• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eateries at East Coast Seafood Centre up in arms over NParks' new rental scheme

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NParks only makes decisions like these after deep consideration of fairness and equity.

totally agree wif u! ...

evryday me c u count money until so shiok ... nt fair 2 me, rite? ... after all, u make money using my premises wat ... muz b fair 2 me la ... me oso want a big chunk of wat u make! ... :cool: :biggrin:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
A majority of revenue should come from taxes, and not from rentals. Rentals should be fixed because these operations depend on tourists and locals alike. And because SG is in a recession, the more these operations have to depend on volume and turnover of customers.

In short, government ministries should be facilitators to help businesses operate and continue to make money. In exchange, these businesses will pay taxes to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore. But in no way or form should these ministries be turned into a quasi-corporation that is bend to make profits in the form of higher rentals.

NParks depend on the government for their funding and as such, they should be banned from seeking extra revenue from sources such as this. This is also true because NParks is the authority of all parks in Singapore, and not a business entity; its not Singapore Power.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
A majority of revenue should come from taxes, and not from rentals. Rentals should be fixed because these operations depend on tourists and locals alike. And because SG is in a recession, the more these operations have to depend on volume and turnover of customers.

In short, government ministries should be facilitators to help businesses operate and continue to make money. In exchange, these businesses will pay taxes to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore. But in no way or form should these ministries be turned into a quasi-corporation that is bend to make profits in the form of higher rentals.

NParks depend on the government for their funding and as such, they should be banned from seeking extra revenue from sources such as this. This is also true because NParks is the authority of all parks in Singapore, and not a business entity; its not Singapore Power.
PAP is killing biz in Spore,except GLCs and MNCs

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP is killing biz in Spore,except GLCs and MNCs

Through higher start-up costs, they will kill all small businesses, leaving S'pore with only half screwed up GLCs and a bunch of MNCs which are always gonna be looking for opportunities to go somewhere else.

I mean these MNCs won't continue to manufacture in Singapore if the cost of wages are too high..and these manufacturers are producing low-end products, not high end ones. Even factories in China are producing iPhones, and iPods and Macs for Apple, hardly low-end tech products.

In the end, I feel sad when the government becomes an adversary of small businesses in Singapore. In other countries, such as Australia, the government has become a partner in helping small businesses to grow. Here, its the opposite. More people will emigrate to other countries as a result of this.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Complain, complain & more complains that's what these people are famous for!, all of them move out en masse...!!, but Stinkerporeans are 'ants'...

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just collapse the entire the Singapore SME industry and turn it into a communist state. LKY is the biggest commie. See if communism will attract anyone. Tourist statistics are so rigged. Your maid foreign worker all count as tourist statistics. Walk in walk out count one time. Next time make you fill up 2 forms count twice.

A business associate in China, told me that LKY perfected the communist system in Singapore.

A one party rule with himself portrayed like "Mao" the father of the country, the best part is he do it with the endorsement of the west and camouflage under democracy and free election.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHO IS THE LACKEY THAT THOUGHT THIS OUT?

That white scum lackey is hiding behind a govt entity trying to profit from rental raise. KNN it's just a parking maintenance unit want to collect rental. Years back MOE built the new building with plenty of shops for rental. Now this.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
A business associate in China, told me that LKY perfected the communist system in Singapore.

A one party rule with himself portrayed like "Mao" the father of the country, the best part is he do it with the endorsement of the west and camouflage under democracy and free election.

Hehe ...you Chinese associate is so so RIGHT.

I liked that so much, I have incorporate that as my signature, with credits to you of course.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's choosing the best of both sides. Communist where got pay themselves millions paycheck?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screw lah. If they want percentage, then precentage all the way. Where got say "whichever is higher". This is call profiteering! Where is CASE? These people are driving up food prices during a recession! AND WITH NO VALUE ADD!

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Through higher start-up costs, they will kill all small businesses, leaving S'pore with only half screwed up GLCs and a bunch of MNCs which are always gonna be looking for opportunities to go somewhere else.

I mean these MNCs won't continue to manufacture in Singapore if the cost of wages are too high..and these manufacturers are producing low-end products, not high end ones. Even factories in China are producing iPhones, and iPods and Macs for Apple, hardly low-end tech products.

In the end, I feel sad when the government becomes an adversary of small businesses in Singapore. In other countries, such as Australia, the government has become a partner in helping small businesses to grow. Here, its the opposite. More people will emigrate to other countries as a result of this.
Small biz bosses are very happy with PAP even PAP says F.O.

Surprise,surprise,amd you know why?

One word,ASSETS.

The small men and ladies -never mind biz KOYA,so long as my terraces,bungalows,condos or even piegon holes are doubling in values.

But NOT any more,and I reckon it may take up to 10 years to recover in assets' value,much of course depends on that CHANGE new Black President.So I guess Lau Lee is going to die as a NOT so popular man after all.

Is there GOD?yes,GOD is every where,always think before you do,no slelf justification or glorification.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screw lah. If they want percentage, then precentage all the way. Where got say "whichever is higher". This is call profiteering! Where is CASE? These people are driving up food prices during a recession! AND WITH NO VALUE ADD!

They are NOT entitle to the rental. Imagine business owner took the risk initially to run business. What NPark do? Nothing but maintaining parks. Even if the business fail to take off, they got nothing to lose!

Another town council imitation. :mad:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landlord National Parks Board (NParks) needs to balance their accounts after spending $$$ to upgrade several parks including the Bridge and additional responsibility with Hong Lim Park.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are NOT entitle to the rental. Imagine business owner took the risk initially to run business. What NPark do? Nothing but maintaining parks. Even if the business fail to take off, they got nothing to lose!

Another town council imitation. :mad:

NFark now comes under Shortie Ministar Tatoo of Fantasy Island.

He is the same short arse that says HDB losing hundreds of millions every year.

He is single handedly responsible for raising the COSTS of LIVING in Singapore together with that Transport ministar.

Save your "BLESSINGS" for these 2 Ministars everytime your wallet is empty.

boii77

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is nothing really fantastic about east coast seafood centre... crowded hot n stuffy.. wait long long for food.. priced up so high.. no parking lot... n worse non stop patrolling of traffic warden to book u even u miss the timing by 1min

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the end, after all that complaining and empty threats, these Chinks will kowtow to National Parks demand. Typical Sinkie Chinkies.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Capitaland is king in this GTO rental shit. They enforce it in all their malls. If you don't want, they tell you to fuck off, the queue of people who want to set up shop is long!!! That is what we tell their tenants. All their tenants are forced to use Capitaland POS system so that the landlord can see how much the tenant earn.

Fuck company. Gangster, extortionist. If you have a booming business, they want part of it. Extortion right?

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those business setting up in the park had to be prepare for this shock. This is the underhand way the scholars/lackeys are earning credits.