• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Estate Duty was being taken off by LEE Familee!

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone here,

Today was having a conversation with a lawyer and he told me that Estate Duty was being taken or waived off by the famiLEE.

It was waived off on 15 Feb 2008. Before that if you have property or properties, you need to pay Estate Duty. But after 15 Feb 2008, it is no more. WHY???

Our government and HDB chief Mah Bow Tan loves money$$$$ a lot, and they can taxed the rich Singaporeans and have lots of money$$$$ from Estate Duty. But WHY they taken if off???

Makes me wonder??? Is it because of Kwa Geok Choo getting a stroke during that time and the famiLEE uses their power and influences to get Estate Duty out of their way.

Can any bros here provide information on this???

Last edited:

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone here,

Today was having a conversation with a lawyer and he told me that Estate Duty was being taken or waived off by the famiLEE.

It was waived off on 15 Feb 2008. Before that if you have property or properties, you need to pay Estate Duty. But after 15 Feb 2008, it is no more. WHY???

Our government and HDB chief Mah Bow Tan loves money$$$$ a lot, and they can taxed the rich Singaporeans and have lots of money$$$$ from Estate Duty. But WHY they taken if off???

Makes me wonder??? Is it because of Kwa Geok Choo getting a stroke during that time and the famiLEE uses their power and influences to get Estate Duty out of their way.

Don't anyhow say say and guess guess.......don't state the OBVIOUS!

"When you draw cartoons you don't need to draw their intestines" .. A wise Cantonese saying.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gahment so ho sim to you and you never say thank you but instead start to think crooked.

Gahment knows 99% of Sporeans own their flats or homes, and if estate duties were to continue, then the siblings or family of the deceased have less to pay for the funerals and may even owe gahment estate duties. Ah Longs may prosper instead.

You want a nation of homeowners or a nation of debtors?

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on SAMPLE on IRAS, estate duty computation:

Example 2
Assets
Value as at
03 Mar 2006
(Date of Death)
1) Shares - $ 200,000
2) Bank accounts - 150,000
3) Insurance policies - 300,000
4) CPF balance - 750,000
5) Dwelling house - 250,000

Estate duty payable =$32,200

So can imagine how much the LEEs might have to pay.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone noticed that the prices in Spore of utilities, public transport, rentals,...., have been going up. up, ....& up.

How much of this is to compensate for the potential losses from the discontinuation of the estate duties:confused:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
:rolleyes: It not so much the payment. But the confidentiality of ones' asset. If got estate duties, then got to declare the amount transferred. No have estate duties, no hap to declare. Get it? Then no one will know how much you and I have if we can structure our assets intelligently.:biggrin:

Abolishment of estate duties only benefits the rich. Average man got how much estate to kenna tax for tansfer?

Also, no more tax on NAV for private properties, also benefit the rich. To attract capital inflow?:confused:

anyway even with estate duty, they can still siam paying duty by putting their assets in a trust

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dey go thru ze rites of passage ... n den after dat, peasants benefit ...

wen ah boy goes 2 skool, dey make syllabus ezier 4 ah boy ... peasants' ah boys n ah gers oso benefit wif simpler syllabus ...

wen ah boy goes 2 ns, dey make ns life ezier 4 ah boy ... peasants' ah boys oso benefit wif ezier ns life ...

wen ah boy goes 2 work, dey promote ah boy quiker n @ a younger age ... peasants' ah boys oso got promoted faster n @ younger ages ...

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gahment so ho sim to you and you never say thank you but instead start to think crooked.

Gahment knows 99% of Sporeans own their flats or homes, and if estate duties were to continue, then the siblings or family of the deceased have less to pay for the funerals and may even owe gahment estate duties. Ah Longs may prosper instead.

You want a nation of homeowners or a nation of debtors?

not really true...

When estate duty was payable there are exemptions for "Dwelling houses" of up to $9 million, and for all other assets (including CPF balance) it is $600,000.

Hence most HDB dwellers won't need to pay estate duty anyway.

So the lifting of estate duty ONLY benefits the rich.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Lee have been sucking up all other people estate duties for their own extravagant lifestyle and built up their own empire. When it is payback time for them, they aborted it. This is the gist of ONE-PARTY system, they called the shot, to their favour. Other peope pay, but they exempted. A typical example of conflict of interest. Can't imagine what they have already done to our reserves since the whole familEE are in full control (prataman being the puppet at their disposal).

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone here,

In uniquely Singapore . They exploit the working class and the poor .

So you will look up and admire the rich .

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
They're making preparations for a quick exit. With estate duty abolished, in the event of their downfall there's no way of telling how much wealth they had amassed.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
They're making preparations for a quick exit. With estate duty abolished, in the event of their downfall there's no way of telling how much wealth they had amassed.

That's right no way to track them with paper work !

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal

1-3.jpg

Hahaha! What paper work? Dont you know all data(good or bad) are all stored in my Intel Quad Core brain?

Many years ago I told Singaporeans that if they can invent a machine, they can go into my Intel Quad Core brain and retrieve all experiences and data on how to run my kingdom Sinkgapore.

But after I read so many negative reports on me and my famiLEE, I decided that before I moved on to my afterlife, I will confirm reformat or inflict damages to my Intel Quad Core brain so as to make sure you Sinkies are not able to get any data from my brain anymore ah!!!

So all secrets data will buried together with me forever ah!!!!

I win and you lose!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Might as well use the strong ISD laws that LKY created to counter the PAP :smile:

Simply arrest all the Lees & confiscate all their properties & holding. Let them go through a means testing. Giving them back $$$ & property only if they can proof valid ownership :rolleyes: