• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Economic News

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You bloody fool.

S$100 a day is RM9000 a month.

Who willing to pay hotel that amount.......

Problem replying an idiot, is that he live in his own circle. And only think he is the only success story around.

You see nothing yet, there are lot of people here 10 times more successful than you.

Engage cleaners? Many have been cleaned out too, anyway what makes you think I do my own cleaning? I am referring to the cheapskates who I know own JB properties. Did I say RM 100 Hotels? Open your bloody eyes, I said $100 sgd which is about RM 300, your RM 400 a night is only $35 dollars more nia lol, so don't talk like a bloody fool who thinks he is Bill Gates and think your RM 400 is like king, pui! Everyone laughing lah.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk big when you own a lease factory. People here own FH retail shops in Singapore.

Some stay in Bungalow.

If you know how to play the game, property is easy and depends on your appetite for risk, all my properties are fully paid up and appreciating, so when a good opportunity comes, sell off and take profit and move to another one, so you will always have cash and pay in full.

Case in point, I have 99 year lease factory in my stable now, performance not so good, estimate value $800k, still on lease, but tenant only renew one year after a good 10 year run, once the tenant gives up the lease, I will put up for rent / sale, if can rent, continue to rent, if buyer comes first then sell, take the $800k and put into another property.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different strokes for different folks, I pay for property in cash so I look for long term stability and how'd you guess? My focus is on Melbourne, best city living in the world, boring? I guess you find having dry mee pok at a hawker's centre in Singapore as most exciting right?

Anyway part of my family are OZ citizens so no need you to teach me on investment rules there, been there, done that since '87.

$100 a night is not my budget, it is the budget for people who only have enough money to invest in JB, so it does not speak for me.

Think before you brag. You haolian about investing in australia ppty but do you think policy on Australia property is foreign investors friendly? Being a PR or even a citizen in aussie give you the advantage that average singapore investors cannot enjoy, so basically singaporean who stupid follow your advise will come there to help increase supply of property to the locals, that is the way how the ruling meant to be, and you know much better than i do.

Let me assess you. Melbourne, where do you recommend for average singaporean to invest? Your suggestion will make me know your understanding of the market. If you really know your homework, you will know where is danger and where is relatively safe.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You bloody fool.

S$100 a day is RM9000 a month.

Who willing to pay hotel that amount.......

Problem replying an idiot, is that he live in his own circle. And only think he is the only success story around.

You see nothing yet, there are lot of people here 10 times more successful than you.

Again you are either blind or have very poor comprehension skills, I said some people just buy JB homes not really to invest but as weekend homes, and I said why bother? when a $100 a night can get a pretty decent hotel for weekend stay in JB, ya ok $135 in your case Mr Bill Gates.

Sure there are people 100 times more successful than me, but definitely not you, as you have bought residential property in JB LOL!!!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk big when you own a lease factory. People here own FH retail shops in Singapore.

Some stay in Bungalow.

Again blind bat, the 99 year leasehold factory I was referring to is the poorest performer in my stable of properties, ie. I have a full portfolio of properties, industrial, landed, condo, I basically covered all types and all fully paid and am evenly well spread. Why you so proud of your Sky 88 at most you paid how much? 1M RM at launch? and you need to take mortgage and still paying LOL! Can sell for RM 1450 psf? Sell first in today's market then talk.

There are people 10 times more successful than me sure but certainly not you LOL.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why I buy in JB?

When I buy SKY88 RM790 psf. Now is RM1450.

Exchange rate lost is my gain, as I only paid 30% at SGD/RM 2.50 and balance will be paid at the rate of SGD/RM 3.02.

Only idiots spend time cleaning their own condo; I will engage in cleaners to clean once a week.

About those RM100 hotel........ only Double Tree can compare to some of the condos I own. It is RM400 over night. (weekdays only)
When you rent hotel you only rent a room, how do you compare to the 2200 sq ft condo I own in Astaka??

Do you really own a unit at astaka??? risky risky, psf wise still ok...but you need to think about total value. Super hard to turn hand for sure. N still quite a distance away from bukit chagar.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you know how to play the game, property is easy and depends on your appetite for risk, all my properties are fully paid up and appreciating, so when a good opportunity comes, sell off and take profit and move to another one, so you will always have cash and pay in full.

