• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Emails from Singaporeans about the PAP

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Sir,

I am a director of an electronics retail shop. I am upset and concerned when I found out that one of my employees who was born in K K Hospital in Singapore in 1967, who has served NS, went on to sign on for 14 years with the police coast guard is now still a PR, stateless and is with a green passport.

Despite numerous and many attempts to get his citizenship, he was denied by the government, and the MPs which he approached did not help but made matter worse... He is currently divorced, has housing, travelling and work problems.... I will furnish and give you a more detailed account and informations. Please help this person. Thank you.

Mohd

link

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ministerial salaries

Dear Sirs,

I have read your proposal and your five recommendations on ministers' pay. I noted that your team has done a great deal of work and analysis to arrive at their findings and conclusions. The recommendations, especially the independent commission on anti-corruption and accountability to parliament is good. It will ensure accountability and transparency. However, it also requires that the members forming the anti-corruption commission must also be persons of the highest integrity, impartial etc like Justice Bao Kong.

One point you may have missed out is the MPs salary. You have peg it at $14,000/per month. Have you forgotten that Parliament sits only six months a year, while ministers,civil servants work all year round. You may wish to review this point.

You have also not consider the pay of the President and his role in our Singapore. Maybe you can look into this as well. My view is whether there is a need for such a post bearing in mind the high costs of the office, and its other officials, staff etc to support the function of this post. It is not only the question of the cost of the President’ salary, etc, but also the Presidential Advisors’ role. PEC’S role, other supporting staffs.Total cost of the fuction and dignity of this office may well exceed $10 millions a year. And donät forget about its election costs every 6 years.

Maybe we can save cost by combining this role in other ways like in China, USA, or Taiwan, etc. Food for thought on what I said above, for our national interest.

With Regards.
Kenneth

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
No of births registered vs No of pupils taking PSLE exams

Dear Sir,

I read that 45,261 students sat for their PSLE examinations in 2011.
A checks on www.singstat.gov.sg revealed that in 1999 there were 38,727 births registered.
Why is there a difference of 6,534 and where are these students coming from? Do our Singaporean kids need to compete for places in Secondary schools, too?

Hope you can look into and find out.

Regards,
Chua HB

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Government leaders who have ignored voices on the ground have discovered to their horror, the huge resentment that could be built up overtime. The May 7th election is just the start. History has shown how governments lose their power by ignoring sentiment on the ground. Recent uprisings in Egypt, Libya is a case in point. How the govt handle this matter will sow the seeds for the future, today, 500 households in Rochor (who had voted the PAP) might be switching flags.

SDP leaders, please start a forum online with regard to this thread.

Jason

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comments (1) Sat 31 Dec 2011 7:02 PM | komodo

The PAP is like UMNO in Malaysia. There, UMNO Putras(princes) rob the country blind in the name of the NEP, ketuanan melayu/islam, Bumiputra rights etc. Here, the PAP under LKY is robbing and betraying the people of Singaore. I undertand death duties in Singapore has been abolished, i.e zero. This came about just before Mrs LKY died. Now you know why? This law will stay until LKY dies. That way, the Lee family does not have to declare their fantastic wealth. He is the richest man in the world, no doubt about it. Who benefits from this? All the crooks who die in Singapore, and all the crooks in the world will be encouraged to come to Singapore to die. Very neat. After a decent interval determined by LSL, the duties will be reinstated. Very very neat. That is LKY for you. No better than Marcos, Suharto, Mobutu, Dr Mahathir, all the crooks of ASEAN.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask him to join PAP la.

Dear Sir,

I am a director of an electronics retail shop. I am upset and concerned when I found out that one of my employees who was born in K K Hospital in Singapore in 1967, who has served NS, went on to sign on for 14 years with the police coast guard is now still a PR, stateless and is with a green passport.

Despite numerous and many attempts to get his citizenship, he was denied by the government, and the MPs which he approached did not help but made matter worse... He is currently divorced, has housing, travelling and work problems.... I will furnish and give you a more detailed account and informations. Please help this person. Thank you.

Mohd

link

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: No of births registered vs No of pupils taking PSLE exams

These are FT la. Not only fight for place in school but also jobs in future. Your children will become slaves to these FTs. Good luck!

Dear Sir,

I read that 45,261 students sat for their PSLE examinations in 2011.
A checks on www.singstat.gov.sg revealed that in 1999 there were 38,727 births registered.
Why is there a difference of 6,534 and where are these students coming from? Do our Singaporean kids need to compete for places in Secondary schools, too?

Hope you can look into and find out.

Regards,
Chua HB

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ministerial salaries

If lower pay, where got dignity. This is the most well paid part time job. You can apply too

As for National interest? Mmmmm good idea. We will begin to charge everyone interest for being a sinkee.

Dear Sirs,

I have read your proposal and your five recommendations on ministers' pay. I noted that your team has done a great deal of work and analysis to arrive at their findings and conclusions. The recommendations, especially the independent commission on anti-corruption and accountability to parliament is good. It will ensure accountability and transparency. However, it also requires that the members forming the anti-corruption commission must also be persons of the highest integrity, impartial etc like Justice Bao Kong.

One point you may have missed out is the MPs salary. You have peg it at $14,000/per month. Have you forgotten that Parliament sits only six months a year, while ministers,civil servants work all year round. You may wish to review this point.

You have also not consider the pay of the President and his role in our Singapore. Maybe you can look into this as well. My view is whether there is a need for such a post bearing in mind the high costs of the office, and its other officials, staff etc to support the function of this post. It is not only the question of the cost of the President’ salary, etc, but also the Presidential Advisors’ role. PEC’S role, other supporting staffs.Total cost of the fuction and dignity of this office may well exceed $10 millions a year. And donät forget about its election costs every 6 years.

Maybe we can save cost by combining this role in other ways like in China, USA, or Taiwan, etc. Food for thought on what I said above, for our national interest.

With Regards.
Kenneth