• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Even Libraries Are Overcrowded Now!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Users who wish to make use of the tables and chairs that are 'choped' shld see the librarian and request her to proceed with him/her to clear the said tables/chairs. Library shld put up a sign that says "Unattended bags or articles left on tables and chairs will be removed by the Librarian" as if they are suspicious bombs!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if you see nobody at the tables and chairs but they are filled with bags, barang2 and tissue paper? Does yr smile work on these too?

Just carry some books to the table and tell them courteously, excuse me but if you're not reading, I need the space. I do that, never fail, no problem. Wonder what's the big deal about writing to newspaper?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What if you see nobody at the tables and chairs but they are filled with bags, barang2 and tissue paper? Does yr smile work on these too?

Clear them one side. Commonsense.

I've been confronted before. Weh, why you take my place clear my stuff oneside?

I replied, courteously, sorry, I also need this place. Or do you want to go downstairs and settle? This is a library, not nice for brawls.

In anycase, I'm not an unreasonable person. Some students do have heavy bags and need to leave them somewhere. I try not disturb them.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
My smile works wonders, yes. Many girls ended up in my bedroom overnight cause of that.
As long as they don't end up in your swimming pool, I think that's fine.
If I were talking to my friend in the library, and you came up to me with a smile and asked me politely if you could have my seat to read, I would give up my seat readily. You wouldn't even have to show your fists.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as they don't end up in your swimming pool, I think that's fine.
If I were talking to my friend in the library, and you came up to me with a smile and asked me politely if you could have my seat to read, I would give up my seat readily. You wouldn't even have to show your fists.

Exactly. Civilised, courteous and considerate behavior.

End up in my swimming pool? Nah. I'm not Don Corleone or Sentosa playboy.

TTSH or SGH good enough.

jw5

Loyal
Users who wish to make use of the tables and chairs that are 'choped' shld see the librarian and request her to proceed with him/her to clear the said tables/chairs. Library shld put up a sign that says "Unattended bags or articles left on tables and chairs will be removed by the Librarian" as if they are suspicious bombs!
Most of the librarians and security personnel are reluctant to do that. They don't want trouble from the owners of the bags and books, even though it is actually the right thing to do. Most of them just want to do their jobs and go home, they are actually quite afraid to get into entanglements with people.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many Ah Pek go there sleep. When I when there see the library assistant keep on asking Ah Pek wake up few time.
In library free aircon. Those want to sleep please just go to one corner plaese dont disturd those really want to read but have no seat.

you'll never know if they're brain-storming there?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
This problem with study space is a perennial problem in Spore. Whatever happened to opening up schools to students? When they chased the students from the airport it only moved the problem to KFC, MacD,...., the libraries.

Why cannot study at home? how about in school?