Case in point, I have 99 year lease factory in my stable now, performance not so good, estimate value $800k, still on lease, but tenant only renew one year after a good 10 year run, once the tenant gives up the lease, I will put up for rent / sale, if can rent, continue to rent, if buyer comes first then sell, take the $800k and put into another property.

Wah...$800K, must be a very big factory. Where is it located? Terrace / Semi D or detached factory?
So every month, pure profit....very good. Got pay tax or not?

So easy, sell one, buy one, sell one somemore, buy 1 extra...like that so easy to Huat!!.

How I wish I got a 800k factory.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah...$800K, must be a very big factory. Where is it located? Terrace / Semi D or detached factory?
So every month, pure profit....very good. Got pay tax or not?

So easy, sell one, buy one, sell one somemore, buy 1 extra...like that so easy to Huat!!.

How I wish I got a 800k factory.

Go commercial guru and check and see how many 99 year lease hold factories in Singapore. Are you joking $800k factory is expensive? You obviously not in the industrial property market.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go commercial guru and check and see how many 99 year lease hold factories in Singapore. Are you joking $800k factory is expensive? You obviously not in the industrial property market.

Oic...u must be very proud of your achievements.
So apart from this factory, you must have a few more in Singapore. Can share?
I am trying to understand Singapore industrial market.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic...u must be very proud of your achievements.
So apart from this factory, you must have a few more in Singapore. Can share?
I am trying to understand Singapore industrial market.

Only one, because I don't like leasehold property, second industrial rents not good, oversupply of factories, and because factories not really location sensitive, rental is not good, of you want to buy, buy only freehold factory, at least have lasting power, or else don't touch. Retail is the best investment category but in Singapore, no more opportunities for retail, the glory days are over. Look overseas.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only one, because I don't like leasehold property, second industrial rents not good, oversupply of factories, and because factories not really location sensitive, rental is not good, of you want to buy, buy only freehold factory, at least have lasting power, or else don't touch. Retail is the best investment category but in Singapore, no more opportunities for retail, the glory days are over. Look overseas.

Singapore how to get freehold? So now Singapore not good, you move all your money to Australia? Or you still collecting rentals from your residential / retail properties in Singapore. Rentals in Spore is good. I know a friend who told me reits is not doing well now.

You must also have bought many condos in Melbourne? Student housing? At one time I was looking at Chapel Street and the area near La Trobe.

I know a guy who sold all his Spore properties and buy into London. Did you buy into London as well?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore how to get freehold? So now Singapore not good, you move all your money to Australia? Or you still collecting rentals from your residential / retail properties in Singapore. Rentals in Spore is good. I know a friend who told me reits is not doing well now.

You must also have bought many condos in Melbourne? Student housing? At one time I was looking at Chapel Street and the area near La Trobe.

I know a guy who sold all his Spore properties and buy into London. Did you buy into London as well?

There was recent sale at Tagor, FH Industrial but I did not buy. No, not all my assets to Australia, just have a beautiful 12,000 sq ft house in Glen Waverly suburb as my daughter studying there. All other properties in SG, two in the East and one in the West, safest place.

Will only look for condos in Melb if I sell the factory. Divested in UK already.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was recent sale at Tagor, FH Industrial but I did not buy. No, not all my assets to Australia, just have a beautiful 12,000 sq ft house in Glen Waverly suburb as my daughter studying there. All other properties in SG, two in the East and one in the West, safest place.

Will only look for condos in Melb if I sell the factory. Divested in UK already.

Your Glen Waverly would cost easily AUD 1m.
So can savely assume you have S$3 to 4m in assets. Congratulations.
As a benchmark, would you consider yourself as a satisfied Singaporean investor and looking forward towards your early retirement or you are hunting for more?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your Glen Waverly would cost easily AUD 1m.
So can savely assume you have S$3 to 4m in assets. Congratulations.
As a benchmark, would you consider yourself as a satisfied Singaporean investor and looking forward towards your early retirement or you are hunting for more?

Yes you are quite astute about Glen Waverly suburb, I am looking to retire at around 55, so if have any last investments to make, it should be ard now lol.

I hope to rent Setia 88 at RM2,500 pm cheap cheap!!!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are quite astute about Glen Waverly suburb, I am looking to retire at around 55, so if have any last investments to make, it should be ard now lol.

I hope to rent Setia 88 at RM2,500 pm cheap cheap!!!

Different people have different preferences. Some opt to retire yet some opt to go on working.
I know there's at least a HNWI used to be among us here who would not stop even he hit 55. Recently he make more money through forex than total yearly rentals collected through his many industrial properties. He do not believe in loans for his ventures in Prime Central London across from The Shard and he do not rent them out either. He just keep his properties as his trophies and stay there maybe 2 weeks per year.

Once I asked him why he buy into JB which cost him RM1.7m? He just say people buy, so he buy la. Just take it as holiday home. Pay maintenance fee RM600 a month but stay there 2 weeks a year. Crazy man.

Last edited:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had the benefit of being invited to see a new launch recently and spoke to several lawyers, accounting firm owners and Malaysian businessmen.

Many of them are still buying even though Singaporeans are not buying. I asked them why. Apparently many are relocating their offices from the city centre of JB ( near City Square ) to swanky office buildings along Medini, Puteri Harbour and Sunway area. They havent started the relocation as none of these office buildings are yet completed.

Surely they must have known something which foreigners dont know

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be very cash rich to pay in cash in Melbourne. Is that a lot of money?
Some Singaporeans and Malaysians are very poor people too, cannot afford to invest in Melbourne.

But they prefer PCL. I suppose you also had invested there too.

Not sure if it is true, my Australian friend told me that locals will generally not buy a new apartment in Melbourne, they think that it is overpriced and aimed at foreigners. Also, if they really want an apartment, they will buy resale from foreigner since they know they can knife 'bua lai lai' to wait for a low price since foreigners can only sell to Australians or pr. And australians priority is still to buy a big landed house for family.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if it is true, my Australian friend told me that locals will generally not buy a new apartment in Melbourne, they think that it is overpriced and aimed at foreigners. Also, if they really want an apartment, they will buy resale from foreigner since they know they can knife 'bua lai lai' to wait for a low price since foreigners can only sell to Australians or pr. And australians priority is still to buy a big landed house for family.

Depends on who you talk to. Sometimes, the danger about listening to so-called "friends", acquaintances, the man in the street or newspaper reports is that they present a very biased views of things. It's very easy for us to listen to a native speak and then take it to be representing the whole truth.

Take Singapore as a very good example. There are many citizens here who are dissatisfied with things here. I know several people who complain they want to migrate if they can. They complain about overcrowding, trains breaking down, etc. If a foreigner who knows nothing much about Singapore is to ask one of these unhappy Singaporeans, the response might be: "Don't come to Singapore. Everything is expensive. A small car costs $100k. Trains are crowded and can break down easily. Jobs are unstable...." The foreigner will go back to his country and report in some typical forum: Singapore is a sucky place. The subway trains are unreliable and I heard one Singaporean tell me they are experiencing overcrowding now. What cost us $25k for a car, they are paying 4 times the amount!

BUT... we all know the whole picture about Singapore is not fully painted. Quite the opposite, investors love the country. Foreigners love to settle down in Singapore long term for the economic stability and opportunities available.

On my side, if you ask me, I say I will never buy a condo in Singapore. It's small, too expensive, and simply not worth it, especially when compared to HDB flats which these days have modern designs. Moreover, many condos are built just beside HDB flats these days with no special views. So why pay so much for it? We need bigger space which condos cannot provide. More than 80% of the population live in public flats! Condos are for foreigners to "play with".

A foreigner who hears me say the above will report back: Don't invest in Singapore private properties. I heard from a native say Singaporeans don't buy condos. They prefer their public housing called "HDB flats" which are almost equally as good and so much larger and cheaper. They will rather buy them for their families. Condos are for foreigners.

Is the above true coming just from me? :smile: