• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Every vote for PAP is a vote to be treated with contempt.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Having lived here in Australia for a good part of the decade, I have never once come across an Indian National, Chinaman or Pinoy whom I've grown to dislike.

Sure, one can point to the Oswal's and their disgusting behaviour, but look what has happened, they were drummed out of the country all and sundry, by the will of the people and government "active inaction" that helped in their premature exit from Oz.

On my visit to SG recently, when I returned for a good 4 weeks, not a week went by with some PAP dog waxing lyrical for the need of foreign "talents" in Singapore and how critical they were to SG's survival. While I never had problems with dealing with their "talents" on an even keel; being courteous to them on a quid pro quo basis, I knew full well that amongst the these "talents" of above average middle class, they all held a strange impression of Singaporeans as a whole.

In such a discussion, where I had to go through posing as an ex-Singaporean, Singaporeans were made out to be a subservient "race" of people whom PAP did a good job of managing. Words like "stupid", "cowardly", "lazy", "unimaginative" were used liberally to describe us.

I smiled through it all and made no defense as I wanted to see how deep the rabbit hole would go.

They felt their role in Singapore was to bring in their business acumen, make full use of the cheap labor available, make their millions and invest it somewhere else. Singapore was just a means to their ends of building wealth and maximising profit. Damn if that meant they had to spit at the very people who built Singapore, damn if it meant if a couple more were to fall into financial strife.

To them, the social ills in Singapore society was irrelevant, they lived in a bubble where they felt that they did no wrong as long as money was made and taxes were paid, they had done their part in economic growth with the blessings of the PAP.

For every foreigner that the MSM waxed lyrical about integrating with Singaporeans, there only needs to be one of those that I speak to that by virtue of his wealth, would have 1000X the effect on the social ills we see today as compared to that Ang Moh who joined the grassroots, the PDMM registering their kids in school, the Bangla whose rugged hands built a multi-million dollar home or the Pinoy who smiles behind the information counter.

The PAP has portrayed us (the investors) as your lords with a heavenly edict, we are unwillingly but out of sheer reluctance, need to teach Singaporeans the way of this world via the millions we have amassed. We don't need you, but you need us. Work hard for a pittance and I might just share the crumbs that fell off my table. Don't blame us for what we think of you, your government made it crystal clear that your livelihood is irrelevant. So while I make my millions everyday, and even if you Singaporeans lose your jobs or find it hard to make ends meet, don't worry, the economy is safe in our hands and you can always go crying to your grassroots MP.

Don't blame us, we did not vote them in, we are merely merchants out to make money. Businesses are apolitical and whose sole mission is, and always will be, to make profit.

It was by your own hands, sadly enough, that the power of the vote you had, you gave to those that would demand your obedience to them and I, your lord by proxy.

But as a Singaporean, who still hold a pink IC, I appeal to those in the Hougang BE, please, think of our country and our future as Singaporeans before you vote for PAP.

Every vote for them is a vote for Singaporeans to have our dreams and ambitions suppressed, our ideals subjugated, and our very right to be Singaporean to be treated with contempt.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every vote for the PAP has an element of preserving the voter's economic self interest in the current system. I wouldn't despise them since I could have done so myself.

If I had benefited just one bit from the system, I would boldly proclaimed to be a "proud supporter of the PAP since 2011". Much pride there is bottom-feeding on crumbs.