• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eco Botanic @ Nusajaya

Sweethome

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread has been very useful to me, I am new to this forum and just want to share my opinions.
I am a local and few months ago decided to buy our first landed house (Cluster) and looking around few areas.
We surveyed days and nights on our targeted areas at Adda Height, Desa Tebrau, Taman Gaya, Cascadia, Eco Spring, Sutera Utama, and Nusajaya.
Cheapest was Tmn Gaya, expensive were HH / EB / SU, but SU only has semi-d or terrace.
We liked Adda Height (Grey Stone) very much and almost confirmed a unit before visited Eco Botanic.
Finally we confirmed a bumi released unit of EB after further surveys were done.

Why we have chosen EB?
1. Location - the only 2 locations of my survey (& HH) which can go home from 2nd link without a traffic light , and also to 1st link CIQ.
2. The Design - impressive and unique, the show unit is one of the nicest amongst JB projects. (compare landed only)
3. Environment - without terrace house, same as Adda Height & Spring, it keeps the environment peaceful in the long run.
4. Strata title - we don't like our neighbourhood to be rojak in future, like those terrace taman in JB.

What we dislike
1. HTC surrounding, so we have chosen the unit not so close to it with additional premium.
2. No big shopping nearby - need to travel to BI or SU
3. High maintenance fee - of course no free lunch in this world

We are not rich but to stay in EB will be our dream and possibly ideal for our retirement days in many years to come.
To my view, it is very much depends on individual on their selection.
Still there are many choices in JB, do make more surveys before you buy a dream home.
Cheers to every one.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
gooddebt,

I guess I read you wrongly.

ok, you are saying there IS STILL a tenant pool in Zone B.

Thanks.

Can't speak for other zones as I am not experienced enough, however, there is definitely a tenant pool in Zone B. Of course, there is several new companies coming in, like Pinewood, but there is also a long list of existing companies in the field of Oil & Gas, Electronics, Logistics, etc. in the area. As I understand from agents, most of these executives would typically stay in Singapore and commute, however, as Nusajaya develops as a community, an increasing number prefer to rent in Nusajaya as their lease expires or if a new exec comes in.

For example, here is a list of companies in PTP free zone. There are others of course:

http://www.ptp.com.my/freezone.html

Don't get me wrong. The process is slow, it takes time. It helps if you differentiate by spending a few extra bucks on the house. But there are tenants out there for all range of properties ....

Sweethome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats on your purchase. For your own stay and retirement, EB is ok. You also did the right thing to buy a unit far from HTC. How much additional premium you pay? Which model you bought? Hopefully is not the Davenham type.

Thanks and we really happy to be part of EB, I only know my price is RM300k more than the initial launch if base on this thread info. In fact we do not believe in feng shui nor pantang, but we did not buy Davenham because of other reasons, although my wife loves this type too.

D

Deleted member 80916

Hi,..which of these 2 types offer better value,..Eco Botanic, or East Ledang ?

Issit true, that East Ledang phase 7, has lots & lots of defects - which Developer still delay fixing ?

Will EB - when completed - also experience same ???

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Issit true, that East Ledang phase 7, has lots & lots of defects - which Developer still delay fixing ?

Hard to compare now because EB is not completed yet. I also heard of the quality issue in East Ledang base on their thread. As for EB, i am still sceptical on the house quality. I think must really wait till phase one completed. Cannot trust too much of the CGI. Ecoworld have already made some blunders on the design floorplan. Anything can happen because the more buyer pay for the house, the expectation from buyer is going to be much higher. Tan Sri best project in JB during SP Setia is Setia Tropika. If i go look at the quality of the house there is quite bad.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well ... the quality of most houses at Bukit Indah are equally bad. Many contractors told me this. If EB quality will be like Bukit Indah..... than jialat liao.

Highflyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks and we really happy to be part of EB, I only know my price is RM300k more than the initial launch if base on this thread info. In fact we do not believe in feng shui nor pantang, but we did not buy Davenham because of other reasons, although my wife loves this type too.

Dont mind share how much is your unit?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hard to compare now because EB is not completed yet. I also heard of the quality issue in East Ledang base on their thread. As for EB, i am still sceptical on the house quality. I think must really wait till phase one completed. Cannot trust too much of the CGI. Ecoworld have already made some blunders on the design floorplan. Anything can happen because the more buyer pay for the house, the expectation from buyer is going to be much higher. Tan Sri best project in JB during SP Setia is Setia Tropika. If i go look at the quality of the house there is quite bad.

I have friends staying at Setia Tropika. i think at phase 5. The quality seems okay. Maybe you are referring to the earlier phase?

jovinchiang

Alfrescian
Loyal

No doubt that when they are still developing Bukit Indah, their customer care service is quite good. Seldom heard they got any delay on fixing.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No doubt that when they are still developing Bukit Indah, their customer care service is quite good. Seldom heard they got any delay on fixing.

Now is totally different. SP Setia is famous of providing bad service now. The house quality of Setia Eco Cascadia now is also expecting worst hit. Many worry that this strata title SEC is giving a sloppy job now.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody worry except maybe somebody who cannot understand the concept of branding. (i'm being charitable here.)

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now is totally different. SP Setia is famous of providing bad service now. The house quality of Setia Eco Cascadia now is also expecting worst hit. Many worry that this strata title SEC is giving a sloppy job now.

The quality of a project should depend on the project manager and his/her contractors. In general, I think many developers in Johor are having a harder time competing for manpower and resources while facing rising costs, so quality is likely to slip for projects that are completing in the next few years.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
It'll slip.
Singapore with the much higher exchange rate is just too attractive for Malaysian contractors to continue plying their trade there.
It'll always be a struggle until the pay vs the inconvenience balances out.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The quality of a project should depend on the project manager and his/her contractors. In general, I think many developers in Johor are having a harder time competing for manpower and resources while facing rising costs, so quality is likely to slip for projects that are completing in the next few years.

Yes....agree. Everybody are competing for manpower. At the end, the weakening SP Setia may have to merge with I&P to strengthen its position. People are losing faith in the company. I think the weakening of SP Setia is to the advantage of Tan Sri Liew. He may have engineered the downfall of SP Setia by taking so many people out from Setia. Many that bought SP Setia product in the past due to Tan Sri reputation are at the lost now. Just why you see some panic selling in SEC even before the project completed.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes....agree. Everybody are competing for manpower. At the end, the weakening SP Setia may have to merge with I&P to strengthen its position. People are losing faith in the company. I think the weakening of SP Setia is to the advantage of Tan Sri Liew. He may have engineered the downfall of SP Setia by taking so many people out from Setia. Many that bought SP Setia product in the past due to Tan Sri reputation are at the lost now. Just why you see some panic selling in SEC even before the project completed.

I agree with your view on SP Setia. Maybe Tan Sri wanted to take revenge. Staff pinching is an act of bad faith.