• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex convict, founder of eighteen chef; no such thing as manpower crunch

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

523538_10151508300034591_1020038492_n.jpg

Foreign workers who were once getting red carpet treatment because they were prepared to work cheap & longer hours are facing tougher times . Their presence seems heading for at least a temporary decline . Recently , i attended a dialogue session together with a group of bosses from the F&B establishment hosted by a MP . He repeatedly stress that the government is not going to open the tap for foreign workers and we have to innovate , think of ways to attain productivity ...
I think i am the only one not affected by the labor crunch at the meeting . :P
In the past six years we had a steady streams of workers or you can call them beneficiaries waiting for employment , thanks to my efficient HR team . There is a large pool of untapped resources (ex convicts) out there awaiting to fill your employment gaps ... Eighteen Chefs is now approved by e2i www.e2i.com.sg to train them and pass it on to other F&B players . Of course i will keep the best for ourselves..
One restaurant owner wanting to tap on our resources ask , "Chef , can you guarantee they don't give problems..." Alamak , even you hire a professional , there is a chance they will screw up your operation lah . What guarantee you talking about ! You need to treat your workers well and they will treat you with respect ..
At Eighteen Chefs :
1) We pay our employees competitive salary .
2) 8 hours work day no split shift , anything more than that is consider OT X1.5 hourly .
3) Plan a career path for our workers .
example# 1 ..A single mum dishwasher is now my Asst. Manager
example# 2.. A hardcore drug addict is now my Head Chef
4) we go all out for our employees .
example# recently one of my boys got into trouble . His family gave up hope on him . I went to the station & bail him out for $10,000 . Engage legal aid for him .. I believe in this young lad ...
5) The list goes on ......
HAPPY EASTER !

Benny Se Teo
Creative Director @ Eighteen Chefs

http://therealsingapore.com/content/ex-convict-founder-eighteen-chef-no-such-thing-manpower-crunch

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we the people have been sacrificing too long for the gov and the business.
first we should boycott those business which still operate like a sweat shop, i think we will save more money at the same time.
second and ultimately vote pap out because they are the root of all evil!!!

Last edited: