• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex-HDB CEO: HDB flats used to cost 3X median annual salary

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hdb is just behaving like every $$ making corporations. surely u would notice why the same product is selling at different price at different countries. it after market research, the corporation will price the product at a level where the customer is comfortable and competitive against rivals and maximium profit.

no problem when private enterprises are trying to max profit but govt stats boards are also joining in. the spore frogs are being boil alive.:rolleyes:

personally i dont give a shit about this ex or former chenghu ppl said, as far as i am concern, they are part of the gang that robbing the citizens, so they too shd be hanging from lampost with their ex, former or whatever colleagues.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
personally i dont give a shit about this ex or former chenghu ppl said, as far as i am concern, they are part of the gang that robbing the citizens, so they too shd be hanging from lampost with their ex, former or whatever colleagues.
Well said........showing remorse will not get them off scot free.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. maybe, such top dog may run for the presidency hoh.
3. veri good money & nothing to do mah:biggrin:

tomahawk

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/are-shrinking-hdb-flats-really-affordable-20130320

Are 'shrinking' HDB flats really affordable?

Published on Mar 20, 2013

AS A parent of three, I have been following the Population White Paper debate and the recent budget announcements with concern.

The Government says it will build infrastructure well ahead of demand ("Major shift in planning strategy: Khaw"; Feb 7). We are assured that HDB flats will always remain "affordable". But these assurances are not convincing.

My colleague, who recently got married at 30, just took over his HDB flat in Punggol. He laments that his three-bedroom apartment of 93 sq m has a kitchen that can barely fit two people across its width. Costing $300,000, the 99-year leasehold flat comes with a 30-year loan. So my colleague will be in debt until he reaches 60. Is his flat really "affordable"?

My concern is that new flat sizes will continue to shrink, and be restricted by tenure and other parameters.

Singaporeans can calculate the price per square foot and compare values of HDB flats, and not just consider the absolute price. While many have little choice but to accept things as they are, the taste will be bitter.

Also, the national imperative that we should procreate for our own survival is dis-incentivised.

Take my colleague, for instance. His focus now is on his career, as there is not much space for a baby. Plus, he has to always remain employed, to make the loan repayments. At the prime of his and his wife's fertile period, their focus has turned to money-making, not baby-making.

Prices of new flats should be frozen for the next 10 years. Also, flat sizes must increase by at least 10 per cent, that is, carve out space for couples to grow a family.

Will these work? Nothing else has, so why not give these a try?

Ng Mingyu (Madam)

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It will never be "focus on affordability"

The moment you see those maggots in white use the word affordability, you are guaranteed that you are being screwed and fucked of your $$$$ by them.
$$$$ that will go to smear of shit LKY Stinkapore sovereign fund, and those maggots that get him money be rewarded.

At your expense.

Singaporeans nothing but arses to be fucked and screwed by them for the $$$$ that they can get.

WE ALL WORK HARD THAT 2016 EVERYONE MOTHERFUCKER OF THOSE IN WHITE BE KICKED OUT AND NO MORE SUCKING AND FUCKING OF US AND OUR MONEY

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
another ex-civil servant or journalist or perm sec who discovered he has a brain only after leaving the service.

so now what? wait for people to quit the gahment before they do good for the people?

siao kns

hearthard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from a few architect friends that a 3-room only cost $50K and a 5-room $120K to build. Did we hear any architect comment publicly on the building cost? Never. Why? Fear!

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another ex-civil servant or journalist or perm sec who discovered he has a brain only after leaving the service.

so now what? wait for people to quit the gahment before they do good for the people?

siao kns

Just another example of a PAP member trying to distance themselves from the Lee regime. Expect more of this with the decline of the Lee era :wink:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
When old fart kick the bucket more ex-MIW will come out
To criticize the flawed pap policies of the last 20 years that are
Messing up n destroying the lives of sinkees.
So far who speak up...ngiam ex-EDB, Wong ex-Isd,lim chong yah ....

hearthard

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha... someone deducted my points and privately spill vulgarities at me. So what I said is true and someone just can't handle the truth :smile:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
At a lecture on the Singapore Public Housing Story, organised by the Centre for Liveable Cities on 20 March 2013, Dr Liu Thai Ker, who was ex-CEO of HDB and URA, made the call for public housing to return to the basics.

Dr Liu said the goal should be affordability.

Dr Liu’s call was backed by former Senior Minister of State and HDB Chairman Aline Wong, who reiterated that the purpose of public housing is to “provide a shelter over everybody’s heads”.

Is that a reason why they are 'former' and 'ex-CEO'?

I am looking forward to hear what the former PMs have to say,so far they have consistently say that all are well, meaning they are doing well under PM Lee.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard from a few architect friends that a 3-room only cost $50K and a 5-room $120K to build. Did we hear any architect comment publicly on the building cost? Never. Why? Fear!
not fear la ... architects earn by taking a %age of project cost ... u want dem 2 take home less moni? ...