• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eric Tan Petition

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eric resigned and I am not sure what they expect the CEC to do. I am sure they will be ready to have him back as they never asked him to leave in the first place.

Bring Eric Tan back to the party: WP volunteers
Posted by theonlinecitizen on May 25, 2011 55 Comments
4ShareAndrew Loh/
A group of supporters and volunteers of the Workers’ Party (WP) is calling on the party to reinstate Mr Eric Tan back into the party.

The group, which includes volunteers who helped with the party’s East Coast GRC team in the May general elections, has circulated a petition which it will send to the party’s Central Executive Council (CEC) eventually.

Mr Eric Tan, 55, was the leader of the WP East Coast GRC team which was made up of Mr Gerald Giam, Ms Glenda Han, Mr Png Eng Huat and Mr Mohamed Fazli bin Talip. The team scored 45.17 per cent in the polls, losing to the People’s Action Party team led by Mr Lim Swee Say.

The team was offered a Non-constituency Member of Parliament (NCMP) seat as it was among the top-scoring losing teams in the elections. The WP decided that Mr Giam, and not Mr Tan, would take up the seat. Mr Tan then resigned from the party, unhappy that he was not chosen to fill the NCMP vacancy.

Mr Tan, a former banker and who had been the party’s Treasurer, called the party’s decision a “betrayal”.

When speaking to TODAY, he said, “I am disappointed that Low (Thia Khiang) and part of the CEC have decided to go against the people’s wishes, citing party renewal as their reason. I too, also believe in the renewal of the party but in an orderly manner, with succession plans. But not like this, dropped like a bomb.”

In their petition to the CEC, the volunteers say Mr Tan’s resignation “has left most of [them] saddened.”

“For us to read of such discord within WP has affected our morale and bewilderment at the divisiveness after a glorious victory.”

“It is our passionate and sincere petition that the CEC will expand all efforts in bringing Mr Tan back into the party in the interest of party solidarity.” The group says it knows and trusts the party will listen to its “collective voice.”

Mr Tan was part of the East Coast team in the 2006 general elections as well. He was also the chairman of the Workers’ Party’s Eastern Area Committee and had represented the party in Channel Newsasia’s Talking Point programme in March on the new electoral boundaries.

For the 2011 elections, he was the only surviving member of the team and had played a major part in building both East Coast teams for the 2006 and 2011 elections. Mr Giam, who is believed to have been recruited by Mr Tan, described Mr Tan as a “friend and mentor”. He said, “He [Eric] is a caring and capable leader, and possesses a wealth of knowledge, particularly in the area of economics and finance.” Mr Giam also stated that “the NCMP positions were decided collectively by the party’s central executive council”

“All four tyres of the WP vehicle must have the correct pressure in order to travel smoothly and safely,” the volunteers’ petition says. “The CEC, the cadres, the members and the volunteers all play a role in this. Please hear us and bring Mr Eric Tan back into the WP family so that we, the supporters, can begin our tasks of winning the next election comfortable in the knowledge that WP is a party that listens to the people.”

It is now left to the party’s CEC to decide if it will take up the appeal by the volunteers.

The WP’s candidate for Joo Chiat SMC, Mr Yee Jenn Jong, is the other NCMP from the WP while Mrs Lina Chiam from the Singapore People’s Party fills the third position.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am from EC GRC and voted Eric, and offered to be nominator. Sad to see him resigned for this NCMP issue. I know that he worked with my younger brother in the early days to support election campaign of independent candidate Chia Shih Teck (Chua Chu Kang NCMP) . This GE my brother was WP Polling & Counting Agent for Joo Chiat SMC, he asked me few times about Mr. Eric Tan knowing that Eric is contesting the area I live. The nomination and polling center is a school just few blocks from my home. I last saw Eric in that morning of nomination. This video was what I shot after speaking to Eric.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R7R3Bh-1A8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think hor... 有事情慢慢讲啦。。。。same to Mr. Chia Ti Lik & Mr. Ng Teck Siong... :(

Fight LEEgime and not quarrel among ourselves leh...:wink:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that Eric Tan chose to leave on his own accord. More importantly, it was the way he chose to air dirty laundry in public... He is finished as a politician. Which opposition party will take him? Perhaps SDP which took Alec Tok at last minute notice. Which person will vote for him? This episode will follow him wherever he goes in his public political career. He is better off playing a part behind the scenes if he is still interested in politics.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eric resigned and I am not sure what they expect the CEC to do. I am sure they will be ready to have him back as they never asked him to leave in the first place.

Bring Eric Tan back to the party: WP volunteers
Posted by theonlinecitizen on May 25, 2011 55 Comments
4ShareAndrew Loh/
A group of supporters and volunteers of the Workers’ Party (WP) is calling on the party to reinstate Mr Eric Tan back into the party.

The group, which includes volunteers who helped with the party’s East Coast GRC team in the May general elections, has circulated a petition which it will send to the party’s Central Executive Council (CEC) eventually.

Mr Eric Tan, 55, was the leader of the WP East Coast GRC team which was made up of Mr Gerald Giam, Ms Glenda Han, Mr Png Eng Huat and Mr Mohamed Fazli bin Talip. The team scored 45.17 per cent in the polls, losing to the People’s Action Party team led by Mr Lim Swee Say.

The team was offered a Non-constituency Member of Parliament (NCMP) seat as it was among the top-scoring losing teams in the elections. The WP decided that Mr Giam, and not Mr Tan, would take up the seat. Mr Tan then resigned from the party, unhappy that he was not chosen to fill the NCMP vacancy.

Mr Tan, a former banker and who had been the party’s Treasurer, called the party’s decision a “betrayal”.

When speaking to TODAY, he said, “I am disappointed that Low (Thia Khiang) and part of the CEC have decided to go against the people’s wishes, citing party renewal as their reason. I too, also believe in the renewal of the party but in an orderly manner, with succession plans. But not like this, dropped like a bomb.”

In their petition to the CEC, the volunteers say Mr Tan’s resignation “has left most of [them] saddened.”

“For us to read of such discord within WP has affected our morale and bewilderment at the divisiveness after a glorious victory.”

“It is our passionate and sincere petition that the CEC will expand all efforts in bringing Mr Tan back into the party in the interest of party solidarity.” The group says it knows and trusts the party will listen to its “collective voice.”

Mr Tan was part of the East Coast team in the 2006 general elections as well. He was also the chairman of the Workers’ Party’s Eastern Area Committee and had represented the party in Channel Newsasia’s Talking Point programme in March on the new electoral boundaries.

For the 2011 elections, he was the only surviving member of the team and had played a major part in building both East Coast teams for the 2006 and 2011 elections. Mr Giam, who is believed to have been recruited by Mr Tan, described Mr Tan as a “friend and mentor”. He said, “He [Eric] is a caring and capable leader, and possesses a wealth of knowledge, particularly in the area of economics and finance.” Mr Giam also stated that “the NCMP positions were decided collectively by the party’s central executive council”

“All four tyres of the WP vehicle must have the correct pressure in order to travel smoothly and safely,” the volunteers’ petition says. “The CEC, the cadres, the members and the volunteers all play a role in this. Please hear us and bring Mr Eric Tan back into the WP family so that we, the supporters, can begin our tasks of winning the next election comfortable in the knowledge that WP is a party that listens to the people.”

It is now left to the party’s CEC to decide if it will take up the appeal by the volunteers.

The WP’s candidate for Joo Chiat SMC, Mr Yee Jenn Jong, is the other NCMP from the WP while Mrs Lina Chiam from the Singapore People’s Party fills the third position.

Eric's notion as the only surviving member of the EC team shows that his notion and the WP's notion does not gel. In WP, you do not despite or discount someone who is not a candidate and there is no division in status based on that alone. I believe that applies to some other parties as well.

So when you have Brandon Siow and Abdul Rahim helping from the behind scenes in EC and yet Eric saying that he is the only surviving member, I would discount him off totally. He forgot that the team mates who fought with him in 2006 are not dead as opposed to not "surviving", just that they didn't run. (Brandon couldn't run due to some business related issues which he needed to stay low profile while Rahim felt he is too old. As for Perry Tong, he assisted the Moulmein Kallang team because he lives in the GRC.)

It is predicted that some people who after standing for elections will be fuller of themselves. It started with 3 after 2006, and Eric could hold but not anymore in 2011. It's normal and these WP volunteers should not be naive.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably the only thing I think WP should have done is to convey their thanks to Eric for his contribution when interview. Instead LTK and Sylvia said to the press “let the people decide”. I don’t think that is a good answer. Basically, no voter likes such a thing to happen, so if LTK and Sylvia Lim say that, are they indirectly telling voters to vote them out the next time?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
uy doing video as record for MIW?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

This is best part of the whole joke:

Everything happened right under the fucking nose of famiLEE LEEgime and like fucked they had totally no idea. Yet peasants still imagined that famiLEE LEEgime was so powerful and all in control and ISD loyal to them would be monitoring everywhere.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mr. Eric Tan's EC GRC team assembled at Blk 51 void deck and with all the nomination papers and nominators and probably with their Commissioner of Oath also, 8+am on nomination day.

That was RIGHT OUTSIDE PAP's HQ!

That was also just one wall behind the BLK 51 RC zone office!

