• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Elitism can be good for society - Viewpoint of an ex-RI student

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're missing the point. There's nothing wrong with an intellectual class, as long as it's formed from all social strata.

What's wrong is class stratification and ossification, leading to loss of social mobility. Today, academic performance is increasingly tied to wealth: children from rich families consistently do better than those from poor families, not due to superior natural ability but superior access to resources (private tuition, enrichment classes, etc.). And the gap is widening.

This is elitism, not meritocracy. Now stop barking, PAP IB, and go back to your doghouse.

Not true . Absolutely a fabrication.M
Many of my elite friends came from poor families.
They did not have any extra resources.
The only resource they possess is their intelligence.
On the other hand I have many elites who are fumbling and struggling and crumbling down to
Obscurity simply because they simply do not have the genes despite their gross wealth.
Poor but intelligent Singaporeans will always reach the top.
So your arguments fall flat. Now have a bone on me your barking hyena. Haha.Good boy.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of my elite friends came from poor families.
They did not have any extra resources.
The only resource they possess is their intelligence.

Your generation maybe, not the millennial generation, the majority of whom are from middle to upper class families.

Now, PAP dog, be good and go back to your doghouse. Everyone knows you're from RI, but you're a disgrace to your alma mater.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You never hear of the underpriviledged arguing for the merits of elitism or the merits of creating a stratified society. Only the privileged advance such arguments.

If something is truly a social good, even those who don't get to enjoy it will advocate for it, because they know it will benefit society.

I was from an underprivileged family and I used to have to share a toilet with 50 other people in the same Kampong.

However that did not stop me from becoming elite because the PAP gave me exactly the same opportunities as the children of the elite who were staying in bungalows in Bukit Timah Road.

That is why I have always maintained that the PAP is the best!

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
01.gif

02.gif

03.gif

04.gif

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sad that this is the kind of Rafflesian that's churned out today. Writer is proof that today's RI is elitist, no longer the egalitarian RI of the old where students from all walks of life were admitted based purely on their ability. In that respect it is becoming more and more like ACS. Sigh.

Agree with you. This letter is appalling.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are so many fart up big time elitist bullies here in sbf
just look at the elitist arrogance of some of the vulval mouths here
they are nothing but cowards and bullies

talk about elitism
this mob here is worse