• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Economic News

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good move. Luckily you are not exactly at Docklands, it has become a place for gangs and prostitutes. See the report as follows,

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/g...bour-the-ganglands-crowd-20151016-gkbi2g.html

Melbourne has consistently been rated among the most livable cities in the world and in the top 10 for personal safety, Singapore is of course 2nd, trailing Tokyo, no cities in Malaysia or other parts of Asean are in the top 10 list, my other choices to live are Toronto, where I was brought up and New Zealand in case of World War 3.

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
Melbourne has consistently been rated among the most livable cities in the world and in the top 10 for personal safety, Singapore is of course 2nd, trailing Tokyo, no cities in Malaysia or other parts of Asean are in the top 10 list, my other choices to live are Toronto, where I was brought up and New Zealand in case of World War 3.

Congrats, Melbourne is lovely. i think the landed ppty there will appreciate faster but that's just me, and need to be Oz PR to buy resale ppty.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats, Melbourne is lovely. i think the landed ppty there will appreciate faster but that's just me, and need to be Oz PR to buy resale ppty.

Yes Sydney, Melbourne, Perth are great places, albeit expensive for meals. Groceries, cars and houses are relatively affordable.

But it will be difficult to move there as a retiree (min AUD 5m for instant PR), and it is hard to move there to work in the prime of one's life.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Sydney, Melbourne, Perth are great places, albeit expensive for meals. Groceries, cars and houses are relatively affordable.

But it will be difficult to move there as a retiree (min AUD 5m for instant PR), and it is hard to move there to work in the prime of one's life.

I already planned it in 1994, no need AUD 5m. Actually when retired you only need basically food expenses and it is very manageable if you cook at home. All other things buy online, or when return to Singapore and JB.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already planned it in 1994, no need AUD 5m. Actually when retired you only need basically food expenses and it is very manageable if you cook at home. All other things buy online, or when return to Singapore and JB.

Understand, but my point is that it is not so straight forward for most people to retire in Australia, compared to say JB. There are residency issues in Australia and cost of living is high if you dont cook.

I go to Perth pretty often on company business, including helping to set up businesses there. So I know about the residency issues for retirees.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand, but my point is that it is not so straight forward for most people to retire in Australia, compared to say JB. There are residency issues in Australia and cost of living is high if you dont cook.

I go to Perth pretty often on company business, including helping to set up businesses there. So I know about the residency issues for retirees.

Anyway all the properties I get there are for next generation, I am happy in Singapore and low cost of JB.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The police force is very sophisticated and employ high tech to fight crime in Victoria, you think JB polis can compare?

JB is a dangerous place. JB police are useless. Melbourne Police is world class. No way JB police can be compared to Australian police.

---------------

Current gangs in Melbourne include Young Sunshine and Saint Albans 21, and the Springvale based Young Springy Boys.[41] This gang war has seen an increase in knife attacks amongst young Asian men as well as a rise in bottle and glass related assaults. These three gangs have shown to be extremely violent even in front of police and security. Their activity has gone from assaulting one another in the streets to fire bombing of rival's houses.

In 2010, a Victoria Police task force headed by Acting Detective Inspector Dave de Francesco, named Task Force Echo, was formed to counter warring gangs. A report in the Herald Sun found Pacific Island gangs have become the most violent in Melbourne's West, Most of these Islanders families migrate from South Auckland, New Zealand. Gangs such as Bloods and Crips, F.B.I - Full Blooded Islanders, Crazy Coconuts and the 48 Boys. The 48 Boys are made up with mostly Samoan youth who have bonded a brotherhood, which is believed to have 48 members.

http://www.newnation.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=140850[42] http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...tvnz.co.nz/content/621825/423466/article.html

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB is a dangerous place. JB police are useless. Melbourne Police is world class. No way JB police can be compared to Australian police.

---------------

Current gangs in Melbourne include Young Sunshine and Saint Albans 21, and the Springvale based Young Springy Boys.[41] This gang war has seen an increase in knife attacks amongst young Asian men as well as a rise in bottle and glass related assaults. These three gangs have shown to be extremely violent even in front of police and security. Their activity has gone from assaulting one another in the streets to fire bombing of rival's houses.

In 2010, a Victoria Police task force headed by Acting Detective Inspector Dave de Francesco, named Task Force Echo, was formed to counter warring gangs. A report in the Herald Sun found Pacific Island gangs have become the most violent in Melbourne's West, Most of these Islanders families migrate from South Auckland, New Zealand. Gangs such as Bloods and Crips, F.B.I - Full Blooded Islanders, Crazy Coconuts and the 48 Boys. The 48 Boys are made up with mostly Samoan youth who have bonded a brotherhood, which is believed to have 48 members.

http://www.newnation.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=140850[42] http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...tvnz.co.nz/content/621825/423466/article.html

Ha ha noted, I will be there with my personal bodyguards (armed).

OzRick

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you are referring to the Investor Retirement Visa (Class 405), please note that this is not a Permanent (PR) visa and you are not entitled to Medicare and other federal or state benefits.

I do not know about “min AUD 5m for instant PR” in Australia. Can you elaborate on which class of visa this is?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are referring to the Investor Retirement Visa (Class 405), please note that this is not a Permanent (PR) visa and you are not entitled to Medicare and other federal or state benefits.

I do not know about “min AUD 5m for instant PR” in Australia. Can you elaborate on which class of visa this is?

Significant and Premium Investor Visa Program.

Under the new arrangements, SIV applicants will be required to invest at least $5 million over four years in complying investments, which must now include:

At least $500,000 in eligible Australian venture capital or growth private equity (VCPE) fund(s) investing in start-up and small private companies. The Government expects to increase this to $1 million for new applications within two years as the market responds;

At least $1.5 million in an eligible managed fund(s) or Listed Investment Companies (LICs) that invest in emerging companies; and,

A ‘balancing investment’ of up to $3 million in managed fund(s) or LICs that invest in a combination of eligible assets that include Australian listed securities, eligible corporate bonds or notes, annuities and real property (subject to the 10 per cent limit on residential real estate

OzRick

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Significant Investor Visa (Subclass 188) is not an instant PR program. It is a provisional visa in that you have to invest minimum A$5M for 4 years as above and then be eligible to apply for PR visa (subclass 888).

So during the 4 years investment in start-up, small private companies, emerging companies and listed Investment Companies, you do not enjoy Medicare and other government benefits.

The Premium Investor Visa program requires minimum A$15M investments and are by invitation only through Austrade for talented entrepreneurs.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Significant Investor Visa (Subclass 188) is not an instant PR program. It is a provisional visa in that you have to invest minimum A$5M for 4 years as above and then be eligible to apply for PR visa (subclass 888).

So during the 4 years investment in start-up, small private companies, emerging companies and listed Investment Companies, you do not enjoy Medicare and other government benefits.

The Premium Investor Visa program requires minimum A$15M investments and are by invitation only through Austrade for talented entrepreneurs.

Thanks for info. Definitely not for me. Not that Ozland is not good but to uproot and migrate is totally different.

Anyway my retirement plans does include Sydney but not on migration basis. :smile:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for info. Definitely not for me. Not that Ozland is not good but to uproot and migrate is totally different.

Anyway my retirement plans does include Sydney but not on migration basis. :smile:

Dream and plan, you are rich enough to afford and I welcome you to OZ. We shall debate Sydney vs Melbourne.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dream and plan, you are rich enough to afford and I welcome you to OZ.

It is a matter of choice ever since I took a yacht from Double bay to Twin heads some 20 years ago.
London, PH, KL and hopefully Sydney....just waiting for my daughter to finish her Ausmat first. :smile: