• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex-citizen's regret

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Thats your personal view. Yes the old man got the vision and executed well, but without the good loyal citizens nothing will be delivered. "

LKY visions comes from his Old Guards and that Dutch economist. He just execute them really well.

Haha, migration doesn't mean you have to offload your roots totally , I haven't give up my passport yet so I'm still very much a Sporean, especially since my family is still living there. However, I have the opportunity to look at Spore from a external view, and my views still have not changed - it still a in a sad state and zombies running on the streets hoping one day the gov will provide them with a better life. People are leasing overpriced prison cell flats thinking they own it.

Giving up SG passport is not giving up your roots. My ancestors gave up China long ago but carried the "roots" to another country. Now, my roots are intertwine with other Chinese from the Asia-Pac region, in an angmo country.

Also, the zoombies have to give up dreaming of a real saviour. Another saviour may appear on the scene, but this leader may turn out worse than LKY. The zoombies should take the initiative to save themselves first.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ddn't quite understand what is bothering Maureen. Cant Maureen enjoy the best of both worlds?
Instead of complaining about it - why not see how lucky Maureen actually is - or has the Singaporean in Maureen never really left in the first place? Funny how complaining has become a Singaporean cultural norm!!!!

Ms Pollard case would portray the typical SG wife although there could be some exceptions to the rule. Nothing has changed in 30yrs with regards to the SINGAPOREAN wife be it in Singapore or as a SG emigrant.

Most don't know how to cook, can't do housework, has little or no idea about childcare. At least the Singapore male has done area cleaning in NS (before the SAF contracted out area cleaning).

My married SG friends say their wives rely 100% on maids or their own mothers for help in Singapore. The total reliance is almost akin to DRUG ADDICTION.

Those that have emigrated to NZ, call for help for their MUMMIES to come from Singapore and help them do housework(wash toilets, ironing of clothes etc), look after the newborn kid, cook and clena up etc. It is also pretty common for these SG little princesses to fly back to Singapore 2 to 3 times in a year.

The breed of SG women are all "LITTLE PRINCESSES" with smooth satin hands and fingers with long painted nails untainted by housework. Emigration is THEIR WORST NIGHTMARE!

It is NO WONDER that the personification of Ms Pollard as the typical SG wife; lamenting and wallowing in self-pity when most people would be envious. Her complain if indeed true is so frivolous.

Note also that she had so conveniently disregarded old age security afforded in Australia, the future of her children's education to Tertiary level, medical care that won't make one a bankrupt etc.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most don't know how to cook, can't do housework, has little or no idea about childcare. At least the Singapore male has done area cleaning in NS (before the SAF contracted out area cleaning).

My married SG friends say their wives rely 100% on maids or their own mothers for help in Singapore.

The breed of SG women are all "LITTLE PRINCESSES" with smooth satin hands and fingers with long painted nails untainted by housework. Emigration is THEIR WORST NIGHTMARE!etc.

I agree with you whole heartedly

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The breed of SG women are all "LITTLE PRINCESSES" with smooth satin hands and fingers with long painted nails untainted by housework. Emigration is THEIR WORST NIGHTMARE!

And to add to your point, those SG women in Perth are able to fly back at a moment notice to take care of the family, kids tagged along. Once, I was told that the grandmother missed the kids, so off they went, leaving the man behind because he had to work.

This guy I met was so pissed off that he seek adult services to overcome his loss of power as a breadwinner, when the lady of the house was off servicing her Singapore family's needs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was asked to talk to this chap's wife about NS and not renewing the kid's Singapore passport. The lady told me that its a practice that the family has to attend her mum's birthday each year without fail. I suggested asking her mum to fly over for the 3 remaining years until they get their Australian passports. I even suggested that she fly with her youngest boy and leaving the older 2 boys with the father. No dice. I then suggested she explain to her mother on the consequence of the 2 older boys renewing their SG passport just to attend her birthday for 3 year. Nothing worked.

Now the 2 boys are liable for NS while the youngest is not. The father is so mad. He suspects that the wife's family is attempting to sabotage his migration and get them to return.

And to add to your point, those SG women in Perth are able to fly back at a moment notice to take care of the family, kids tagged along. Once, I was told that the grandmother missed the kids, so off they went, leaving the man behind because he had to work.

This guy I met was so pissed off that he seek adult services to overcome his loss of power as a breadwinner, when the lady of the house was off servicing her Singapore family's needs.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was asked to talk to this chap's wife about NS and not renewing the kid's Singapore passport. The lady told me that its a practice that the family has to attend her mum's birthday each year without fail. I suggested asking her mum to fly over for the 3 remaining years until they get their Australian passports. I even suggested that she fly with her youngest boy and leaving the older 2 boys with the father. No dice. I then suggested she explain to her mother on the consequence of the 2 older boys renewing their SG passport just to attend her birthday for 3 year. Nothing worked.

Now the 2 boys are liable for NS while the youngest is not. The father is so mad. He suspects that the wife's family is attempting to sabotage his migration and get them to return.

Not only the wife is an idiot, so is the guy...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on both counts. I spent close to 2 hrs on both idiots. The top idiot award however goes to a chap who got his kaki in ICA to renew his son's passport without even going over to Singapore. He sent the old passport and renewal form by courier. His Kaki being a low level operative had no clue what he was doing to his friend's son.

Not only the wife is an idiot, so is the guy...