ALL the following videos were taken at the same blk 51 on different days by me:

GE2011 Power Blackout Omen:
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p8DHNKCyHrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://youtu.be/p8DHNKCyHrs

Homeless man living in Blk51 void deck at door step of PAp HQ:
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ibbnZqqIa54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://youtu.be/ibbnZqqIa54

WP EC GRC team nomination day (Eric Tan video clip)
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R7R3Bh-1A8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://youtu.be/R7R3Bh-1A8I

If you were observant now you can also tell that the WP EC GRC team were seated at the exact same seating area where the homeless man sleeps at night. It was exactly the same seating area outside the BLk 51 RC zone office where peasants watches TV every night. That corner of that BLK 51 is only few meters from PAP's HQ! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It was the same half of the BLK that blacked-out on Saturday night just before nomination day 27.Apr.2011.

:rolleyes::wink:

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make no sense. If Eric has been removed by WP, the it is logical for such petition to get him to be reinstated. However, it is clear that Eric is unhappy about the fact that they have nominated Gerald Giam instead of him as the NCMP for East Coast and thus, tendered his resignation. If there is to be a petition, it should be address to Eric, telling him to put aside personal agende and move forward with the party.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eric cannot join politic liao lah. he throw in the white towel first not they ask him to leave. let young people become NCMP also never mind mah, old man must have a big heart them people will respect you. fight again and become full fledged MP of East Coast GRC better! why fight over such thing? alamak! eric ah! eric!!! i shake your hand and vote for you some more in 2006 and 2011!!! but whoever come East Coast challenge pap, i will give them the vote!!!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eric's notion as the only surviving member of the EC team shows that his notion and the WP's notion does not gel. In WP, you do not despite or discount someone who is not a candidate and there is no division in status based on that alone. I believe that applies to some other parties as well.

So when you have Brandon Siow and Abdul Rahim helping from the behind scenes in EC and yet Eric saying that he is the only surviving member, I would discount him off totally. He forgot that the team mates who fought with him in 2006 are not dead as opposed to not "surviving", just that they didn't run. (Brandon couldn't run due to some business related issues which he needed to stay low profile while Rahim felt he is too old. As for Perry Tong, he assisted the Moulmein Kallang team because he lives in the GRC.)

It is predicted that some people who after standing for elections will be fuller of themselves. It started with 3 after 2006, and Eric could hold but not anymore in 2011. It's normal and these WP volunteers should not be naive.

Just like LKY and those who claimed he was solely responsible for Singapore's success story. Without the likes of the good and able leaders LKY would not be able to do what he did. So give credit where credit is due. Let history be the judge of the contributions of each and every member of the WP team. Eric Tan may be there but please do not claim credit for WP's success. Doing so just exposes the character flaw that will destroy the party if the party leadership gives in to his demands. Eric has shown his hands and it would be best not to allow him back into the party as a leopard does not change it's spots.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
From time to time there will be hiccups like this, no big deal. Eric Tan sounds like an employee who throws in a resignation letter to get a raise, but unfortunately his resignation was accepted without hesitation. I guess with the successes of LTK and the growth of WP, the leadership in WP faces a new challenge of managing members or supporters. Yes, perhaps LTK and WP CEC will need some focus on PR now to avoid being labelled by jealous dissenters as "proud". 树大招风 that's life.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably the only thing I think WP should have done is to convey their thanks to Eric for his contribution when interview. Instead LTK and Sylvia said to the press “let the people decide”. I don’t think that is a good answer. Basically, no voter likes such a thing to happen, so if LTK and Sylvia Lim say that, are they indirectly telling voters to vote them out the next time?

What kind of logic is that? LTK could well put on a big smile and heap praises on Eric Tan in the hypocitical PAP fashion, but that is not his style. The man got a lot more hard work to do meeting residents at void deck till 3am. I am sure LTK is saddened at the departure of a long standing party member, but the way Eric Tan chose to air his unhappiness to public is damaging to party. LTK is a no-nonsense man and he is right in not pretending to be grateful to Eric Tan.

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK got a long route ahead of him to fix the party mechanics so as to transform the party to be strong enough to challenge the PAP and make PAP sweat.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eric Tan is a fool. NMCP is nothing. He should work harder for becoming a real MP. Gerard is the right choice as he is young and was one of them before. It makes a good slap on the face for the PAP. By being impatient and letting pride get in the way, Eric displays selfish motive for running for elections.

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal

If they had conveyed their thanks and appreciation to Eric during the interview, what should they do when Eric decides to take back his resignation and publicly asks to join back WP as if nothing has happened?

jw5

Loyal
From time to time there will be hiccups like this, no big deal. Eric Tan sounds like an employee who throws in a resignation letter to get a raise, but unfortunately his resignation was accepted without hesitation.

Sounds more like an employee who throws in a resignation letter when he was passed over for promotion, after telling others that he would most likely get promoted.

Last edited: