• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Everyone fail to understand the purpose of election

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly I am puzzled as to why election is based on constituency and not as a whole country :confused: Does it mean when i vote for a particular person/party in my constituency I will get a better life in this country ??:confused::confused:
Also many people analyse who to vote for based on the candidate representing their constituency, ain't all these individual candidate just a representative for their party ? Hence ,should'nt people analyse based on party ?

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In election voter decide who to represent them in Parliament and serve then better.
But in Singapore MPs are not encourage to vote againt their own party in Parliament. Not like in US the representative can vote againt their own party if something not right.
Some MPs are good for example Amy Khor from PAP the only area than getting more than 70% vote. Meaning the resident there really like her and is doing her jobs well. Why she can get more than 70% and MBT cant even get 60%? Something wrong with MBT right because both is PAP but the popularity vote different by so much.
Actually from the result voter actually consider the party and the candidate themself. So from my own opinion voter can decide for them self and have mature.

moneymind

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI. I am a Hong kah north residents.

Amy Khor is just doing her works, not really fantastic works with the help of her lackeys, those in hong kah north CC and hong kah town council.

I have not seen Amy khor coming to my house for visit in last 5 years.

The reason that she can get much better votes is her opponent (Sin KT) just come out from nowhere suddenly and not everyone knows him. He just come and gives out flyers near the market and engaged a lorry to do broadcast. I know SPP only have a rally near to Jurong West Ave4 that all. But he can get 30% votes. That is really good results for opposition

If SPP will be here for next 5 years with a younger candidates, can speak well also, I am sure that the votes will swing in their favour.

All amy khor talk is just upgrading and helping the needy ... this is to bluff the naive singaporeans

In election voter decide who to represent them in Parliament and serve then better.
But in Singapore MPs are not encourage to vote againt their own party in Parliament. Not like in US the representative can vote againt their own party if something not right.
Some MPs are good for example Amy Khor from PAP the only area than getting more than 70% vote. Meaning the resident there really like her and is doing her jobs well. Why she can get more than 70% and MBT cant even get 60%? Something wrong with MBT right because both is PAP but the popularity vote different by so much.
Actually from the result voter actually consider the party and the candidate themself. So from my own opinion voter can decide for them self and have mature.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you cant even understand singapore voting system, what chance you have with amercia electoral college. that system is better than communism right?

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amy Khor is just doing her works, not really fantastic works with the help of her lackeys, those in hong kah north CC and hong kah town council.

I have not seen Amy khor coming to my house for visit in last 5 years.

The reason that she can get much better votes is her opponent (Sin KT) just come out from nowhere suddenly and not everyone knows him.

I looked at the percentage of spoilt votes and that is only about 2%. Does that mean the voters do not know how to use spoilt votes to signal their displeasure if they are really as unhappy with PAP as you say they are? Assuming that those who did not turn up to vote will not or are unable to do so no matter what the circumstances, the 70% approval rating is a solid endorsement for PAP. The spoilt vote is a valid choice if you are not happy with any of the candidates.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
QUOTE]

Isn't Amy Khor just a puppet of LHL ? Same as MBT also just puppet. The whole thing still puzzles me. Amy Khor could possible let the people in their zone have a better life in that town only e.g. upgradings etc but in country level everyone will be the same. Thus I cannot see the rationale of voting based on candidates at all.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
QUOTE]

Isn't Amy Khor just a puppet of LHL ? Same as MBT also just puppet. The whole thing still puzzles me. Amy Khor could possible let the people in their zone have a better life in that town only e.g. upgradings etc but in country level everyone will be the same. Thus I cannot see the rationale of voting based on candidates at all.

Those hate PAP will vote for Opposition regardless the Opposition candidate. So do the PAP supporter will support whoever the PAP candidate.
From my point of view there are 30% PAP supporter and also 30% opposition party supporter. No mater what happen they will stick to the party. That why we can see 30% vote for SDA/RP.
Another 40% will judge for themself. They will compare the party and the candidate. This group are on the fence. They will choose a party base on their own decision and may void the vote. This are the group deciding factor.
Singapore 30% PAP supporter and 30% Opposition suppoter are blind by the party. They chose party regardless what happen. Meaning total 60% vote is already confirm before voting.
So 40% voter are more mature decide which party and candidate will be better for them and country.
Sad to said that 60% voter are still in mature cannot decide for themself.
In future the more voter/% will be on the fence or the deciding factor as the become more mature and better educated. So it will be harder for any party to convince people to vote for them.