• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Drinking Lots Of Plain Water

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since sugar and salt are supposed to be dissolved in water, will drinking water actually help us to dissolve more of these unhealthy salt and sugar before they enter the bloodstream?
I forgot to answer this specific question in my previous post.

I'm not a physician, but my common sense tells me that as long as you exercise regularly and frequently (i.e. at least every other day until you sweat, which is what I do, so that's at least three or four days) throughout the week every week, there's no need for you to worry about any water or salt (or sodium, to be more precise) problem, simply because your natural thirst (after sweating so much) will naturally motivate you to drink lots of water. The profuse sweating and urinating throughout the day would also excrete lots of sodium, so there's also no need to worry about consuming too much salt/sodium everyday; as for how much is "too much", simply monitor your blood pressure everyday using a:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphygmomanometer
and take note of, or at least estimate, how much sodium content you usually consume everyday; as long as your blood pressure is not high, then there's no need to worry.

It's sugar that is the much bigger problem, like a sweet (and, therefore, seductive) woman! :wink:

Sugar Doesn't Just Feed Cancer, It Causes Cancer - Cancer Defeated Newsletter #77
cancerdefeated.com/newsletters/Sugar-feeds-cancer-and-causes-cancer.html

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I forgot to answer this specific question in my previous post.

I'm not a physician, but my common sense tells me that as long as you exercise regularly and frequently (i.e. at least every other day until you sweat, which is what I do, so that's at least three or four days) throughout the week every week, there's no need for you to worry about any water or salt (or sodium, to be more precise) problem, simply because your natural thirst (after sweating so much) will naturally motivate you to drink lots of water. The profuse sweating and urinating throughout the day would also excrete lots of sodium, so there's also no need to worry about consuming too much salt/sodium everyday; as for how much is "too much", simply monitor your blood pressure everyday using a:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphygmomanometer
and take note of, or at least estimate, how much sodium content you usually consume everyday; as long as your blood pressure is not high, then there's no need to worry.

It's sugar that is the much bigger problem, like a sweet (and, therefore, seductive) woman! :wink:

Sugar Doesn't Just Feed Cancer, It Causes Cancer - Cancer Defeated Newsletter #77
cancerdefeated.com/newsletters/Sugar-feeds-cancer-and-causes-cancer.html

Noted with thanks. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
The new paper has confirmed that you are right. :eek:

http://www.tnp.sg/lifestyle/health/are-you-drinking-too-much-water-it-can-be-dangerous

Can you drink too much water?

Short answer: Yes

It is very rare for someone to die from drinking too much water, but it can happen.

Overhydrating is most common among elite athletes. Drinking an excess of water, called water intoxication, dilutes the concentration of sodium in the blood leading to a condition known as hyponatremia.

The symptoms of hyponatremia can range from nausea and confusion to seizures and even death in severe cases.

To avoid this, drink fluids with electrolytes during extreme exercise events.

jw5

Loyal
We should take everything we read in sinkie newspapers with a pinch of salt, and also some water, but not too much. :eek::biggrin:

But this report is not from the Straits Times... only the Straits Times reports the truth and nothing but the truth!