• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Election campaign

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Over the next couple of weeks, the campaign will heat up in this section.

In order to maintain the quality of the debate and prevent ludicrous posts devoid of logic and full of falsehoods, I will be making use of the reputation system to reward quality and penalise banality and rubbish.

I'm an impartial observer as far as the hustings go so it does not matter which side you're rooting for. As long as your arguments are sound, you'll be rewarded. If you spew rubbish, you'll be penalised.

A thread will be started to keep score.

Let the battle begin.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over the next couple of weeks, the campaign will heat up in this section.

In order to maintain the quality of the debate and prevent ludicrous posts devoid of logic and full of falsehoods, I will be making use of the reputation system to reward quality and penalise banality and rubbish.

I'm an impartial observer as far as the hustings go so it does not matter which side you're rooting for. As long as your arguments are sound, you'll be rewarded. If you spew rubbish, you'll be penalised.

A thread will be started to keep score.

Let the battle begin.

It's rather hard to be convinced about the "impartial observer" bit going by your postings that leant heavily in favor of the ruling party, to say the least.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's rather hard to be convinced about the "impartial observer" bit going by your postings that leant heavily in favor of the ruling party, to say the least.

All his tongue-in-cheek postings are to keep his forum safe from PAP laws. Don't read too deeply into his postings, read what was unsaid and in-between the lines of hs postings.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said...sam is not impartial...he is for the ruling party...

Most rational voters will vote for the ruling party. Some are adventurous and prefer to vote for the unknown - they are risk-takers. They are happy - because they have another public holiday in Hougang!

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
All his tongue-in-cheek postings are to keep his forum safe from PAP laws. Don't read too deeply into his postings, read what was unsaid and in-between the lines of hs postings.

I agree with this observation.After-all,Sam started on the wrong footing with PAP.In fact,anyone who is a forum-er for more than 10yrs ought to know that forums like this owe their existence because of anti PAP sentiments.As you said,that either Sam is preempting PAP's latest hostility towards freedom of speech or trying to revive this flagging and dying forum with his proactive sarcasm....some of which I agree.

I reckon that is the precise reason why Sam appointed a wellkown PAP dog as a moderator too.Despite all our well wishes,this forum is gonna fade away like an old soldier.The writing is all over the wall.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
myo539 said:
Most rational voters will vote for the ruling party. Some are adventurous and prefer to vote for the unknown - they are risk-takers. They are happy - because they have another public holiday in Hougang!

Most rational voters will vote for democracy. Otherwise they will have no more chance to vote or make votes that do not count.

By the way, is it a public holiday in Hougang? That is to say if I go for election, i can get a day off in lieu? How about helping my candidate? Don't think it is public holiday for the rest of Singapore.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

contrary to popular belief, the rational voter knows that ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS. period :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: