• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ERP Collect more than S$150 million a year now want increase!?

oppvoter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) rates will be raised at three gantries along the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE).

From 2 November 2015, motorists who pass through three gantries on the AYE after Jurong Town Hall towards the city between 6pm and 6.30pm will have to pay S$2. The current fee is S$1 for each gantry.

erp

The next ERP review will take place in mid-November ahead of the December school holidays.

The ERP system in Singapore has an estimated collection of more than S$150 Million a year and with this increase in ERP rates, there will no doubt be more profit for the Government.

http://www.sgcoldtruth.com/erp-rates-to-be-raised-again-to-increase-profit-for-the-government/

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of these conversations involved the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) scheme. I had a big fight with him over this because the implementation of the COE scheme meant that we were taxing every man, woman and child in Singapore, from the day of his birth till the day of his death. As COE taxes transportation, nobody can avoid it. You can avoid eating good durians, but you cannot avoid using transportation. He saw that I was right, but he was a charmer. Looking at me, he asked, “Ngiam, are you the Permanent Secretary of the Budget and Revenue Divisions at MOF?” I said yes, to which he replied, “What’s wrong with collecting more money?””

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is good news! More ERP means less congested roads.

In theory this might be true but if you have already spent so much $$$$ on a car & the alternatives are very unreliable e.g. regularly breaking down, packed like sardines,... very unlikely lah.

This is typical behaviour for the PAP, why is anyone still surprised by regular increases:confused: