• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eugene and Gillian disagree with MARUAH's SMC proposals

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Koh, the provision that allows the "best-loser" candidates to enter parliament with the same powers as duly-elected MPs does not hold water.

"(This scenario) cannot be the case," she said. "If they are best losers, they cannot have the same standing as duly-elected MPs (and) must have reduced powers, perhaps like NCMPs currently."

Koh echoed Tan's concern of MARUAH's proposed provision, adding that "their system will place even greater scrutiny on the ethnic balance, the percentage of MPs from the four main ethnic categories in Singapore, and yet without direct means by which minority communities feel they can influence things".

She said that the group has to convince the public and its leaders that Singapore's electorate does indeed look beyond ethnicity when voting people into parliament. "My sense is that a broad segment of the public accepts that the GRC system as one that balances quite a lot of considerations," said Koh.

- http://sg.news.yahoo.com/political-...st-reverting-to-all-smc-system-025003999.html

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their argument does not make sense. Does it mean that someone who won by a 1% majority has less of a right to the seat than one who won with a margin of 30%? The same argument can be used against a member in a GRC who is competing in a ward where he has a minority vote. Yet he is alright to be an MP. Basically, if you win that seat according to the rules, you have won it.

Last edited:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their argument does not make sense. Does it mean that someone who won by a 1% majority has less of a right to the seat than one who won with a margin of 30%? The same argument can be used against a member in a GRC who is competing in a ward where he has a minority vote. Yet he is alright to be an MP. Basically, if you win that seat according to the rules, you have won it.

Uncle Fook Seng is back!? :eek:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncle Fook Seng is back!? :eek:

Just to announce that I am still not dead and definitely not in some isolated cell somewhere. But I don't intend to be active here. Just to comment on things that really interest me and I have the itch. Bye.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eugene Tan and Gillian Koh are well-known Pappy bum-suckers. Their arguments have zero credibility. Just fisting each other's asses.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eugene and Gillian can go fark spiders.In sinkeeland,they only can quote these two pappy cock-suckers,all the others dead already ?