• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Embarrassment- PUB lift stalls so President Aquino had to climb stairs

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Such mishaps do happen and are I would even say, unavoidable. The problem is that the PAPzis often compare others unfavourably to ourselves. Remember how JB 'was awash with crime and carjackings' after Tang Liang Hong fled there?

Many years ago, Grate Leeder had gone to the Philippines and embarrassed his hosts by saying that the brown-outs they were suffering indicated the Ramos government's ineptitude. My own view was that the Ramos government had inherited a very serious problem and when Grate Leeder made that statement, it was too early to judge.

Ramos later came to Singapore to take part in (I stand corrected) an ASEAN summit. Guess what? The phone system had a catastrophic failure! No delegate could call anyone from the conference venue.

Ramos was reported to have said words to the effect that while the Philippines had had brown-outs, their phones had not failed them at such a crucial time.

What goes around comes around.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Mudland Abdullah 7-series broke down about ECP when he visited Singapore and on the way to Changi Airport.

End up he and his wife had to be transported to Changi Airport via a VAN. hahahaha

Maybe intentionally one.......to tekan them...like how Mathatiar mentioned he was slighted by making him wait in holding room. Not sure if any beemers broke down during WTO and APEC.....

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
luckily is aquino,,,,,,,,,,, not so bad,,,,,,,,

if kena prata man,,,,,, he can wait long long till lift operates again