and Warwick railway stations.

Mother-of-two Silvana Lenzo, who presented Transport Minister Troy Buswell with a 200-signature petition objecting to the bus route, said it was a potential death trap.

“Everyone knows everyone else, all the kids go to the park and there’s a lot of foot traffic, because it’s been really safe in here,” she said.

“With the buses coming through it’s become dangerous. We get about 400 buses a week, coming every seven minutes in peak times.

http://www.inmycommunity.com.au/news-and-views/local-news/Bus-route-splits-estate/7610159/

Last edited: