• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dual Citizenship / NS Obligations / HDB Flats and Migration

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So what you are going to do when the Singapore's disembarkation form ask you if you have traveled under a previous name? Make a false declaration?

technically, if fishbuffy left sg for good on an sg passport, acquired oz citizenship, converted to oz passport without renewing the sg passport, and did the deed poll in oz to change his name without setting foot again in sg with his sg passport all that time, he doesn't have to tick the "yes" box. you need to read the disembarkation/embarkation form (imm 27a) again. if he's holding an ozzie passport with his new name to enter sg for the first time, he can tick "no" because his current passport has his new legal name and he has never entered sg before (with a different name). the sections reads 'have you ever used a passport under a different name to enter singapore?' the next section reads 'if "yes" state name(s) different from current passport'.

Last edited:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
technically, if fishbuffy left sg for good on an sg passport, acquired oz citizenship, converted to oz passport without renewing the sg passport, and did the deed poll in oz to change his name without setting foot again in sg with his sg passport all that time, he doesn't have to tick the "yes" box. you need to read the disembarkation/embarkation form (imm 27a) again. if he's holding an ozzie passport with his new name to enter sg for the first time, he can tick "no" because his current passport has his new legal name and he has never entered sg before (with a different name). the sections reads 'have you ever used a passport under a different name to enter singapore?' the next section reads 'if "yes" state name(s) different from current passport'.

you are smart. :smile:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you are are veteran of this forum and you have never been the sharpest tool in this shed. Quite staggering when you were in this forum long before you migrated and one would have thought that you might know a thing or two having migrated. Bench presses builds muscles but does nothing for the mind.

So what you are going to do when the Singapore's disembarkation form ask you if you have traveled under a previous name? Make a false declaration?

Xenomorph is right. What are you going to put as your place of birth - Gleneagles or your Toa Payoh home? What about your date of birth?

As the db professional you should know the importance of primary key. So what do you think is the primary key? So they are going to match your new name - John Fishbuff against their db. What about doing a deed poll to change your DOB and place of birth?

you means there is only one singaporean born in a certain day? primary key... please. it is dangerous to have users who think they knew IT when the knew only a tiny bit of it.

i have seen what you had done before, a snitch, so i wont argue with you any further.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=275193405839467
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120216-328301.html
http://uppercaise.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/spore-bloggers-back-down-rumours-libel/
http://singaporedesk.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/fuel-for-thought.html

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a history of giving misleading information under your previous nick and this is no different. The authorities are looking to establish an individual's true identity. They are not asking this question to determine if changing name is a fashionable trend.

Any sane individual knows what they are asking. If you charged for false declaration, you can argue using your technical hubris argument until you are blue in the face.

Better stick to simple poetry.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly bro, stick to the religious folder and occupy yourself with benchpresses.

Countries deploy state of the art technology to isolate anomalous activity. A simple deed poll change is only going to fool your mother in law.

Don't put people in jeopardy by making these kind of suggestions. If you have no idea, ask.

you means there is only one singaporean born in a certain day? primary key... please. it is dangerous to have users who think they knew IT when the knew only a tiny bit of it.

i have seen what you had done before, a snitch, so i wont argue with you any further.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=275193405839467
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120216-328301.html
http://uppercaise.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/spore-bloggers-back-down-rumours-libel/
http://singaporedesk.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/fuel-for-thought.html

evian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal,

I would appreciate your advice on the following.
Background Details:
My father who was Singaporean registered me as a Singapore citizen at birth.
I was born in the UK and have always held a UK Passport.
I have never held a Singaporean Passport nor NRIC nor have I ever been a Singapore resident in my formative years
I renounced my Singapore Citizenship at age 21
In 1995, I came to work in Singapore and was granted an employment pass
In 1997, at the age of 32, I applied for PR which was granted on condition that I serve NS. I politely declined when went back onto an employment pass.
I have been working in Singapore ever since (converting my employment pass P2 into a Personal Employment Pass (PEP) in 2010).

Two hypothetical questions:

1) If I re-appy for PR now, what is my likelihood of success?
2) If I marry a Singaporean, to what extent, if any, will this have on my PR application?

Btw, not that I think it matters, but I am of Chinese origin and draw a monthly salary of approx S$10k.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly bro, stick to the religious folder and occupy yourself with benchpresses.

Countries deploy state of the art technology to isolate anomalous activity. A simple deed poll change is only going to fool your mother in law.

Don't put people in jeopardy by making these kind of suggestions. If you have no idea, ask.

scroobal is well known to be a person of the PAP inner circle members, never emigrate out of singapore before nor does he hold any citizenship in any other countries. why would people want to ask him this? what is his motivation to help you all on such matter? how reliable is his fact when he is only a nick in the internet? is his advice geniunely to help you or is there a possibility that he is going to sabotage you all?

let all readers know this; "buyers beware!"

always take advices from the internet with a pinch of salt, especially from unknown nick that have a habit of snitching on private affairs of ministers like Sharmugam and tan kin liang on the net. Is that noble? is that of good personality and character? i dont think so.

ok, i go back to religious folder now, do my 300lb benchpress and do my db consulting. see ya.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, thanks for the details, its helps.

Nearly every tom, dick and jane can now acquire citizenship/ pr as the hurdles have dramatically dropped in the last few years except where you are concerned. Its is a case by case basis. Age wise you have already crossed the catchment group for NS. If they grant you PR this time around it will not be on the basis that you have to do NS, it will other factors including spouse, investor status, eminent scientist etc. Again, its on a case by case basis. No issue if you did NS and then migrated and renounced citizenship. But you have 2 hits - no NS and you also renounced.

Dear Scroobal,

I would appreciate your advice on the following.
Background Details:
My father who was Singaporean registered me as a Singapore citizen at birth.
I was born in the UK and have always held a UK Passport.
I have never held a Singaporean Passport nor NRIC nor have I ever been a Singapore resident in my formative years
I renounced my Singapore Citizenship at age 21
In 1995, I came to work in Singapore and was granted an employment pass
In 1997, at the age of 32, I applied for PR which was granted on condition that I serve NS. I politely declined when went back onto an employment pass.
I have been working in Singapore ever since (converting my employment pass P2 into a Personal Employment Pass (PEP) in 2010).

Two hypothetical questions:

1) If I re-appy for PR now, what is my likelihood of success?
2) If I marry a Singaporean, to what extent, if any, will this have on my PR application?

Btw, not that I think it matters, but I am of Chinese origin and draw a monthly salary of approx S$10k.

Many thanks in advance.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have a history of giving misleading information under your previous nick and this is no different. The authorities are looking to establish an individual's true identity. They are not asking this question to determine if changing name is a fashionable trend.

show the history and prove it. i've been giving accurate info on how to deal with sg authorities on ns and emigration on the old site before you crash the scene. the host used my first elaborate post on the subject as the guide for questions/replies. the only time i challenged you then was your false claim that sg statutes had no language whatsoever to penalize an offender with two passports of which one was sg. i cited the statute and gave real examples of how 3 parties were penalized, and you disappeared from that argument like a worm. it must had truly hurt your pride and ego, as you claimed to be the one truly know-all (rhymes with scrooball) on such matters in all of cyberspace. from that moment on, you started to harass and become exceptionally itchy and bitchy. truly mirroring the character of your master harry whom you so disgustingly detest. i believe old man is right in disenfranchising you. he can see you more clearly than you see yourself. *ahem*

slepland

Dear scroobal sir,
Pls advise my cousin's son now age 7. Should his son renew the passport which will expire on 2014. He is recieving his pr in australia in the next few weeks. Thanks.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once you renew the passport, his status changes to one who is considered to have enjoyed privileges of a citizen. It thus complicates family dynamics as the kid grows. I am assuming the family wants to make the OZ their new home and plan to apply for citizenship once the qualifying period is met.

Better to hold on and apply for OZ passport to travel. I am aware that there will be a few years gap when he is not in possession of a valid passport. In the event of emergency travel, Australia issues temporary travel documents for PRs. These are not passports but recognised documents around the world.

We Singaporeans tend to put alot of value on passports. Just tell the Singapore relatives to travel instead of the son. I know of families that have not gone back for over 5 years until they got their new country's passport.

Also do not obtain the NRIC when the notice comes.

But do the following

Email Mindef once the family gets PR status and provide contact details. Just before he turns 13 need to apply exit permit until 16.5 age, then need to register online for NS but they will give another exit permit unit 21 yrs. In both instances no bond required. It better to provide Mindef contact details so they will send appropriate notifications. They treat Migrants differently and just need to follow procedures.

Dear scroobal sir,
Pls advise my cousin's son now age 7. Should his son renew the passport which will expire on 2014. He is recieving his pr in australia in the next few weeks. Thanks.

slepland

Thanks scroobal sir.
One other thing. With the new oz passport, Can the sg boy age 11-21 travel back to singapore using oz passport? I just wondering how to visit relatives if say grandpa or grandma is sickly or passes away.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thanks scroobal sir.
One other thing. With the new oz passport, Can the sg boy age 11-21 travel back to singapore using oz passport? I just wondering how to visit relatives if say grandpa or grandma is sickly or passes away.

Yes he can.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks scroobal sir.

Seen this case before.

Even if the boy is PR and given up Sg passport, Australia will issue alternative travel documents on such grounds. Moreover, Singapore is a Commonwealth country recognised by Australia, so the process is different from someone from China.

That will be the least of my worries.

In the case I saw, it was complicate by the parents who were still PRs but the PR visa expired. In this case, they have to apply for a RRV (Resident Return Visa) in order to travel back to Australia.

You will find the relevant information in Passport Australia website.

Found the webpage for you. https://www.passports.gov.au/web/travelrelateddocuments.aspx

Last edited:

mnbmn

Hi,

I am a Singaporean, holding a Singaporean passport. I recently got married to my wife, who is of British nationality holding a british passport. The marriage was legalized in the UK. I have already successfully applied for a settlement VISA and is valid for 2 years. I intend to work and live in the UK.

My major concern is for my reservist. What are the steps that I need to do to ensure I do not have to come back to Singapore just to do reservist. And prior to leaving Singapore, what are neccessary for me to do eg. exit permit etc?

I appreciate any help or advice given. Thanx in advance.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I appreciate any help or advice given. Thanx in advance.

Just apply for an exit permit stating that you have moved to another country to live and work. MINDEF may ask for a few details. Just give them what they want and they'll leave you alone from then on after.

After a period of time, you should be able to apply for a UK passport. You're then home free.

mnbmn

Hi,

I am from the HomeTeam. Is it the same procedure? Anyway, I tried to apply for the exit permit online at www.ns.sg but I am stuck with the reason for departure.

They have only the following reasons for departure:
1) Compassionate grounds
2) Overseas Employment
3) Overseas Studies
4) Permanent Residence
5) Working on Board Vessel
6) Religious Ministry
7) Religious Studies
8) Employer-Sponsored Training

I am married to a British citizen, and I am looking to live there with my wife. I am actively looking for a job in the UK, but have not got one. I have got a UK Settlement VISA that last for 2 years. Can someone advice me under which category do I choose my reasons for departure? Is it the Permanent Residence one?

I tried calling the NS hotline at 1800-3676767 to talk to an officer but all the officers were unavailable to pick up my calls.

Any advice?

Thanx

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Can someone advice me under which category do I choose my reasons for departure? Is it the Permanent Residence one?

Should be "Can someone ADVISE me.....".

"Advice" is a noun.

Just put down "permanent residence" in your application. I'm sure that's sufficient.

Unless there are unique standing orders in your organisation regarding exit permits, the paperwork should be exactly the same.