• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex SAF chief turned PAPpy belittles neighbourhood schools

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - It may be "sexy" to call for a reduction in defence expenditure to spend more on social benefits but Singapore should never take peace for granted, said former army chief Major-General (NS) Chan Chun Sing, who kicked off his official introduction into politics taking aim at the call by the Opposition.

No country with the size and composition of Singapore has survived more than 100 years in the history of South-east Asia, he pointed out.

"We must always be prepared and never take for granted the peace that we have," said MG (NS) Chan, who spent 23 years with the Singapore Armed Forces.

He added: "We owe it to ourselves, we owe it to our nation to make sure that we do not get carried away by this populist sentiment. Defence is a long-term business, not a short-term business."

Married with two children - aged 10 and two - MG (NS) Chan was army attache to Jakarta between 2001 and 2003. In his introduction yesterday, he impressed with a short speech in Bahasa Indonesia, on top of switching between English and Mandarin.

While he may have traded his army greens for whites, MG (NS) Chan peppered his speech yesterday with his personal experiences in the army, while sounding a rally call to fellow citizens.

"I do believe, like I always tell my men, if we stay cohesive, stay united, then even Ghim Moh Secondary School will beat RJC (Raffles Junior College)," said the RJC alumnus.

Asked about sentiment concerning new citizens who became Singaporeans - and one possibly becoming a Member of Parliament - even though they had not served National Service, MG (NS) Chan said he would rather look at their potential contributions to Singapore.

Only by doing so can Singapore be more inclusive, and continue to attract the best talent here "to build a common future", he added.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why he chose Ghim Moh Sec as an example. Don't tell me he was from that school before he went to RJC.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
These SAF generals tend to be scholars. Basically at 19 they became generals already. Their future was decided at that age.

This guy is 42 years old. He begins with saying he has spent 23 years with the army. That means since 19 years old he has been with the army? What about university?

In terms of life experience eg looking for a job, getting fired, getting hired, getting cheated, etc what does he know? It doesn't show through in his "speech" rather address of the nation perhaps?

He draws illustrations that he will never forget and even shaped his life decisions from school days. Deciding to go to RJC from RI?

Man.

Talk about having your life "end" after JC.

And we want these people to lead the country? Handle the economy?

Singapore is a yatch. I agree. No city state has been able to survive more than 100 years? Is that a fact?

Singapore is not a "super tanker country"? I agree as well.

I guess it helps when the yatch crew has been replaced with a different one brought in from the super tanker eh?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
19 already sign on liao on scholarship.........so time spent in uni also counted as soldier.

These SAF generals tend to be scholars. Basically at 19 they became generals already. Their future was decided at that age.

This guy is 42 years old. He begins with saying he has spent 23 years with the army. That means since 19 years old he has been with the army? What about university?

In terms of life experience eg looking for a job, getting fired, getting hired, getting cheated, etc what does he know? It doesn't show through in his "speech" rather address of the nation perhaps?

He draws illustrations that he will never forget and even shaped his life decisions from school days. Deciding to go to RJC from RI?

Man.

Talk about having your life "end" after JC.

And we want these people to lead the country? Handle the economy?

Singapore is a yatch. I agree. No city state has been able to survive more than 100 years? Is that a fact?

Singapore is not a "super tanker country"? I agree as well.

I guess it helps when the yatch crew has been replaced with a different one brought in from the super tanker eh?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
What do you expect. 23 years in the army since the age of 19. Sure out of touch.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I do believe, like I always tell my men, if we stay cohesive, stay united, then even Ghim Moh Secondary School will beat RJC (Raffles Junior College)," said the RJC alumnus.

This one sounds more like what an opposition politician or an ACJC or HCI ex-student firebrand would say. :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
I wonder why he chose Ghim Moh Sec as an example. Don't tell me he was from that school before he went to RJC.

No lah bro, he used that example because when he was in RJC, Ghim Moh secondary school was nearby.
Maybe he didn't realise that both no longer there, maybe he should walk the ground more often. :rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tis burger is show-offy, big-toker n a typical bookworm, 10-yr series mugger ...

... he impressed with a short speech in Bahasa Indonesia, on top of switching between English and Mandarin ...
was he speaking 2 indon ft's? ... if not, y was there a nid 2 used bahasa indon? ... how many locals can understand wtf he was toking about in bahasa indon? ...

other dan showing off, watz his purpose can b? ...

... "I do believe, like I always tell my men, if we stay cohesive, stay united, then even Ghim Moh Secondary School will beat RJC (Raffles Junior College)," ...
ya, man! ...

he mite as well copy dat ah tan n say sg can oso win world cup ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OH ya!! Who provide peace, our NS Men and not some foreign morons who faked talent here. If the latter quantity surpassed our NS Men, Singaporeans will be left defenseless. Those who vote for sustainability and stability should vote for opposition parties. Those who stand along PAP go eat shit and don't bull shit.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you expect. 23 years in the army since the age of 19. Sure out of touch.

He has never been in touch in the first place so cannot be out of touch. He lives in a world of his own. Scholars are very well protected in the civil service and military. They are not capable of errors. If this joker becomes an MP, he won't be able to genuinely understand ground problems and reality.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Every single NS man out there will know what the SAF generals are like. And there are a lot of NS men out there. These days being some scholar from the SAF is more of a hindrance in politics.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has never been in touch in the first place so cannot be out of touch. He lives in a world of his own. Scholars are very well protected in the civil service and military. They are not capable of errors. If this joker becomes an MP, he won't be able to genuinely understand ground problems and reality.

True, bro. SAF generals are only used to give orders to be served by their subordinates and not receive orders to serve the people. Juz look at all the generals co-opted in previous elections starting from our PM.